[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey or Watson?

Fafafooey

I agree that Shockey is great TE, but I think Watson has HUGE year....He's Brady's 'go to' receiver....runs like a Wide Receiver.....and has great hands...! his ONLY draw back is that not a great blocker....but look for Pats to run multiple TE sets, with Watson getting the ball often....!

If this were my team and I had both TE's, I would trade Shockey. His value is through the roof. He is very injury prone, and NYG has a balanced offense. Barber will be getting many carries, and there are plenty of good WRs to steal catches from Shockey. Watson so far looks to be Brady's go to guy. I would hang on to Watson, and trade Shockey. You'll thank yourself by week 4 when Shockey gets another concusssion, and/or tweaks his glass leg/ankle again.

Agree with Shorttynaz. But I would wait until week 2 to see if Brady hasn't been throwing smoke screens. As a loyal Pats fan, you can't trust these guys (see last year's Dillon situation which totally screwed me at least 4 or 5 times). I think all the Watson talk has been a ruse. But I would still try to trade one of these guys soon.

If this were my team and I had both TE's, I would trade Shockey. His value is through the roof. He is very injury prone, and NYG has a balanced offense. Barber will be getting many carries, and there are plenty of good WRs to steal catches from Shockey. Watson so far looks to be Brady's go to guy. I would hang on to Watson, and trade Shockey. You'll thank yourself by week 4 when Shockey gets another concusssion, and/or tweaks his glass leg/ankle again.

I was thinking the same thing. You could upgrade elsewhere possibly with a realtively steady production at TE with Watson. Especially with Branch on the sidelines.

I would probably start shockey but hold on to watson at least until week 4 when Shockey has his bye week. That's just me though.

--------------------

QB: Delhomme, E. Manning

RB: S. Alexander, D. Foster, T. Jones, J. Norwood, M. Morris

WR: D. Mason, L. Evans, B. Lloyd, G. Jennings, D. Givens

TE: J. Shockey

PK: J. Elam

D: Indy

Rush/Rec TD's: 6 pts or more. Rush/Rec yds: 1 pt per 10 yds.

Pass TD's: 6 pts or more. Pass yds: 1 pt per 25 yds.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB's 2 WR's, 1 Flex RB/WR, 1 TE, 1PK and 1DEF.

Edited by 74tommyboy

I would hold on to both of them for all the reasons stated. Shockey will get hurt and Watson will perform exceptionally well this year. However, you should start Shockey this week.

Watson is STILL unproven. Go with Shockey. After some time to see if Watson is the sleeper everyone thinks he'll be, plug him in. BTW, Brady spreads the ball around every year, what makes you think since they have no Branch he's gonna make Watson the next #1 fantasy TE?

I also agree here Shockey has had alot of injuries that has kept him out of the lineup over the years, I would start this week and take offers for him, see what the interest is.

Shockey or Watson, who do you start?

B Watson.

no deion branch = b watson is t brady's best target. he will look to him all day. i expect 2 tds from the other big ben.

eli will crumble against his older bother, making shockey a mediocre play at best