[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Falcons most anticipated game of the season?

rajncajn

It's perfect that the game is one of consequence--not only do the people of New Orleans welcome their team home, but they will be there to watch their undefeated team (with Reggie Bush playing for them for the first time) go for win number 3. Good luck to the Saints, and to the fans of NO, it's good to see them back where they belong--in the Big Easy. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after Katrina most of the country became Saints fans. I remember last season when they won the first game most of the country cheered. That's the first game back home isn't it?

Will the dome be ready?

That first game was at the Panthers. The whole stadium gave the Saints a standing ovation when they came on to the field. It was a classy thing for the Panther fans to do! :D

That first game was at the Panthers. The whole stadium gave the Saints a standing ovation when they came on to the field. It was a classy thing for the Panther fans to do! :D

As opposed to the un-classy NFL assigning them a "home" game at Giants stadium.

So, those of you that are saying the game is overhyped, do you think that they should just act like this is any other game? I really can't understand your animosity towards it, this is really a big deal for the Gulf Coast region including the Saints. :D

So, those of you that are saying the game is overhyped, do you think that they should just act like this is any other game? I really can't understand your animosity towards it, this is really a big deal for the Gulf Coast region including the Saints. :D

I usualy dont like excessive hype ie the Superbowl but this is something different. For us this is the clear sign that we are coming back and the Saints are staying with us through this difficult time. Many dont realize what it is this city is going through and how much more still needs to be done. Thank God for the hype as it may actually show everyone what we have accomplished yet also make them open their eyes to how much more needs to be done!

Good point. Most of us have never seen the devastation that you have. It's hard to understand, but we can try.

It's third for me after 1: Bucs in the Superbowl, 2: Bucs v. Rams playoff, and it's got nothing to do with the players. After all the chaos we saw last year, I want to see the fans back.

So essentially its the 1st, since those other two won't really happen?

I usualy dont like excessive hype ie the Superbowl but this is something different. For us this is the clear sign that we are coming back and the Saints are staying with us through this difficult time. Many dont realize what it is this city is going through and how much more still needs to be done. Thank God for the hype as it may actually show everyone what we have accomplished yet also make them open their eyes to how much more needs to be done!

Agreed.

Look, I will usually watch a MNF game regardless of the match up (or the ass-hats announcing the game).

But this game is one that I definitely will not miss. To me, it is one of the many things happening in the region that illustrates what tbimm (and others) have underscored about what this game means. While I have not personally been impacted by Katrina, I do feel a sense of pride (as odd as that seems) for the spirit of the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast (and all those who have come to their aid) who continue to push on in the face of the challenges that have been laid before them.

Edited by Gunther

To most NFL fans its just the Saints, the punching bag of the NFL. But, to be a Saints fan living in the New Orleans area this is life. The people here live/drink/sleep Saints Football. For the longest time we had no other sport until the Hornets came to town. But all of you know Pro Basketball just ain't the same as Pro Football. I honestly beliveve that "true" Saints fans are the best around. I can't count how many losing seasons, but I can use two hand to count winning ones, in almost 40yrs of existance. But our fans stay, and to sell out the Dome with season tickets in one of the smallest markets, how many other teams have done that this year. Its a shame that there are a few folks out there that don't understand the importance of this game. Its one year later where people F'n died in the same building that they are playing a NFL game in Monday. If you could have seen this place after the storm like I have you tone would change.

So GO SAINTS GO, I will stand behind you win or lose...

WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT THEM SAINTS WHO DAT

:D (KFFL) Steve Hummer, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports when the Atlanta Falcons travel to the Superdome to face the New Orleans Saints Monday night, Sept. 25, they will be facing an extremely motivated club who has their tragedy-stricken fans in mind.

"In this Superdome, we should be a football team that should try to go undefeated at home always," Saints DE Charles Grant said. "Every team tries, but for our fans, we should try more so, because of the things they have gone through (with Hurricane Katrina). We're blessed. We should play extra hard not just for ourselves but for this community."

