[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys K Mike Vanderjadt released

Sgt. Ryan

Not coming to Vanderjerk's defense, but after looking at the stats he's nowhere near the worst kicker in the league. Rackers is 16 for 23 :D & Mare is 17 for 26 :D

Vanderchoke is a pretty accurate kicker when the game isn't on the line. But when you need him to make a big field goal in the playoffs, forget it.

How is Gramatica on kickoffs?

I have to wonder why Suisam wasn't re-signed. Gramatica has been awful the latter part of his career in FG%. Suisam could probably do just as well AND give you touchbacks on kickoffs.

On a side note, I wonder what this will do as far as future signings. The Cowboys did well for years developing their own kickers cheap. But the kicking coach who did that is gone, and now they got snake-bit by a pricey kicker. Not so sure JJ will be willing to pony up the big $$ again for an established kicker...

Saving money is the only good reason to make this move?

Vanderjagt had a bad attitude and could not back it up with performance. He has been in Bill's dog house since day 1. He was paid a pretty sum of money to come in and be a good kicker that could be relied on. He showed up with a poor attitude and is inconsistent on the field. In addition he has openly proclaimed that he is not a practice/pre-season player, something Big Bill can't abide.

So not only is he NOT adding value to your team his attitude is a negative.

So why not remove this negative from the team and save money at the same time.

Having said that I'm still not sure why you would continue to pay top dollar for a mediocre player when you can have a mediocre player for league minimum ... the only reason I can think of is if you believe that player will rebound. Maybe Grammatica will be hungry where Vanderjagt was complacent and maybe that will make a difference.

Vanderjagt had a bad attitude and could not back it up with performance. He has been in Bill's dog house since day 1. He was paid a pretty sum of money to come in and be a good kicker that could be relied on. He showed up with a poor attitude and is inconsistent on the field.

Vanderchoke's attitude really grated on Colts fans. The dude has a mouth the size of Montana and is apparently incapable of shutting it when the media is around. Combine that with the fact that he's missed a ton of game-tying or game-winning kicks over the years and he's worthless. I'm surprised that Dallas signed him in the first place.... then again, we're talking about Jerry Jones, so maybe I'm not so surprised. :D

Not coming to Vanderjerk's defense, but after looking at the stats he's nowhere near the worst kicker in the league. Rackers is 16 for 23 :D & Mare is 17 for 26 :D

Rackers has been perfect inside the 40 (10 times) and has missed 3 40-49 yards and 4 50+ yards. Mare is similar but has missed 2 30-39 yards, 2 40-49 yards, and 5 50+ yards. Both players also play for teams that have been struggling to get ANY points and had to take the chances at the 50+ yard field goals. Yes a missed FG is a missed FG, but if you take away the 50+ attempts both Rackers and Mare look much better then Vanderjerk. In the 4 leagues I play in, Vanderjerk either comes in 3rd when compared with Rackers and Mare, or is tied at 2nd. The fact that he can't make a FG when it really counts is just icing on the cake and makes me even more glad Indy didn't resign him.

I think the kiss of death was the 22 yard field goal he BARELY made. All his kicks have been going to the right and he still hasn't corrected the issue. Can't wait to see if/when he corrects that problem at this critical juncture of the schedule.

Vanderjagt had a bad attitude and could not back it up with performance. He has been in Bill's dog house since day 1. He was paid a pretty sum of money to come in and be a good kicker that could be relied on. He showed up with a poor attitude and is inconsistent on the field. In addition he has openly proclaimed that he is not a practice/pre-season player, something Big Bill can't abide.

So not only is he NOT adding value to your team his attitude is a negative.

So why not remove this negative from the team and save money at the same time.

Having said that I'm still not sure why you would continue to pay top dollar for a mediocre player when you can have a mediocre player for league minimum ... the only reason I can think of is if you believe that player will rebound. Maybe Grammatica will be hungry where Vanderjagt was complacent and maybe that will make a difference.

Call me superstitious but I'm not the kind of guy that changes sweaters on the turn if I just shot a great front side. Even if it had a hole in it!

Edited by Rockerbraves

The Dallas Morning News reports practices this week have been encouraging about new PK Martin Gramatica, who only arrived in Dallas for his Monday workout.

Evidently, Gramatica has been perfect his first two days kicking with the team, and seems to have the necessary pop back in his leg.

Rackers has been perfect inside the 40 (10 times) and has missed 3 40-49 yards and 4 50+ yards. Mare is similar but has missed 2 30-39 yards, 2 40-49 yards, and 5 50+ yards. Both players also play for teams that have been struggling to get ANY points and had to take the chances at the 50+ yard field goals. Yes a missed FG is a missed FG, but if you take away the 50+ attempts both Rackers and Mare look much better then Vanderjerk. In the 4 leagues I play in, Vanderjerk either comes in 3rd when compared with Rackers and Mare, or is tied at 2nd. The fact that he can't make a FG when it really counts is just icing on the cake and makes me even more glad Indy didn't resign him.

I realize that their misses were mostly long ones. My point was mainly to bring attention to the fact that when comparing him ot other kickers in the league that he's definately not the worst. But as a side note, while looking at the stats, I noticed Rackers' & Mare's numbers and a bit surprised considering how well they've kicked in the past. I should have been more clear on that.

Regardless, even though it does appear Vandy is in a slump, there are a lot of teams who would love to have him. He should be able to correct whatever is ailing him(other than the stupidity of course) and get back to being one of the most accurate kickers in the game. I can certainly understand why Dallas cut him because they really need to be confident in their kicking game if they hope to continue their run for the playoffs. Not to mention he's a dumbass.

Call me superstitious but I'm not the kind of guy that changes sweaters on the turn if I just shot a great front side. Even if it had a hole in it!

13 out of 18 and the ones that are making it are just barely making them, coming close to the right cross bar

+

Piss poor attitude

+

Has a tendancy to miss the clutch FG

That doesn't look like a great front side to me.