[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DERRICK MASON!

showtyme5

So what do you guys think? I was sooooooo high on this guy after watching him in the preseason and even drafted him in the 5th round. Needless to say, he hasn't even been starting for me for about 5 or 6 weeks now. Is this the week to take this underachiever off the pine? Does he put up some monster stats against Tennessee????

Clayton makes a better red zone target than Mason, but Mason does seem way overdue to score. You can play the 'he's due to score' game and start him, but his looks are so inconsistent on a weekly basis that I'd have a hard time doing that....

Judging by his use in the offense this year though, 900 yards and 3 TDs is optimistic. #3 WR at best....

Clayton makes a better red zone target than Mason, but Mason does seem way overdue to score. You can play the 'he's due to score' game and start him, but his looks are so inconsistent on a weekly basis that I'd have a hard time doing that....

Judging by his use in the offense this year though, 900 yards and 3 TDs is optimistic. #3 WR at best....

I think he's a solid #4.....when Jennings is healthy, I have him as my 4...

Averaging less than 50 yards a game, has yet to score a TD, what would make you think he's going to "blow up"?

Because of what you just said and he's back at Tenn. They should put up a lot of points and you have to imagine he'll be the recipient of at least one td, no?

Averaging less than 50 yards a game, has yet to score a TD, what would make you think he's going to "blow up"?

this is going to sound lame...but it has happened.....this year...

09/24 @CLE 7 rec. 132 yds.

I think he can have another one of these....

another one of these and a TD somewhere in the middle would please me...since he has done it....once.....he should be due to do this again....

or maybe I am overestimating his and Mcnair's return back to Tennessee.... :D

this is going to sound lame...but it has happened.....this year...

09/24 @CLE 7 rec. 132 yds.

I think he can have another one of these....

another one of these and a TD somewhere in the middle would please me...since he has done it....once.....he should be due to do this again....

or maybe I am overestimating his and Mcnair's return back to Tennessee.... :D

Well, Cleveland's pass defense is significantly better than Tennessee's, so you have a point there. Unfortunately, you have the following going against you:

4/50 @ Tampa

5/46 vs. Oakland

4/37 vs. San Diego

3/45 @ Denver

0/0 vs. Carolina :D

6/67 @ New Orleans

2/20 vs. Cincinnati

Pretty f'ing lame for a #1 WR. Not saying it's impossible, but the odds are clearly not in favor of Mason having a good game.

Well, Cleveland's pass defense is significantly better than Tennessee's, so you have a point there. Unfortunately, you have the following going against you:

4/50 @ Tampa

5/46 vs. Oakland

4/37 vs. San Diego

3/45 @ Denver

0/0 vs. Carolina :D

6/67 @ New Orleans

2/20 vs. Cincinnati

Pretty f'ing lame for a #1 WR. Not saying it's impossible, but the odds are clearly not in favor of Mason having a good game.

I agree. I have been hoping for that big game, but finally gave up.

I dropped Mason about three weeks ago when Eddie Kennison inexplicably became available on waivers. So far, I'm happy with the switch. I do not believe Mason offers any sort of reliability this year. He may have good - or even great - game or two this year, but best of luck guessing when.

But yeah, I liked his preseason, as well. What a gyp.

I'm going to run Mason this week...

I can easily see myself saying on sunday when I see his stat-line about how I could have benhced him this week vs his old team...

if he's ever going to blow up....this is the week...

if you're questionable at #3 WR and have him available, plug him in....if for this week only...you still do it..

I too am starting him this week, I think. My other options at WR3 are Chris Henry, Kennison, and Jenkins. I think playing the Titans and the due-factor will help him have a solid 70 and 1td game against his old team.

Because of what you just said and he's back at Tenn. They should put up a lot of points and you have to imagine he'll be the recipient of at least one td, no?

At least 1 TD?!?!? For just this weekend?? He has 1 TD all year, so if he got 1 TD this week that'd be a miracle.

I too am starting him this week, I think. My other options at WR3 are Chris Henry, Kennison, and Jenkins. I think playing the Titans and the due-factor will help him have a solid 70 and 1td game against his old team.

You're thinking of playing Mason ahead of Henry or Kennison. I wouldn't think that was a good idea. :D

At least 1 TD?!?!? For just this weekend?? He has 1 TD all year, so if he got 1 TD this week that'd be a miracle.

You're thinking of playing Mason ahead of Henry or Kennison. I wouldn't think that was a good idea. :D

Yeah, I'd advise playing Kennison. You know, if this were in the advice forum.

He is the biggest disappointment of the season for me. He seemed prime to be a great little sleeper pick. Back together with McNair, yadda, yadda..:D It's as if the Ravens have forgotten he's there.

I wonder if he thinks he wishes he'd have gone to the Pats after all. :D