[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is San Diego the best team in the NFL

Sgt. Ryan

:D I'd be excited right now if I were a Charger fan also. The only percieved weakness might be an inexperienced QB, but he is sure playing heady ball. If they can keep the defensive unit together and Marty continues to coach semi-aggressively it seems like San Diego may have a great 2-4 year run.

:bash: Except that Royal88s is a Texans fan :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alright boys, Indy and the Bolts are both 10-2. Who's the best right now? In the clutch, I'll take LT over Manning.

Indy's loss having come at the hands of the Titans says SD. I also say SD. That's 2-0. You just can't argue with the facts.

Seriously though, with roid boy back, SD's D would be able to slow down Indy, while Indy can do nothing to stop LT. If Marty doesn't go conservative on us in the playoffs, victory shall be ours.

Yes :D

I will say it now. The best team, at this time in the NFL. Though 3 of 4 are at home, They still have to play KC and Denver back-to-back and then Seattle on the road... a very tough three game stretch! KC is desperate and Denver will be looking for revenge and Seattle is in the hunt as well. Coming home to Arizona could be a trap game as well depending on how tough the next three games are! It is still not a done deal and I hope the team keeps the one-game-at-a-time mentality.

The game yesterday in Buffalo was not as close as the score indicated, but you have to admire the scrappiness of the Bills and how they took advantage of the turnover deep and the great special teams plays giving two short firld ops. The Chargers almost mailed it in in the second half, but were able to get the Mo back and then kill the game with a 4th quarter, 80 yard, 8 minute drive to put the game out of reach. This was the one thing that has been missing, and they showed themselves they can put it away when they have to, especially on the road. The last Bills TD was one of those "prevent D" thingys that pisses us all off :D

Team will be MUCH healthier against the Broncos this week AT HOME.

The team that scares me the most in the Playoffs (optimistically looking ahead) is the Pats. Their coaching staff and playoff experience are not to be overlooked! The Colts just do not and have not matched up well against the Chargers.

I think with Merriman back, SD is the best team in the league.

Chicago and Indy and hit and miss. A few weeks ago I would have tried to make a case for Denver, but they suck. :D

Baltimore is kind of a dark horse. They have looked very good at times, but are still too inconsistent on offense - the BB era notwithstanding.

I'm not riding the Dallas train. They should have thumped NY, but didn't do it. Romo looked human against a beat-up defense. If TO drops many more balls, Seattle and Minnesota might be calling him. He'd fit right in on those teams.

I think you have to mention the Saints here, too. They've been very impressive at times. If they get Colston back for the final stretch, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

The Chargers are the talk-of-the-town in the San Diego sports scene (followed by bickering about lack of activity by the Padres in the free agent market and questionable trades, and our Aztecs college basketball team). The Chargers are definitely having a "special" season thus far where things are falling into place and the team is playing well. They're overcoming injuries, suspensions, and off-field problems and finding ways to win. That being said, things can change in a heartbeat and the minute you get too high on the hog, you get knocked down. I think the Chargers have all the ingredients to go all the way and have some of the best talent and depth on both sides of the ball. Only time will tell whether that's good enough to get it done this year. We've been shot down before. I thought for years we were going to win the Super Bowl at least once during the Air Coryell days (esp. the year the Chargers annhilated both the Steelers and Rams in the regular season, only to watch those teams paired up in the Super Bowl). I hope the Chargers can pull it off this year.

Psuedo:

You ever notice that when the Bolts have Stadium issues, they seem to have a good or Superbowl run? :D

Do you smell NFL conspiracy? :D

:bash:

Psuedo:

You ever notice that when the Bolts have Stadium issues, they seem to have a good or Superbowl run? :D

Do you smell NFL conspiracy? :D

:bash:

Yeah, you're right on McBoog. The Chargers improbable Super Bowl run in '94 was the springboard for getting approval for stadium rennovations, the sponsorship $$ from Qualcomm, etc.. I sure hope the momentum from this season results in positive movement toward a new stadium and keeping the Bolts in town.

Yeah, you're right on McBoog. The Chargers improbable Super Bowl run in '94 was the springboard for getting approval for stadium rennovations, the sponsorship $$ from Qualcomm, etc.. I sure hope the momentum from this season results in positive movement toward a new stadium and keeping the Bolts in town.

I'm with both of you. We need to keep the Chargers in San Diego county!!

11-2 boys. On a day both NE and Indy were embarrassed. The Colts are going nowhere playing that run DE. Interested to see what the Bears and 'boys show later. Merriman makes SD so much better.

• 3 weeks later...

14-2. Best record in the league. The two road loss' by a combined total of 6 points. Now they can play the rest of the schedule @ home [where they've been perfect] or on a neutral site. 10 game win streak. I like our chances.

14-2. Best record in the league. The two road loss' by a combined total of 6 points. Now they can play the rest of the schedule @ home [where they've been perfect] or on a neutral site. 10 game win streak. I like our chances.

I am actually a little concerned by the play of the O-line the last two weeks. Giving up that type of pressure is NOT going to cut it. Especially if the Ravens come to town. Rivers performance in Seattle was as much the pressure as anything else. Now yesterday against the Cards????

Sure, the Chargers were banged up in the D-line, but 400 yards, against the Cards? I know they played many of their back-ups from the middle of the third on as well as a burn the clock offense and defense to shorten the game, but I was not very inpressed by a lot of things I saw yesterday. :D

Not to throw a damper on things, I am excited :bash: of course, I think they have the edge over the rest of the teams with HFA. I really think they need this week off to get healthy again and clear the minds. At least Rivers nutted up and showed how physically tough he is to go along with the mental toughness :D

Edited by McBoog

I just don't think that anyone in the NFC right now is at the San Diego/Baltimore level. Maybe New Orleans? :D

That makes more sense. I just get tired of the argument claiming many NFC teams will never play at the level of AFC teams. New Orleans is for real. They have a great chance of making it to the Super Bowl -- and winning. Chicago doesn't have the QB, but previous SB winners that were a dominant defensive team have already proven they don't need the best QB to win it all. Chicago's defense is amazing. The Seahawks, while they have been inconsistent, have shown periods of last years power-house team. If they can show up to the playoffs and contend like they did last year, then something tells me they could be better than any of the AFC teams. Better than Baltimore (who I believe are hyped), and possibly -- slightly -- better than the Chargers. The only reason I say the Chargers might not go all the way to win the Super Bowl is due to their inexperienced QB. However they also, like Chicago, have a dominant defense to rely on in the clutch situations.

This year could be an interesting one for the playoffs. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the Jets, Ravens, or Eagles that make it the Super Bowl... 'cause that would suck IMO.