[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When is enough enough with Plummer

giantsfan

:D

I am so sick and tired of watching that pathetic Denver offense. They can't run the ball. They can't pass block. They can't catch. I know it's a short week, but jeez. Honestly, I think that whole zone blocking scheme they use is now outdated and doesn't work anymore. It seems like maybe they can use it effectivly against some teams, but the teams that have good inside tackles just blow up the whole line and the running game goes nowhere.

I say they scrap the entire O-line, along with the O-line coach and his playbook. Get some big guys in there who can pass block for a change.

Plummer aint that great, but it would be nice to see what he could do with some time to throw the ball. Oh well, BRING ON THE ROOKIE!!!

:D

I am so sick and tired of watching that pathetic Denver offense. They can't run the ball. They can't pass block. They can't catch. I know it's a short week, but jeez. Honestly, I think that whole zone blocking scheme they use is now outdated and doesn't work anymore. It seems like maybe they can use it effectivly against some teams, but the teams that have good inside tackles just blow up the whole line and the running game goes nowhere.

I say they scrap the entire O-line, along with the O-line coach and his playbook. Get some big guys in there who can pass block for a change.

Plummer aint that great, but it would be nice to see what he could do with some time to throw the ball. Oh well, BRING ON THE ROOKIE!!!

A bit extreme no?

Tied with KC for 5th in the AFC and heading downward quickly to me means Jake has to be pulled. Early in the year they won DESPITE Jake not because of him. He needs to be pulled. Good thing for Denver is their schedule is not that bad. Sea at home (they are awful on the road), at SD, at Zona, Cincy, and SF. So they should have 2 for sure wins, and get at least one of the other 3 which gives them 10. And 11 is possible because it will be difficult for either Sea or Cincy to win in Den IMO. So minimum 10. I'd start Cutler next week vs Sea and see what the kid has. It is clear Plummer stinks. He makes dumb play after dumb play. Time to move on.

Edited by giantsfan

talk about a serious dud of a performance.

while it wasn't the deciding factor of the game... Plummer's pick on the first drive set the tone for the game.

it was like tipping the first domino that led to all the problems for the remainder of the game.

3-3 vs. teams with a winning record (2-2 at home vs. winning teams) that O, starting with inconsistent play at QB, is making Denver look awfully mediocre.

awful :D

I'm glad DEN lost if for no other reason than the boneheaded "but they're winning why bench him" dribble will diminish.

No it shouldn't diminish...it should disappear. They are no longer winning. They have lost 2 in a row and 3 of 5. And now they are tied for 5th/6th with KC and maybe Jax as well if they win in Buff Sunday. Don't know the tiebreakers but they may be out as of Sunday if Jax wins. Either way they are tied for the last spot.

:D Just thought I'd make it clear since it's been stated 3 times in this thread that the CHIEFS and Donks are tied....they aint tied....the chiefs are a game up due to division record :bash::D

If teams are playing you to beat the zone blocking, you should be able to throw from the pocket and beat the crap out of them.

That ain't working, and I know why.

The Broncos are playing not to lose with Plummer in there, and as is usually the case when you play not to lose, they're losing. I think starting Cutler is the right move, but only if Shanny lets him play to win. The way that offense is wasting talent, especially Javon Walker's, is criminal.

By the way, if you need help at TE, you might want to take a chance on Tony Scheffler. He was Cutler's favorite receiver during the preseason.

Edited by tomfin2000

:D Just thought I'd make it clear since it's been stated 3 times in this thread that the CHIEFS and Donks are tied....they aint tied....the chiefs are a game up due to division record :clap::D

Your not done yet! You still play SD at SD. (of course so does Denver :bash: )

The Broncos are playing not to lose with Plummer in there, and as is usually the case when you play not to lose, they're losing. I think starting Cutler is the right move, but only if Shanny lets him play to win. The way that offense is wasting talent, especially Javon Walker's, is criminal.

By the way, if you need help at TE, you might want to take a chance on Tony Scheffler. He was Cutler's favorite receiver during the preseason.

Except that he's been inactive for the past 3 weeks. I have no idea why, but I guess he just doesn't know the offense.

November 26, 2006, 05:50

Broncos :: QB

QB Cutler In, QB Plummer #2, Per Sources

Mike Klis, Denver Post -

Denver Post staff writer Mike Klis reported today that Broncos HC Mike Shanahan entered the weekend planning to start rookie QB Jay Cutler and replace QB Jake Plummer as the team’s starting quarterback for its next game. Citing "sources close to the situation," Klis reported: "The plan is to make the change permanent. Plummer is expected to finish out the season as No. 2 quarterback for the first time in his 10-year NFL career."

They are really impressed with his throws. I hope so too.

Could he have a Billy Volek-like run down the stretch?

13 - SEA

14 - @ SD

15 - @ ARI

16 - CINCY

Only real tough matchup is SD...