[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am LIVID!

darin3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I was thinking that the first construction would then lead to 2 more, one going from SD to LA to SF to POR, to SEA, and then another from BOS to NY to PHI, to WAS, to ATL, ORL, and MIA.

We're getting ahead of ourselved. Phase one is LA to Vegas to carry drunkards, nuclear waste, and cargo. Then we expand from there eastward.

I'm just waiting on Spain's check. :D

Darin,

It takes a lot of hoop jumping, but you can likely get reimbursed for your camera by TSA. Something very similar happened to me. My wife's sister-in-law actually works for TSA and put me onto their claims department. It took a few months, but I'm expecting a full reimbursement check for our camera any day.

TSA Claims Office

Darin,

It takes a lot of hoop jumping, but you can likely get reimbursed for your camera by TSA. Something very similar happened to me. My wife's sister-in-law actually works for TSA and put me onto their claims department. It took a few months, but I'm expecting a full reimbursement check for our camera any day.

TSA Claims Office

I sent a web-based email to TSA yesterday, but it was pretty generic and basically accused them of hiring criminals. At that point in time, I was PO'ed and had just sent a rather scathing email to Delta.

The sheriff's office at my local airport was no help. Submitted an email to my originating airport, and am in the process of printing the forms from TSA's Claim Office.

:D Thanks for the link. Hope it works out for both of us.

• 1 month later...

I sent a web-based email to TSA yesterday, but it was pretty generic and basically accused them of hiring criminals. At that point in time, I was PO'ed and had just sent a rather scathing email to Delta.

The sheriff's office at my local airport was no help. Submitted an email to my originating airport, and am in the process of printing the forms from TSA's Claim Office.

:D Thanks for the link. Hope it works out for both of us.

Welp, so much for that. After providing ALL the information they wanted... and after nearly 3 months of BS, they straight-up denied my claim without any reason but "it was not a result of negligence or wrongful act of the TSA". Bull. Chit.

Fortunately, though, Delta is sending me a $200 travel voucher because of the inconvenience (on top of the camera loss, their in-flight movie screwed me over too). So, net loss = $150 and a whole lot of frustration.

I emailed the TSA claims officer (a prick) and told him I was quite disappointed and it was a pretty damn sad statement that our government can hire criminals and allow them to steal with no consequence. This is the government agency that's supposed to keep us safe from terrorists but they can't even hire someone that won't rip off a camera from a bag? I wonder how much more crap has been stolen from my bags that I haven't noticed. I bet it's more than just this camera. What a crock of crap. Right now, I do not <3 the USA.

:bash::D

The TSA should take these matters seriously, because if they can take something out,they can put something in! Bombs???

Get the TSA approved locks. They are legal, and you can probably keep the handlers out. If TSA opens the lock, the lock has an indicator that shows they opened the bag. That might give you more grounds if something is stolen. :D Just don't do what my wife did. She must have re-set the combo by accident, it's not easy to do, but she did it (sorta like messin' up my remotes,computer, etc) and we couldn't get into her bag. Had to call hotel maintenance to open it and tipped him $10. :D

Always assume baggage handlers are criminals and / or vandals. Here in Minny, they had three of these jerks on camera playing basketball with people's luggage, smashing stuff up, kicking it around. Did they get fired? Hell no, the Union wouldn't let them. :D

Always assume baggage handlers are criminals and / or vandals. Here in Minny, they had three of these jerks on camera playing basketball with people's luggage, smashing stuff up, kicking it around. Did they get fired? Hell no, the Union wouldn't let them. :D

Worst part is I believe one of them was tavaris jackson

:D

The TSA should take these matters seriously, because if they can take something out,they can put something in! Bombs???

Get the TSA approved locks. They are legal, and you can probably keep the handlers out. If TSA opens the lock, the lock has an indicator that shows they opened the bag. That might give you more grounds if something is stolen. :D Just don't do what my wife did. She must have re-set the combo by accident, it's not easy to do, but she did it (sorta like messin' up my remotes,computer, etc) and we couldn't get into her bag. Had to call hotel maintenance to open it and tipped him $10. :clap:

I had no clue they even existed. I try and follow the news and travel-related items inparticular as I travel quite a bit for work. But I had no idea.

so, let me get this straight... You hate America?

Right now, I don't trust the TSA. Put it that way...

No no no, I'm not talking about the union scum that the airlines hire. This is the TSA we're talking about.

On my recent trip to Boston, I didn't want to mess with a carryon at all but I was bringing a laptop and camera and I didn't trust it in the checked luggage. That's a damn shame.

:bash:

Note to self: Put camera in carry on.

I pack my camera in my carry-on 99.999999% of the time. For some reason, on this trip, my carry-on was packed tight and my suitcase was pretty light so I threw the camera bag in so I didn't have such a bulky carry-on. Will never, EVER do that again.

I had no clue they even existed. I try and follow the news and travel-related items inparticular as I travel quite a bit for work. But I had no idea.

Right now, I don't trust the TSA. Put it that way...

No no no, I'm not talking about the union scum that the airlines hire. This is the TSA we're talking about.

I pack my camera in my carry-on 99.999999% of the time. For some reason, on this trip, my carry-on was packed tight and my suitcase was pretty light so I threw the camera bag in so I didn't have such a bulky carry-on. Will never, EVER do that again.

Just a thought Darin....

Take all the correspondence you had on this issue and attach it to a letter to the MFR of the camers (can't recall what you bought).

Maybe they will take pity on you.

Just a thought Darin....

Take all the correspondence you had on this issue and attach it to a letter to the MFR of the camers (can't recall what you bought).

Maybe they will take pity on you.

You know what, I might just do that. Especially since I went out and bought the exact same camera from Best Buy. Maybe they'll appreciate the loyalty. :D Good idea, thanks.