[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction or Draft... They laughed but now you are laughing!

dfv87

Last year I got M Anderson for close to nothing in our auction and rode his 1000+ to the playoffs. This year I drank the Kool Aid on the Det offense and took Roy, Kitna and Jones (over 2 leaugues)and have been happy as of late. But my "steal" has to be Mr Kitna. Nobody bid on him when I threw him out. With many QBs this year coming off injury he has been a solid play for me. Any other Drafted guys for SOD?

Note I am asking about guys in the DRAFT that were picked and laughed at.

L Coles was one I actually laughed at and he turned out ok for that owner. :D

Nobody laughed at me, cause I put together winners. But at my draft, which is both competitive and experienced, we laughed quite a lot at this one guy who had made the playoffs in '05. This year he tried to "do the opposite" and his draft went like this;

(10 team, snake draft)

7th TO

14th R. Moss

27th Shockey

34th Gallaway

47th Palmer

54th Ahman (he cut 2 weeks ago)

67th Duece

After 67th, nobody good

We laughed then, and now, were still laughing (he's in last place). It helps that this guy is the only real A-hole in the league :clap::tup::doh::huh::lol::( When he wins, he talks and talks and talks. When he loses, he crawels under and rock. :D:D:bash:

Auction league with good owners, long standing history and very little turnover:

I paid 8% of salary cap for McNabb, with him being the 10th highest priced QB in the auction.

Guys that went for more:

Peyton 33%

Brady 20%

Delhomme 17%

Eli 17%

Palmer 16%

Warner 15%

Hasselbeck 14%

Culpepper 9%

Bledsoe 8%

I heard about Colston on this site and everyone looked at eachother saying "who". Then came the rattling of magazines. Got him for $1 in our auction league. Nice keeper for me!

Yup. Drafted Colsten in the next to last rd. and got the same reaction from my league mates.

Thanks Rajn. :D

Tonorator laughed at me for taking Kevan Barlow in the 7th round. Although I acted brave in our forum I secretly wept myself to sleep the next few nights because of their mocking and tomfoolery..Now he has the 3rd most rushing Tds in the NFL :D

Edited by whomper

I laughed when people "overpaid" in our draft for McNabb and CHI D (nobody ever pays more than $1-2 for a D and they went for 6 or 7). d'oh.

I also could have paid just an extra buck or 2 for Delhomme but settled for Bledsoe figuring he has Owens and all those other weapons blah blah. double d'oh.

Drafted Rivers as my first QB in the 7th or 8th i think. I was the last team to pick up a starting QB, as I am pretty much every year. I got some flack for that. Some teams had already picked up their backup! I picked Kitna up way too late for people to laugh, but they were all backing their QBs up with the likes of Pennington, Big Ben, Plummer, Delhomme, and Brunell many rounds before that. :D