[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another game for you all

cliaz

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to 78.

Have a new idea.

And it is?

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get the towers right in the path and how many of those greenies do you have stacked there?

i detailed how to get them right on top of the entry path in this post. i put two green towers there at the beginning, and fully upgraded them one by one. then when i had enough money i put one entry-level flower tower pointing down the final stretch into the castle. after that, don't build or buy ANYTHING until you have 20,000 to do the two upgrades to the ultimate tower. once you get to the late 50s and 60s, those 3 towers have a very hard time fending them off. you will start losing citizens. i was down to only one citizen left when i finally got the 20,000....then i quickly did the 2 upgrades, and that single tower can hold them off for 30 more levels.

i kept getting close to the 20,000 using that exact strategy, so i kept trying. but it takes getting a little lucky to get to 20,000 before all your guys are dead. but, obviously, it CAN be done.

if i was smart, i wouldn't have built all the extra greens you see in the screen....i woulda saved every cent toward a second ultimate ttowwerr, and mighta got it up just in time for it to carry me into the 100s.

104, hell yeah. except when you pass 100, it tells you your score was 10 :D

i think i figured something else out. you seem to get a lot more money when you DON'T use the space bar to skip to the next level. i've had a lot more luck building up money when i get those two green towers up then leave the game and come back 15 minutes later. the game i just played, i was only on level 61 (with all 10 citizens left) when i had the 20,000 to upgrade.

OK, so here's the current plan I'm working on. I copped Az's strategy of placing green towers right above where the dots enter and it certainly works well. Though I found that putting a third one up before building a flower tower got me to a fully upgraded flower sooner because I was able to score points faster.

The other thing I didn't understand about Az's screen shots is why he bothered to put the flower tower at the end of the line rather than up near the front. It sits there useless for a long time rather than helping knock the dots out early and building up money faster.

So that's where I'm at right now. Three fully upgraded green towers above the track and one fully upgraded flower near the beginning but positioned so that it can also hit them on the way back up if needed. I did have to build a green tower later in the track to take care of stray dots in the beginning but never built it past $40.

We'll see how far I get...

OK, so here's the current plan I'm working on. I copped Az's strategy of placing green towers right above where the dots enter and it certainly works well. Though I found that putting a third one up before building a flower tower got me to a fully upgraded flower sooner because I was able to score points faster.

The other thing I didn't understand about Az's screen shots is why he bothered to put the flower tower at the end of the line rather than up near the front. It sits there useless for a long time rather than helping knock the dots out early and building up money faster.

So that's where I'm at right now. Three fully upgraded green towers above the track and one fully upgraded flower near the beginning but positioned so that it can also hit them on the way back up if needed. I did have to build a green tower later in the track to take care of stray dots in the beginning but never built it past $40.

Not very, it turns out. I was a few grand short of fully upgrading my 2nd flower tower but had to add another green at the top to fend off the dots to get that far. Only made it to 87

i've toyed around a bit with the locations of the flower tower, and for whatever reason, that location where i have it, pointing down the last leg of the path, is by far the most effective.

For what it's worth, I've managed to develop the Tower Defense Workout. If you are doing this at home, bring a medicine ball and some dumbells into your office. Assuming you subscribe to the Az school that hitting space bar lessens the amount of points you get, bust out some push-ups, sit-ups, curls, etc while you're waiting for the next time you've got enough $$ to upgrade. By the end of 80 or so rounds, you get a pretty good workout in.

OK, I need help. I need help really badly. :D:D:bash:

i detailed how to get them right on top of the entry path in this post. i put two green towers there at the beginning, and fully upgraded them one by one. then when i had enough money i put one entry-level flower tower pointing down the final stretch into the castle. after that, don't build or buy ANYTHING until you have 20,000 to do the two upgrades to the ultimate tower. once you get to the late 50s and 60s, those 3 towers have a very hard time fending them off. you will start losing citizens. i was down to only one citizen left when i finally got the 20,000....then i quickly did the 2 upgrades, and that single tower can hold them off for 30 more levels.

i kept getting close to the 20,000 using that exact strategy, so i kept trying. but it takes getting a little lucky to get to 20,000 before all your guys are dead. but, obviously, it CAN be done.

if i was smart, i wouldn't have built all the extra greens you see in the screen....i woulda saved every cent toward a second ultimate ttowwerr, and mighta got it up just in time for it to carry me into the 100s.

I still cant figure out how to raise the screen so I can try this strategy...