[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grey's Anatomy vs. Thursday Night Football

PaulOttCarruth

Should be an interesting conversation tonight at dinner when I mention to the wife that there's a game. I'm plotting to gain control of the big-screen tonight . . . the only TV with the NFL Network . . . and stick my wife on the 19-inch with rabbit ears.

Better make sure my lawyer's on speed dial. :D

I got a flyer in the mail about direct tv. I say, "look honey, we get many more channels + local channels and it would be cheaper! We'd get channel X, channel Y, NFL Network, and channel XYZ."

She says, "I know you're talking about the NFL Network Channel. I wasn't born yesterday."

:D

I purchased the 65 inch HDTV and direct TV and the Sunday ticket and superfan to have all the bells and whistles.It was quite an expense so my wife realizes it was an investment so she gladly goes to the bedroom to watch her shows.Yes I got a receiver in the bedroom so she does not mind.

Your wife won't give you precedence for a NFL game - especially one that could be very interesting - on a late season Thursday night?

Regain possession of your testicles from the jar in the freezer & dump her now!

Wow. No-brainer.

Oh, there was no question I would win. The only question was whether I would be sleeping on the couch.

what about the office :D

This is the problem we have in our household. We have a Dish dual tuner DVR, but it will be recording The Office as well as Survivor from 8:30-9 Sacrificing 1/2 hour of a game that I don't have anything significant happening in is worth saving the marriage.

Should be an interesting conversation tonight at dinner when I mention to the wife that there's a game. I'm plotting to gain control of the big-screen tonight . . . the only TV with the NFL Network . . . and stick my wife on the 19-inch with rabbit ears.

Better make sure my lawyer's on speed dial. :D

Stick her ON the rabbit ears :D

Ahh yes, but you can't record two shows (say Survivor and Office) and watch a third (game).

Name sumting better! :D

There's only a one-two minute overlap! Ohhhhh......so I can't watch the game for a minute???? :D

Get real! :bash:

Name sumting better! :D

There's only a one-two minute overlap! Ohhhhh......so I can't watch the game for a minute???? :D

Get real! :bash:

No, Survivors on 8-9, Office 830-900. There's 30 minutes between 830 and 900 where both tuners are occupied recording two shows. You have to watch one or the other, can't tune in a third show during that 30 minutes.

Not a big deal, just a case of wanting more.

No, Survivors on 8-9, Office 830-900. There's 30 minutes between 830 and 900 where both tuners are occupied recording two shows. You have to watch one or the other, can't tune in a third show during that 30 minutes.

I never mentioned Survivors or Office. The subject was Greys and I added ER. 1 minute overlap! Nuff said!

I never mentioned Survivors or Office. The subject was Greys and I added ER. 1 minute overlap! Nuff said! Plus I CAN watch a third show, off basic cable! What's your problem, Man? :D