[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alex Smith...

samboy

Whoever started that thread about Charlie Frye last week was dead on. A. Smith is the closest thing I could find this week. This probably has nothing to do with San Fran and everything to do with Oakland... So if I start him, who's coming with me?

I like him against Oakland as well. I have either HIM or Bledsoe, who is battling a division rival. I'm thinking of Mr. Smith as a hopeful sleeper this week. Of course, I'll play Smith and Bledsoe will pass 4x to Glenn and T.O. What's your alternative QB?

i considered starting Smith in MVP, but I just can't bring myself to do it..this should be the one week of all weeks to do it though.

Lets not forget that OAK actually plays pretty good D until it gets out of control then they sit down.

I like him against Oakland as well. I have either HIM or Bledsoe, who is battling a division rival. I'm thinking of Mr. Smith as a hopeful sleeper this week. Of course, I'll play Smith and Bledsoe will pass 4x to Glenn and T.O. What's your alternative QB?

Sorry to butt in, but don't bench Bledsoe :D . I'm guessing you drafted him as your starter. So why bench him? The fact that he IS playing a division rival makes him that much more tasty :D Sure Smith may blow up, but you drafted Bledsoe to start and he's got plenty of reasons to blow up as well.

My QB was Kurt Warner... I since added Leftwich and I still haven't dropped Frye since I picked him up last week. No one in my league saw it coming either. 2 guys on my team were Frye and Furrey. I got an earful of SH-- talk, but in the end, I got the last laugh. :D

I've actually been playing Smith 2 of the past 4 weeks in a flex position and you can bet I'm putting him in this week. He's much better than I thought he was going to be. Just because he laid an egg in KC doesn't mean he's done for the year. He should bounce back nicely.

15th round selection I had to say under my breath is actually looking to be okay.

I have Bledsoe in a number of leagues, and I'm rolling with him. I'm only considering Smith in Sal Cap and MVP type leagues where you dont wanna burn studs.

In the leagues where I had Warner, I grabbed Brad Johnson, who is also a viable MVP and Sal Cap starter going up against DET.

OAK has been playing rather decent DEF in a first half, and it might end up being a close game so I'm not incredibly high on Smith. Not over Brunell or Johnson or even Favre this week. :D

I needed a bye week fill in last week (week 4) and almost picked Alex Smith over Charlie Frye, but settled on Frye. He got me a victory - was actually the 2nd highest scorer on my team.

I believe Alex Smith will bounce back this week, especially against the poor, poor Raiders .

Bledsoe is a good option too, though. He is playing in what should be a very emotional game. And he's only getting started with those weapons he has.

With Vick on a bye, I'm going to roll the dice with Smith in one league and Huard in the other. I figure I'll play the percentages and hope for at least one good game out of the two. :D

Edited by Atlas

I'm not as high on Smith as I was on Frye last week, but if you're in QB jam, starting Smith isn't a bad option. Two things stand out to me here:

1. Smith is playing at home, where his number have been better. Frye was on the road. Plus.

2. Frye has better weapons around him. Minus.

I think DMDs predection of 250 and 2 sounds about right.

Like I stated EARLY in this post, I know Bledsoe has better receivers, but it's just that they're playing Oakland! PHilly IS BANGED UP tho.... I'll be sleepless on Saturday I think. I really need this win (like we all do, right?!)

:D

Now onto my tight end dilemma with Wiggins and WEstbrook starting...

Sorry to butt in, but don't bench Bledsoe :D . I'm guessing you drafted him as your starter. So why bench him? The fact that he IS playing a division rival makes him that much more tasty :D Sure Smith may blow up, but you drafted Bledsoe to start and he's got plenty of reasons to blow up as well.

+1 Philly's secondary is very thin these days. I like Glenn/TO's chances vs. 5'9'', 170 undrafted Johelio Hanson??? Sheppard returned to practice but is still questionable.

oh and Dallas will have likely have tough time running the ball all day as Philly's run D is pretty stout.

I like Alex Smith and the Niners to take out a lot of frustration on the lowly Raiders at home after being embarrassed in KC.

Edited by kingfish247

I have Bledsoe in a number of leagues, and I'm rolling with him. I'm only considering Smith in Sal Cap and MVP type leagues where you dont wanna burn studs.

In the leagues where I had Warner, I grabbed Brad Johnson, who is also a viable MVP and Sal Cap starter going up against DET.

OAK has been playing rather decent DEF in a first half, and it might end up being a close game so I'm not incredibly high on Smith. Not over Brunell or Johnson or even Favre this week. :D

:D