[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Bryant

Savage Beatings

Antonio Bryant. What do you guys think of this dude? I know he is on a team that will probably not be in playoff contention for a while, but so far this guy has been money (and no, of course I haven't started him yet in the two leagues that I own him).

So, will he keep it up? Is he a bonified stud?

Or is he just getting a couple of lucky games under his belt and will come back down to Earth in the near future here?

I have been impressed with A Smith and his decision making. I've also noticed that when he throws deep, he tends to target bryant. [disclaimer: these are my views from watching a good chunk of both the 49er games. I do not pry apart statistics or utilize excel spread sheets. I pay for that service.]

I should have started him this week instead of using a denver back.

I had Eli and Rudi go off on my team and kept me in the hunt. I'm down by 14 points and the guy i'm playing has Fred Taylor tonight and I have the Jags D. If i would have started Bryant I would have had a chance.

He is a stud so far

I think he's good.....but like ANY team with limited threats...SOMEONE has to get the ball.......right?

What makes it extra nice is Gore out there keeping the defenses honest. But even last year on a LOW scoring offensive team like Chicago.....Mushin was a decent play. I think Antonio will be much better than that.....just saying. :D

Why are guys like Grossman and Antonio Bryant suddenly characterized as "studs" here after having one really good week? Are Bledsoe, David Carr, Michael Turner and Bernard Berrian "studs" now as well? :D

Bryant was a 1,000-yd receiver on a really bad Browns offense last season. That alone should tell you that he has a ton of upside and would make a decent #2 WR.

He's a solid starter but he's going to have weeks where he doesn't catch that long ball.

Alot of guys we are observing with big numbers are guys who have caught one long pass. Lee Evans, on the other hand, looks like a stinker because his long ball included blatent pass interference. Otherwise that catch is a 50 yard TD.

I think plenty of WRs fall in to this catergory of long ballers and you have to get used to the gamble involved with starting them. That said, Bryant is a good one to roll the dice on.

Antonio Bryant. What do you guys think of this dude? I know he is on a team that will probably not be in playoff contention for a while, but so far this guy has been money (and no, of course I haven't started him yet in the two leagues that I own him).

So, will he keep it up? Is he a bonified stud?

Or is he just getting a couple of lucky games under his belt and will come back down to Earth in the near future here?

I started him over Randy Moss this week :D Me so smart.

He's a solid starter but he's going to have weeks where he doesn't catch that long ball.

Alot of guys we are observing with big numbers are guys who have caught one long pass. Lee Evans, on the other hand, looks like a stinker because his long ball included blatent pass interference. Otherwise that catch is a 50 yard TD.

I think plenty of WRs fall in to this catergory of long ballers and you have to get used to the gamble involved with starting them. That said, Bryant is a good one to roll the dice on.

You have to look at the "targeted" number as well as yards and scores. I prefer the high target number versus long baller. Of course, this could just be I took Cocherty over Bryant... :D

Why are guys like Grossman and Antonio Bryant suddenly characterized as "studs" here after having one really good week? Are Bledsoe, David Carr, Michael Turner and Bernard Berrian "studs" now as well? :D

Bryant was a 1,000-yd receiver on a really bad Browns offense last season. That alone should tell you that he has a ton of upside and would make a decent #2 WR.

Bryant and Grossman have had 2 very good weeks. Bryant last week had 114 yds and a 54yd TD nullified due to penalty, meaning he was very close to having 168 yds and a TD in week one. This week he had 131 yds including a 72 yd TD. I'm not ready to officially deem either of these two players studs yet, but there comes a point when you have to realize a player is for real. Bryant has been on the cusp of being a stud since his rookie year. Last year he put up very decent numbers as a #2 on a horrible offensive team. I think he is now for real. Oh yeah, and I drafted him in my big money league as my #3. This league starts 3 wrs and my starters are: Fitz, R. Williams, Bryant :D

Bryant and Grossman have had 2 very good weeks

Grossman had a pretty average Week 1, unless you consider 1 TD against a horrible defense and one stupid INT in the endzone "stud" material.

Bryant last week had 114 yds and a 54yd TD nullified due to penalty, meaning he was very close to having 168 yds and a TD in week one. This week he had 131 yds including a 72 yd TD. I'm not ready to officially deem either of these two players studs yet, but there comes a point when you have to realize a player is for real.

Bryant's one TD and much of his yardage were due to big plays. That's good, but if he continues to amass much of his yardage/scores on the big play (like S. Moss last season), he's going to be inconsistent in terms of fantasy scoring. Bryant had a pretty good season in the horrible Browns offense last season and I really like his upside and I think that he's a definitely a #2 fantasy starter at this point. But I don't consider him a #1 until I see a little more consistency.

I wish I had him in my leagues. He should have even done better game 1 but had a 52yd TD called back on a questionable holding penalty.

During mini camp alot was written on how Bryant and Alex Smith worked out to get on the same page. He is Smith's go to guy, and now that young Vernon Davis is a serious threat underneath Smith has options.

This weekends game against the Eagles will be a true test though.

I'm a former Bryant owner. I drafted him as a rookie way back when, so I had him during the 'lean years.' He's shown flashes over the years but tends to tick off his teammates and coaches along the way. If he can keep his head on straight, this could finally be his year.

I'm a former Bryant owner. I drafted him as a rookie way back when, so I had him during the 'lean years.' He's shown flashes over the years but tends to tick off his teammates and coaches along the way. If he can keep his head on straight, this could finally be his year.

Dilfer had to calm him down on the bench after the badly overthrown pass to him....I can see your point. :D

Grossman had a pretty average Week 1, unless you consider 1 TD against a horrible defense and one stupid INT in the endzone "stud" material.

Ok, my mistake, I thought he had 2 TDs in week one. Really though, I was arguing more in favor of Bryant rather than Grossman. Although Grossman has put up 5 TDs in 2 weeks

I had him picked as a sleeper - Dilfer/Frye in Cleveland are at about the same level as Smith in SF.