[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is San Diego the best team in the NFL

Sgt. Ryan

Like last year, I think they would embarass the Colts. Chicago to me is average at best, in the NFC. The Cubs have played a gravey schedule outside of NY tonight, without their 2 best defensive lineman to wreck havoc. Thse 2 alone would change this game, and Im not even saying NY is the best team in the NFC either.

I dont think its a stretch to say, at worst most agree they are the 3rd best team in the NFL. I think they are simply the best, with of course Mr Roid, without him, the Colts could beat them in a shoot out.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like last year, I think they would embarass the Colts. Chicago to me is average at best, in the NFC. The Cubs have played a gravey schedule outside of NY tonight, without their 2 best defensive lineman to wreck havoc. Thse 2 alone would change this game, and Im not even saying NY is the best team in the NFC either.

I dont think its a stretch to say, at worst most agree they are the 3rd best team in the NFL. I think they are simply the best, with of course Mr Roid, without him, the Colts could beat them in a shoot out.

SD is very good! But w/ all the upsets this week, the phrase "Any Given Sunday" has meaning! Chicago avg??? Maybe! Time will tell. Predictions are opinions and nothing more, that's why I don't PREDICT! Let the season play out. Chit, most thought the Bears would have a .500 season at best. Oh well! JMHO!

No.

No.

:D

They first have to get by the Broncos in their division. That'll be a tall order. The result of next Sunday night's game will give some indication as to just how good the Bolts really are!

They first have to get by the Broncos in their division. That'll be a tall order. The result of next Sunday night's game will give some indication as to just how good the Bolts really are!

I actually think they will represent the AFC in the superbowl....

the passing game isn't even running on all cylinders yet....

and I don't even know who will make it out of the NFC..:D

I actually think they will represent the AFC in the superbowl....

the passing game isn't even running on all cylinders yet....

and I don't even know who will make it out of the NFC..:D

SD can't make it to the SB. Do you know who their HC is? Heard of Marty ball? We all know what will happen in the playoffs. He will have SD and Rivers shut down the passing game, run LT 30 times trying to run out the clock, and his team will lose a heart breaker. Same story as always with him, Marty ball will do them in in the end. Then you have Indy. They can't make the SB because Peyton doesn't play in big games, and NO team that allows as many rushing yards as them will win in the playoffs. So that leaves Denver, who I have no confidence in, and NE, which is who I'll pick to go. On paper I like SD but Marty being conservative will cost them as always with Marty.

Edited by giantsfan

Excuse me, but didn't CJ - in the midst of a very mediocre season - just hang 260 yds receiving & 2 TDs on SD? Didn't CIN just hang 545 yds total O on SD also?

I'd say it's a bit early to declare SD the best team in the NFL right now. Let's see what shakes out in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Excuse me, but didn't CJ - in the midst of a very mediocre season - just hang 260 yds receiving & 2 TDs on SD? Didn't CIN just hang 545 yds total O on SD also?

I'd say it's a bit early to declare SD the best team in the NFL right now. Let's see what shakes out in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Is it safe to assume if Mr.Roid was playing, Palmer wouldnt have had the time to make that many throws. Same thing happened last night with the Giants. If Osi and Strahan played, do you think Grossman would have had the game he had.

Lets see them beat Denver before calling them the best team in the AFC West let alone in the NFL. If Carson Palmer dosent fumble the football in the 4th quater I'm really not sure they would have even won that game yesterday, not to mention Henry droping the tying score on the last drive which also could have changed the outcome. In my mind SD still has alot to prove....starting with a win over DEN

+1 Yep, you need an excellent D to win a championship and from that I saw yesterday SD defense still has a way to go.

This season has been great.I cannot see that there is a "best team".A bunch of good teams maybe but all have chinks in the armor.Looking down the road I believe Seattle will be the best team at the end of the season.They are winning now without Hass and SA.Those two should be at full steam and fresh come playoff time.

Is it safe to assume if Mr.Roid was playing, Palmer wouldnt have had the time to make that many throws. Same thing happened last night with the Giants. If Osi and Strahan played, do you think Grossman would have had the game he had.

It might also be logical to say that if Mr. Roid wasn't using roids he might not be the dominant player that he has been to date. Now he'll be tested more frequently, which may cause him not to use illegal means of creating dominant strength, which might in turn affect his play on the field.

Don't underestimate the Marty factor, either.

You might be right - SD might be the best team in the league. I'd say yesterday exposed their secondary badly, and you'll see other teams try to do the same to them. We'll see how they respond in the next few weeks.

