[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When you offer aTrade.......

Scorcher

our period is 2 days then it goes away...usually our league sends out tons of trades monday...they get rejected, and the close ones the people call and talk and then they make a for sure trade.

if its past 2 days and there is nothing...i would forgetaboutit

I think it depends on the league and how well you know the guys in that league. For instance, in my original league, I know some guys aren't around to check emails for a while, so I usually give it a week or so for them. In others, I know they should be able to respond to it within a couple days. Typically though, if I don't hear anything within about 3-4 days, I figure they weren't interested. I can't recall ever hearing anything positive regarding a trade after this time period.

This last week in one of my leagues I made three great trades. But at one point, someone had counter-offered one of my trade offers, and I sat on it for about two days while I waited to see if someone else was going to accept a better trade that I had offered. I'm sure the owner that offered me the counter was wondering WTH was up. Eventually I accepted that counter offer. I'm very glad that it wasn't withdrawn.

Sometimes if you can afford to wait, its worthwhile. If I really believe that one of my trade offers is in my favor, then I will usually let it sit out there until the weekend, or until I feel compelled to make some other move that would require withdrawing the offer (a FA pick up).

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.

Charles: Then ask her where you met her.

Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we yumped. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?

Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?

Trent, Sue: Six days.

Pick up the phone and call the guy. That is the best way to spread your propaganda about how the deal will really help them in the long run. That is hard to do using software.

I wait 15 minutes, then go to the next person and try to get a trade.

This is my entire trade strategy!!

It depends. I don't usually count on the league management software or email to notify the other coach. Some guys, particularly those not using a computor all day, do not check email regularly if at all. With most league management systems, you can see when coaches have visited the site. During football season, this may be a good indicator of how oftem they visit the computor.

That said, I will call the other coach and let them know of the offer...sometimes before I put it into the system. I won't call twice however, and once I make other moves which make the trade offer not viable, I revoke it.

I do a day or two. If after that period they haven't bitten, they probably aren't going to. I definitely don't leave it open after I've set my lineup for the week.

One guy in one of my leagues left a trade out there. Any traded play is automatically put on the bench and and the starting position is vacant regardless of where the player that was traded away was at. He didn't know the person accepted the trade so he ended up with a starting lineup missing one position.

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.

Charles: Then ask her where you met her.

Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we yumped. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?

Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?

Trent, Sue: Six days.

I agree with this. It is kind of money.