[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Bryant

Savage Beatings

I think Bryant will stay very strong mainly because he is the target in SF. Davis gets some just to keep D's honest, but as long as Smith stays okay Bryant will be a play. Now if I can just get him into my lineup. With Driver, Roy Williams, and A. Johnson as my starters I am finding it tough to get Bryant in there. Plus I am starting Gore over McGahee so having Bryant and Gore starting also makes me wonder a little. But I think Bryant is solid.

in the 1st 2 weeks the Philly secondary has been leaking like a sieve.

even the lowly Texans had some big plays vs. the Eagles. Those big plays didn't all come in slop time either.

Leaking like a sieve? Have you watched any of the Eagles games except for the end of the game last week? The Eagles gave up 171 passing yards to Houston and only 138 passing yards to the Giants in the first three quarters. The whole defense came apart in the 4th quarter so the secondary had a lot more pressure on them.

Edited by ebartender

Plus I am starting Gore over McGahee so having Bryant and Gore starting also makes me wonder a little. But I think Bryant is solid.

I agree with you, its really tough to start 2 guys on the same team. I like to diversify my portfolio, I mean line-up. I wonder how well people did that followed the huddle start list and tried to put in Bulger/Holt/Jackson thinking it would guarantee a win?

I gotta say, Norv you suck as a head coach. but that's ok. Because as an offensive coordinator..you're THE offensive coordinator. i don't understand how someone could be one of, if not the best at something, then get promoted, and suck the high hard one...

Perhaps he has a one track mind or something, or can't walk and chew gum, but as a o-coordinator, he's simply tops. I'm not a niners fan, but I wish I was, just for the joy of watching them actually progress.

He'll be the ONLY reason A. Smith makes it in the NFL.

I have followed Bryant since high school.

He was a Dade County stud. Bonus points.

He was recruited by the ultimate HS scout, Butch Davis, to Miami (FL). Bonus points.

He didn't get in due to grades. Minus points.

He went to Pitt and had the same WR coach as Larry Fitzgerald. Bonus points.

He was drafted by Dallas in the 2nd round of the 2002 draft and had problems with Dave Campo, and Bill Parcells when he took over in 2003. Minus points.

Big picture: I think he had a lot of maturity issues, but recent interviews suggest that he's "grown up."

He still shows signs of impatience on the field, but he really does want the ball.

Leaking like a sieve? Have you watched any of the Eagles games except for the end of the game last week? The Eagles gave up 171 passing yards to Houston and only 138 passing yards to the Giants in the first three quarters. The whole defense came apart in the 4th quarter so the secondary had a lot more pressure on them.

**edit

unfortunately i've had the displeasure of watching both of their first 2 games and their secondary is suspect. if they don't get to the QB first, they're very prone to big plays and a good amount of yardage. i don't know if it's b/c Lito has been out or what but their coverage has been atrocious.

in the first 2 quarters vs. the lowly Texans, they allowed 3 receptions of 20+yds... a 25yds TD to Moulds, a 22yd and 44yd to AJ.

secondaries while playing with a lead will certainly allow the underneath stuff but Philly's collapsed.

good pass D's don't allow those big plays to bad teams when the game is still close... and good pass D's don't allow 6 receptions of 20+yds with most coming with the game well in hand.

**edit #2

Philly is last in FF points allowed to the WR position (they allow the most) according The Huddle Team Position Ranks posted today.

Edited by kingfish247

Started my normal studs at WR - Holt and A Johnson (even thought they both got TDs) ... and left both Cotchery (WW pickup last week) and A Bryant on my bench! :D

Well I started Drive and Wayne over Cotchery and Bryant. I won my game this week but it's going to get tough to figure out who I should play. I will try to trade one of them but I stink at trades and usually can't pull them off.

**edit

unfortunately i've had the displeasure of watching both of their first 2 games and their secondary is suspect. if they don't get to the QB first, they're very prone to big plays and a good amount of yardage. i don't know if it's b/c Lito has been out or what but their coverage has been atrocious.

in the first 2 quarters vs. the lowly Texans, they allowed 3 receptions of 20+yds... a 25yds TD to Moulds, a 22yd and 44yd to AJ.

secondaries while playing with a lead will certainly allow the underneath stuff but Philly's collapsed.

good pass D's don't allow those big plays to bad teams when the game is still close... and good pass D's don't allow 6 receptions of 20+yds with most coming with the game well in hand.

**edit #2

Philly is last in FF points allowed to the WR position (they allow the most) according The Huddle Team Position Ranks posted today.

I still don't see how you can say giving up 138 passing yards in the first game atrocious. So they gave up 3-4 20+yard plays? They only gave up 138 passing yards in the entire game.

Then they held the Giants to under 140 yards passing for the first three quarters.

The only time the Eagles secondary played bad was in the 4th quarter & overtime of the Giants game where they gave up 184 yards. Yeah, that is horrible, but for the most part the Eagles secondary has been solid.

And of course the secondary benefits from pressure from the D-line. So does every secondary. If there is no pressure then the QB has all day to pick apart the secondary.

Also, they were down to a 3rd string CB because of injuries to Sheppard & Hood.

I gotta say, Norv you suck as a head coach. but that's ok. Because as an offensive coordinator..you're THE offensive coordinator. i don't understand how someone could be one of, if not the best at something, then get promoted, and suck the high hard one...

Perhaps he has a one track mind or something, or can't walk and chew gum, but as a o-coordinator, he's simply tops. I'm not a niners fan, but I wish I was, just for the joy of watching them actually progress.

He'll be the ONLY reason A. Smith makes it in the NFL.

+1 :D

Just going from Carthon as OC to Turner as OC is a boost.

He's a solid starter but he's going to have weeks where he doesn't catch that long ball.

Alot of guys we are observing with big numbers are guys who have caught one long pass. Lee Evans, on the other hand, looks like a stinker because his long ball included blatent pass interference. Otherwise that catch is a 50 yard TD.

I think plenty of WRs fall in to this catergory of long ballers and you have to get used to the gamble involved with starting them. That said, Bryant is a good one to roll the dice on.

Pretty much sums it up IMO. If you're hurting for starting WRs, go w/the hot hand and realize that of course he's coming back down to Earth and will disappoint at least now and then, but IMO it's (generally) stupid to start players based on how high you drafted them. If a player is producing, start him.