:D (KFFL) Steve Hummer, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports when the Atlanta Falcons travel to the Superdome to face the New Orleans Saints Monday night, Sept. 25, they will be facing an extremely motivated club who has their tragedy-stricken fans in mind.

"In this Superdome, we should be a football team that should try to go undefeated at home always," Saints DE Charles Grant said. "Every team tries, but for our fans, we should try more so, because of the things they have gone through (with Hurricane Katrina). We're blessed. We should play extra hard not just for ourselves but for this community."

I have the Saints picked to cover in the weekly Blitz

I wouldn't say it's the most anticipated game of the season.

Most overhyped, yes. But most anticipated, hardly.

Vet nailed it.

I think most people could care less about this game. They will watch, for the same reason I will: it's NFL in prime time. It's no more anticipated than the Manning Bowl was, as in, the networks will tell you it is but really, nobody cares.

Vet nailed it.

I think most people could care less about this game. They will watch, for the same reason I will: it's NFL in prime time. It's no more anticipated than the Manning Bowl was, as in, the networks will tell you it is but really, nobody cares.

I tend to think you are in the minority in your thinking but I may be wrong. I am only basing this on the reaction from Huddlers which represents a very diverse demographic. Meh what do I know?

To most NFL fans its just the Saints, the punching bag of the NFL. But, to be a Saints fan living in the New Orleans area this is life. The people here live/drink/sleep Saints Football. For the longest time we had no other sport until the Hornets came to town. But all of you know Pro Basketball just ain't the same as Pro Football. I honestly beliveve that "true" Saints fans are the best around. I can't count how many losing seasons, but I can use two hand to count winning ones, in almost 40yrs of existance. But our fans stay, and to sell out the Dome with season tickets in one of the smallest markets, how many other teams have done that this year. Its a shame that there are a few folks out there that don't understand the importance of this game. Its one year later where people F'n died in the same building that they are playing a NFL game in Monday. If you could have seen this place after the storm like I have you tone would change.

I agree with you in that a die Hard Saints fan is amongst the League's best, along with Lions fans.

But don't mistake the tone of indeifference towards the network hype around it for indifference to the human lives lost. Everybody feels that was a horrible tragedy and most people feel that Saints fans are great. But to hint that those of us that don't feel this game is hugely important because of Katrina is lame, because frankly if you really wanted to show respect for the people who died in the Superdome a year ago, you wouldn't be playing football in it.

I agree with you in that a die Hard Saints fan is amongst the League's best, along with Lions fans.

But don't mistake the tone of indeifference towards the network hype around it for indifference to the human lives lost. Everybody feels that was a horrible tragedy and most people feel that Saints fans are great. But to hint that those of us that don't feel this game is hugely important because of Katrina is lame, because frankly if you really wanted to show respect for the people who died in the Superdome a year ago, you wouldn't be playing football in it.

One question. Was the Raider Nation really really hyped up in their first game back in Oakland after their LA exile? If so then multiply that x100 and you get the feeling how it is here. If they weren't then it shows what kind of fans you all really are.

And as for your last statement it doesn't even deserve a comment.

Edited by SLAYER

One question. Was the Raider Nation really really hyped up in their first game back in Oakland after their LA exile? If so then multiply that x100 and you get the feeling how it is here. If they weren't then it shows what kind of fans you all really are.

And as for your last statement it doesn't even deserve a comment.

Sure, RAIDER fans were hyped for it... but why would a fan of the Lions have cared? And that's the whole point, fans of the Saints care but to most others it's just another game. Except what the networks will tell you at least.

As for my last statement, It wasn't offensive, so don't act like it was.

I anticipate this game because it's a symbol of what the residents there(with help) have done. It's more than a game.

Some have said the city shouldn't be rebuilt because it's below sea level. Most of the people didn't choose to be born there. What makes those in Austin Texas or Chicago(for example) better simply because of where they were born?

Go out your front door and imagine 1/2 of your city is suddenly gone, trash, refigerators in trees, bodies of people you knew needed to be picked up. On top of that your goverment leaders lied to you and conyinue to inhibit rebuilding of the city you love.

It's more than a game. Enjoy it or least let the people there enjoy it.