+1 Yep, you need an excellent D to win a championship and from that I saw yesterday SD defense still has a way to go.

I agree that the Charger "D" was less than stellar yesterday, but consider that Merriman and Castillo were out and that McCree, Olshansky, and Phillips were coming off injuries and less than 100%.

Chicago to me is average at best, in the NFC. The Cubs have played a gravey schedule outside of NY tonight, without their 2 best defensive lineman to wreck havoc. Thse 2 alone would change this game, and Im not even saying NY is the best team in the NFC either.

Translation: The Bears are a better team than the Cowboys, so I'm going to put them down. And since the Cowboys don't play them during the regular season and likely won't be around to make the trip to Soldier Field in the playoffs, I can mouth off all I want without fear of repercussion.

Translation: The Bears are a better team than the Cowboys, so I'm going to put them down. And since the Cowboys don't play them during the regular season and likely won't be around to make the trip to Soldier Field in the playoffs, I can mouth off all I want without fear of repercussion.

we're not the best until we get everyone back and prove it against the best. but as long as we have Rivers under center and Tomlinson behind him, we're never out of it. i was at the game yesterday and you just knew we'd put points up in the 2nd half. only question was stopping Cinci. that's not to say i thought we'd actually pull it off but it was damn fun watching it live with the Bengal fans.

Considering the injuries to the D and Merriman out, as the O gets better every week, looking unstoppable and the top scoring team in the NFL, you have to put them in the NFL elite. Avoiding further injury set backs, when this team gets healthy and IF it can stay healthy, the D is as good as any in the league, and definately quality enough to make a playoff run. Anyone wanting to beat the Bolts, better do it in the next two games, 'cause after that, the ones should all be back and healthy! There are not many teams that can keep pace with the pressure the Chargers Offense puts on the opposition.

"...still have a lot to prove" is just dumb.

What they proved yesterday is that they can put up 42 in ONE HALF, on the road against and NFL team (unless we are going to call the Bengals the worst team in the NFL as some of you goobers do to every team the Chargers creamate).

Even with a hurting D, they still held Cinn to 13 points in the second half. "IF Palmer didn't fumble". is a very stupid comment. HE DID FUMBLE and it was FORCED by an excellent play. You cannot take that fact away goofball! If Rivers had thrown 5 INTs under the pressure of playing catch-up.... :D

Here is next weeks "yeah but" when the Bolts beat the Broncos by 10 or more.

- If the Plummer didn't throw 82 INTs, the Bolts would have lost.

- If the Bolts didn't have LT, they would be just another team.

- The Broncos had trouble getting fired up for a second division rivalry in a row

- The defense couldn't stop RIvers from passing because they were stacked against the run

Blah F'n blah.

It has been one nay sayer after another this year with you clowns. Always looking for a reason to show they still suck. SORRY, they don't anymore! Get over it! Now the argument is that the only team the Chargers can beat for props is the Broncos? What is the deal with that team and the man love shown for them? Great D, crappy O, barely beating teams they should trounce!?!?

I don't see many teams with the match up problems that Cinn caused a depleated Chager Defense. Even then, they adjusted at halftime and at least slowed them down enough to let the Offense win it!

And by the way, any of you think it was the LT show are on drugs. That game was all about Rivers! If any "first year starter" can take his team all the way, it is him!

The one great fear I have in this whole ride is the Marty Ball factor mentioned above. If there is ANYTHING that can stop this team, that alone is the biggest factor. AJ and Spanos will stop this from happening and Marty needs to know that if he wants tom be employed by this organization next year! :D

The Broncos have match=up problems this week against San Diego and will have to choose their poison, LT or Rivers. At home, I think they try to shut down LT and hope the noise, cold and altitude of home field disrupts the passing game. The only problem with this is that it makes the game longer, and that gives the Bolts more time to do some damage. I would love to see a classic ground war this weekend between the two teams, but can't imagine that will happen! If the Chargers get up by 10 or more, the Broncos will have a hard time keeping up.

Wow, I only asked in another thread if they were the best in the AFC. People can talk about their schedule and who they've played but this season any win is a good win [ask the Colts] and the two Bolts loss' were by a total of six points. In a big game who do you like Plummer or Rivers? I like our chances this weekend.

Q: Are the Chargers the best team in the NFL?

A: NO

Are they really good? Heck yeah. Could they win the Superbowl? That is possible. Have they done anything that says "we are as good as it gets" this year? No.

They do have some time to change this man's opinion of course, and Charger fans have lots of reasons to be optimistic.