[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just throwing this out there after hearing speculation

msaint

1. NE got a #1 pick for Branch.

2. OAK is going nowhere, and needs to build for future, high draft picks help.

3. Randy Moss is not invested in Oakland, and could benefit from a change of scenery as much as OAK could benefit from trading him for a pick/picks and getting his less-than-enthused butt outta there. I think you know where I'm heading here...

Moss to NE for that #1 Branch pick?

Pats have the cap room -- well, cap room, whether it's enough to fit Moss' almost instant trade-killing contract is another story -- and they have the draft pick(s) to package. Whether they need/want a guy like Moss is another story, especially after beating up on Cincy with the likes of Gabriel and a bunch of TEs (well, and some kickarse running back production), but if there's any organization that can take a alleged cancer like Moss and turn him into a remotely solid citizen and tap into his talent, it's NE. It worked for Dillon, and clearly OAK is such a mess that Moss has likely given up.

Just throwing it out there, and I expect to be brutalized for even speculating :D but what the hell...it's only Tuesday.

but i thought the patriots didn't actually NEED nfl-caliber WRs. ya know, because of the "system" and tom brady's magical beans. :D

...and the fact that they run 6-TE sets

I would be completely shocked if NE pulled this. They seem like they only want players that are into the "team" approach vs. the "me" approach. Moss just doesn't fit and I don't think Beleoh poopy would want him on the team.

I'm getting the sense that Belicheck is to WR's as Shanny is to RB's. Like Az says, it's the system, not the players that's important. Besides, the ego closet is already pretty crowded up there in NE. If there wasn't enough room for Branch, there certainly isn't enought room for the likes of Moss.

Edited by billay

I don't see it happening. RMoss does not fit in with the "team philosophy" that NE espouses.

again, though, that's what people said about dillon. and if there's a guy like moss who's coming into the middle/end of his career (8 yrs) and who 1. hasn't won a ring and 2. whose numbers started out amazingly and have declined (and therefore might be thinking about improving his HOF chances/his "legacy" when he hangs em up), he might be more inclined to toe the line and be a good citizen, even if it's just for a year or two.

From what I've heard Moss has matured a lot over the past few years. Unfortunately that only makes him half as mature as a normal person.

It's funny 'cause it's true..... :D

again, though, that's what people said about dillon. and if there's a guy like moss who's coming into the middle/end of his career (8 yrs) and who 1. hasn't won a ring and 2. whose numbers started out amazingly and have declined (and therefore might be thinking about improving his HOF chances/his "legacy" when he hangs em up), he might be more inclined to toe the line and be a good citizen, even if it's just for a year or two.

I don't believe Dillon had a long track record of NOT being a team player. As I recall it was more of an inglorious end to his regime in Cincinnati; ergo a blip on an otherwise good record as a team player.

Randy Moss has a long track record of being an ass full of hisself ... and if you have watched any of the Oakland games doesn't look like he is even trying on the field.

I just don't see NE bringing this type of player in when they could have paid less for a lower profile player that already knew the system and already had a rapport with Brady (Branch).

I don't believe Dillon had a long track record of NOT being a team player. As I recall it was more of an inglorious end to his regime in Cincinnati; ergo a blip on an otherwise good record as a team player.

then your memory is shot. ALL the talking-head-in-makeup TV idiots were talking about dillon being a team cancer, etc. very similar situation to moss, really.

Randy Moss has a long track record of being an ass full of hisself ... and if you have watched any of the Oakland games doesn't look like he is even trying on the field.

I just don't see NE bringing this type of player in when they could have paid less for a lower profile player that already knew the system and already had a rapport with Brady (Branch).

Az13 said what I was oging to: Cincy fans/management HATED Dillon for a long, long time, not just at the end, as he was the proverbial locker room cancer, me-first, stat-padding kind of ego nightmare that Moss is accused of being. I don't disagree with you that Moss isn't the typical "Pats Player" but, again, Dillon certainly wasn't either, but winning has a way of turning a guy around.

Az13 said what I was oging to: Cincy fans/management HATED Dillon for a long, long time, not just at the end, as he was the proverbial locker room cancer, me-first, stat-padding kind of ego nightmare that Moss is accused of being. I don't disagree with you that Moss isn't the typical "Pats Player" but, again, Dillon certainly wasn't either, but winning has a way of turning a guy around.

But the critical element is that Dillon despite his baggage, always played hard. Moss does not, and I can't begin to imagine that Belichick would try to teach that old dog new tricks.

But the critical element is that Dillon despite his baggage, always played hard. Moss does not, and I can't begin to imagine that Belichick would try to teach that old dog new tricks.

Exactly, this is what would worry me about Moss. His work ethic is crap, and he doesn't like to get roughed up.

Arguing who is/was the bigger locker room cancer is like debating whether to gouge your eyes out with a spoon or a fork... either way you lose and can't see the big picture. The aspect of Moss' behavior that absolutely will not be tolerated in NE is the off-field crap. Since the Kraft's took over, New England players DO NOT run over traffic cops, smoke Josh Gordon (or at least admit to it :D ) and all the other lovely stuff Moss has done. Say what you will about the Pats, and love em or hate em, their players are good people.

Come to think of it, maybe the sexyles would like to swing a deal for RandI :D

This whole Moss has a terrible work ethic crap is so overdone. You don't put up the kind of stats Randy has with a terrible work ethic.

Have you really watched him on the field this year? That's all it takes to see the truth. Mama should have named him Jake.