[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is San Diego the best team in the NFL

Sgt. Ryan

Q: Are the Chargers the best team in the NFL?

A: NO

Are they really good? Heck yeah. Could they win the Superbowl? That is possible. Have they done anything that says "we are as good as it gets" this year? No.

They do have some time to change this man's opinion of course, and Charger fans have lots of reasons to be optimistic.

As a long time Bolts fan [1st NFL game was between them and the Namath Jets in '68] I would agree with the above. If the Colts can be considered with that hooky run DEF then we certainly should be as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...still have a lot to prove" is just dumb. You cannot take that fact away goofball

CIN lost that game just as much as SD won it. What's dumb is that your a blind homer and can't see that so you resort to name calling instead. Grow up what are you 13 years old or do you just act like it. Palmers fumble and Henrys dropped pass when he was wide open in the end zone were a huge difference in that game. You can call it a good play all you want but NFL players get paid to hold onto the football and Palmer didn't…end of story.

Oh and since you obviously don’t know this, I’ll let you in on a little secret...to be the best team in the NFL, you have to win a super bowl. Talk to me in January.

Edited by Tally

CIN lost that game just as much as SD won it. What's dumb is that your a blind homer and can't see that so you resort to name calling instead. Grow up what are you 13 years old or do you just act like it. Palmers fumble and Henrys dropped pass when he was wide open in the end zone were a huge difference in that game. You can call it a good play all you want but NFL players get paid to hold onto the football and Palmer didn't…end of story.

Oh and since you obviously don’t know this, I’ll let you in on a little secret...to be the best team in the NFL, you have to win a super bowl. Talk to me in January.

WHOAAAA! Sorry I called you a "goofball", that is what us 13 year olds do to dee-dee-dees (that better?) Hope I didn't sprain your va-jay-jay!

Players ALSO are paid to FORCE turnovers and recover fumbles... and the story continues :D ! You make it sound like there is no credit for defensive success and that only offensive players fail or succeed!?!? What, are teams just miraculously having bad offensive games every week against the Broncos and Ravens? :bash:

No place in my post do I claim they are the best, just one of them. Your argument makes either the Bengals the worst team in the NFL for giving up 42 IN THE SECOND HALF.... :D , BUT WAIT, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE OFFENSE, RIGHT? You said it. The Chargers players were paid to WIN that game, scored 42 points in the SECOND HALF on the road with a first year starter. Not only that, but they allowed only 13 points in the second half to a team they matched up poorly with WITHOUT their injuries!

You don't have to be a "blind homer" to see that this was one of the great comeback wins ever. If you watched it, you were lucky to witness it,independent of who you "home" for (unless you are a Bengal fan and can't handle the truth on too many levels).

Now, explain to me like I'm a three year old, how did the Bengals lose that game. I'll give you the drop (actually TWO big drops, but who's counting) but will NOT back off of the fumble, good defensive play, period!

Dropping balls is part of the game, and the Bengals, in the end, just got outplayed!

Q: Are the Chargers the best team in the NFL?

A: NO

Are they really good? Heck yeah. Could they win the Superbowl? That is possible. Have they done anything that says "we are as good as it gets" this year? No.

They do have some time to change this man's opinion of course, and Charger fans have lots of reasons to be optimistic.

+1

We've still got a ways to go in the football season so anything can happen. While I see the Chargers as a great team to possibly enter the playoffs, I can't say one way or another how far they will get.

As we saw last season, the playoffs are a whole different game. It's completely up in the air what will happen when playoffs roll around. But watching the Chargers play these last few games (against the defenseless Rams and Browns, and an extremely close win against the Bengals) I'd say they are at least on track to make a solid playoff run. That's about it.

Thanks. :D

:D

They first have to get by the Broncos in their division. That'll be a tall order. The result of next Sunday night's game will give some indication as to just how good the Bolts really are!

Done.

Chargers are the first team in NFL history to come back from 17+ points in consecutive games to win and on the road to boot. I'm in awe of that and the fact that the NFL even keeps those kinds of stats!

Like I said, they are the best team in the NFL. Though Im pretty impressed with my Cowboys right now, and would love to see them play Chicago. They would punk grossman, and light up that defense like Carolina did in the playoffs last yr. I hope so badly Dallas gets Chicago in the post season.

Also being a longtime SD fan and ticket holder for the last 14 years, I am always skeptical with the Bolts.

Too many times the sun has been shining only to be knocked out of the sky by bad decisions. Rivers is doing very well, as is the rest of the team. If they weren't, they would not be winning.

Will they go all the way... For me, I hope so... But we will all find that out in the post season. Right now, Bolts fans need to take it week by week and not look to far in advance..

When it happens, we can all say they are the best for this season. But to call it now, would be premature.

Good Luck Bolts.. :D

By the way, that was a GREAT win against Denver!!!!

Edited by jmbstudios

SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS 2007 NFL CHAMPIONS

none of you thought that the Steelers could do it last year.

this year we are seeing that PIT isn't as good as the run they were on.

no one can stop LT...wait til they get the steroidian back on D.

they are in the zone right now and I can see them take it the distance. :D

it would actually be nice to see. i am not a charger fan but they have a good team.

since my team blows, :D i say let's go CHARGERS!!!

that and Kendra like 'em too! :bash:

SD has an excellent shot of winning the AFC this year, partially because the Colts have struggled big-time against their defense over the past couple of years. I could easily see them upsetting Indy at home.

Also agreed that Baltimore is flying under the radar. They can be a dangerous team, but I'm not convinced that they're any better than DEN or NE.

As impressive as the come from behind wins are, they may not want to get into those situations anymore, especially come January. But Chargers fans have reason for optimism no bout adoubt it...

Yeah, you can only get behind 17+ points in a game so many times before it begins to bite you in the ass. I'd go for a dominating lead-all-the-way victory any time now!! :D

Before Mr roid was suspended the Bolts didnt give up leads like this. He alone caused havoc to disrupt things. Now the Bolts offense know they can come back from any lead, and their defense will actually keep them in games when Merriman returns.

BTW, what a difference a week makes, last week no one agreed, and now there are some wising up. :D

Right now, Bolts fans need to take it week by week and not look to far in advance..

SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS 2007 NFL CHAMPIONS

:D I'd be excited right now if I were a Charger fan also. The only percieved weakness might be an inexperienced QB, but he is sure playing heady ball. If they can keep the defensive unit together and Marty continues to coach semi-aggressively it seems like San Diego may have a great 2-4 year run.