[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Falcons most anticipated game of the season?

rajncajn

I was reading a thread on the Saints board a couple of weeks ago saying that the Monday Night Football game, Saints vs Falcons in the Dome, is expected to be one of the top-rated MNF games of all time. Personally, the 24th can't come soon enough for me. But it also got me to thinking, does this game just have more meaning for me or is everybody else anticipating it just as much as I am?

Edited by rajncajn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a thread on the Saints board a couple of weeks ago saying that the Monday Night Football game, Saints vs Falcons in the Dome, is expected to be one of the top-rated MNF games of all time. Personally, the 24th can't come soon enough for me. But it also got me to thinking, does this game just have more meaning for me or is everybody else anticipating it just as much as I am?

Why would that game be so anticipated ? Sure, Reggie Bush & Michael Vick are exciting players to watch, but, there are a lot of other game that I'm more anxious for, even some that don't include the Steelers. :D

Why would that game be so anticipated ? Sure, Reggie Bush & Michael Vick are exciting players to watch, but, there are a lot of other game that I'm more anxious for, even some that don't include the Steelers. :D

I believe that would be the first game back in New Orleans since the hurricaine.

I can understand the anticipation from the standpoint of the "rebirth of New Orleans" and all that jazz (no pun intended). However, the game itself doesn't bring any more anticipation for me. It's a normal football game that will probably see the Falcons run all over the Saints.

The Bush/Vick aspect is pretty cool, though...two of the most exciting players in the NFL, if not THE most exciting.

It has nothing to do with the two teams playing, other than the fact that one of the teams is actually playing...

" Saints vs Falcons most anticipated game of the season?, ...that doesn't include your home team?"

:D

Yeah, it's right up there on the excitement scale with the Jets-Bills games or the 49ers-Cards games.

Still, a bad NFL game is still light years better than any MLB or NBA game.

I think after Katrina most of the country became Saints fans. I remember last season when they won the first game most of the country cheered. That's the first game back home isn't it?

Will the dome be ready?

Yes it is the first game back and the Dome will be ready and rocking like never before. Tickets are almost impossible to find and while we arent having any superbowl delusions we are very excited about this team!

2-0 Falcons vs the 2-0 Saints. It couldn't have played out any better. Can't wait for next Monday.

Edit: Sounds like the Saints finally sold out the season last night via season tix holders. From what I've heard they have about 30 single seats available at $1200-$1400 for a season.

Edited by myhousekey

2-0 Falcons vs the 2-0 Saints. It couldn't have played out any better. Can't wait for next Monday.

I know the Falcon's are favorites, but does anybody have the early line on this game?

Edited by rajncajn

Edit: Sounds like the Saints finally sold out the season last night via season tix holders. From what I've heard they have about 30 single seats available at $1200-$1400 for a season.

The sports travel company I work for still has packages (hotel and game ticket) available but they need to be booked right away obviously.

Couldn't have played out any better: Monday night, first game in the Superdome, fighting for the lead in the NFC South, two of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL, sold out stadium...

It's going to be LOUD at this one, and home field advantage is going to play a big role here. I hate to see that the Saints are poised to get completely flattened in this one. A good game would've been nice. :D

I am a little bit sad, though, that kickoff next Monday night will officially mark the moment that the entire nation turned against my Falcons.

Couldn't have played out any better: Monday night, first game in the Superdome, fighting for the lead in the NFC South, two of the most exciting players to watch in the NFL, sold out stadium...

It's going to be LOUD at this one, and home field advantage is going to play a big role here. I hate to see that the Saints are poised to get completely flattened in this one. A good game would've been nice. :D

I am a little bit sad, though, that kickoff next Monday night will officially mark the moment that the entire nation turned against my Falcons.

No reason to be sad, nobody liked them to begin with. :D