[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals

theeohiostate

:D

Between Carolina and the Bengals it's tough for me to say who's more disappointing.

But i can say with certainty, the last few games the Bengals have had every opportunity to win a game to make the playoffs and there offense has been completely flat!

Oh yes! I so happy starting Palmer and CJ in my superbowl this week.................F'ing Bums! Can't even get any offense going against the lowly Steelers at home.

:D

Between Carolina and the Bengals it's tough for me to say who's more disappointing.

But i can say with certainty, the last few games the Bengals have had every opportunity to win a game to make the playoffs and there offense has been completely flat!

Oh yes! I so happy starting Palmer and CJ in my superbowl this week.................F'ing Bums! Can't even get any offense going against the lowly Steelers at home.

i feel your pain

not to mention delhomme has to come back this week and make steve smith relevant...im gettin worked between him and lj....carson is so frustrating...incompletion after incompletion....3rd and 1 and hes throwing incompletions to rudi

the bengals do not deserve a playoff spot. they couldn't beat hapless tampa bay coming off a bye week, they give up 42 second half points to the chargers, they make mike vick look like superman, they absolutely do not even show up for the monday night game against the colts, flub the extra point against denver which would have kept them alive to clinch, and then the icing on the enchilada today with the inability to put the game away.

they need to go home and think about what it means to be a disciplined team that can finish games, rise to the the occasion when it counts, keep their criminal records clean, and have some heart.

Steelers doing their best "THUG" impression in this game.

Body slamming CJ to the ground, drawing a 15 yarder, a play that very easily could have ended his carrer

Now, the late hit on Palmer.

:D Class act!

your an idiot. ben has gotten hit 10x worse than that this year and nothing was called. ive seen that exact same hit on other less (protected) qbs in this league and nothing was called. seeing johnson get slammed like that was worth the 15 yards.

Steelers doing their best "THUG" impression in this game.

Body slamming CJ to the ground, drawing a 15 yarder, a play that very easily could have ended his carrer

Now, the late hit on Palmer.

:D Class act!

Yeah, that statement isn't made with any bias. :D Harrison's body slamming of CJ deserved a penalty, which it got. Farrior's hit on Palmer was no where near late, and not even close to cheap. It shouldn't have gotten a flag, but, they throw flags for anything rough on the QB, so, I'm not surprised it was thrown.

Yeah, that statement isn't made with any bias. :D Harrison's body slamming of CJ deserved a penalty, which it got. Farrior's hit on Palmer was no where near late, and not even close to cheap. It shouldn't have gotten a flag, but, they throw flags for anything rough on the QB, so, I'm not surprised it was thrown.

your homer glasses are getting thicker and thicker

please tell me how that was late. he was hit the instant he let go of the ball. the linebacker was already in mid air for christ sake. farrior is a good linebacker, but i dont think he's good enough to control gravity. and i know damn well you have seen worse plays than that and not get called.

i also have to add on thing about the harrison hit. browns fans and ravens know this also. there was a brutal play made on joe jurevicius a few weeks back by mcalister that wasnt flagged. it was the exact same kind of throw harrison did except joe landed directly on his head. if mcalister can get away with that than harrison should be able to do what he did. im not saying its a correct call, but you are overreacting to plays where your stars are being clearly overly protected. the first play of the game the bengals raped and beat holmes, who was on the ground after the whistle was blown, all while the ref stood back and watched. it wasnt until the bengals player bashed holmes' head with his forearm a couple times that the ref threw the flag.

Edited by jjpro11

ask theeohiostate who really posted this message. should have never let him borrow the laptop.

:D:D:bash:

ask theeohiostate who really posted this message. should have never let him borrow the laptop.

:D:D:bash:

:clap: So, to make it look like someone else agreed with him, he used another logon. That is sad. :tup:

I'm happy that Cincy didnt make it in. Serves them right for costing me a trip to the SB this year when Palmer did SO BAD vs. the Colts. I only needed 10 points from him to win and he only got me 6. I said after the Colts game that I hoped they missed the playoffs and they did!! :D:D

no FFL slant, just Bengals fan opinion.

They clearly weren't going anywhere had they made the playoffs, but they clearly let this season get away.

I already feel that this team, which I still think can be a perennial contender, is at a crossroads, and this offseason (into next season) is gonna decide which way they go.

The Tangibles

Offense - They have a powerful offense, and really can't be stopped when they're "on". The problem is that they seem to be "off" more often than they should. Injuries to OL, Henry's problems, some immaturity all contributed. W/ Palmer healthy for the offseason, there is no reason they shouldn't be a top offense next year.

Defense - Still way underperformed, still need a couple big additions. But losing Thurman and Pollack for the whole season really hurt. I keep saying that next year they'll get better, I probably should stop saying that. I'd guess you'll see their 3 top picks in April be on DEF.

Special Teams - cost them chances to win both of the last two games, although not the only causes. Getting Tab Perry back next year for KR's will be big.

The Intangibles

Off-field legal stuff - It might be hypocritical to do it after this sh!tty season, but they need to "clean house". Call it a "new day" for players, and coaches.

Heart/Character - Lewis cleared out a lot of leftover players who didn't want to be here when he first got here. Now it's time to do another round. Any player on the team who isn't P!SSED OFF after the way this season ended should be shown the door. Not easy to do in all cases the way salary caps work, but there should be some very clear messages sent.

Leadership - Palmer needs to step up a little more. I give him a pass this past year because we was working his way back from injury. Starting with the first off-season workout, he needs to say it his HIS team, and lead it. Somebody on defense needs to be a vocal leader. Brian Simmons is a good guy, but ne's never been a true leader. My vote goes for Dexter Jackson.

Palmer and Jackson should, IMO, stay here this entire offseason, and do whatever they can to lead the team in whatever it takes to prepare.

Maturity - I have no idea what it takes to mature players. I just know the Bengals need it.

Edited by Bengal Mania

no FFL slant, just Bengals fan opinion.

They clearly weren't going anywhere had they made the playoffs, but they clearly let this season get away.

I already feel that this team, which I still think can be a perennial contender, is at a crossroads, and this offseason (into next season) is gonna decide which way they go.

The Tangibles

Offense - They have a powerful offense, and really can't be stopped when they're "on". The problem is that they seem to be "off" more often than they should. Injuries to OL, Henry's problems, some immaturity all contributed. W/ Palmer healthy for the offseason, there is no reason they shouldn't be a top offense next year.

Defense - Still way underperformed, still need a couple big additions. But losing Thurman and Pollack for the whole season really hurt. I keep saying that next year they'll get better, I probably should stop saying that. I'd guess you'll see their 3 top picks in April be on DEF.

Special Teams - cost them chances to win both of the last two games, although not the only causes. Getting Tab Perry back next year for KR's will be big.

The Intangibles

Off-field legal stuff - It might be hypocritical to do it after this sh!tty season, but they need to "clean house". Call it a "new day" for players, and coaches.

Heart/Character - Lewis cleared out a lot of leftover players who didn't want to be here when he first got here. Now it's time to do another round. Any player on the team who isn't P!SSED OFF after the way this season ended should be shown the door. Not easy to do in all cases the way salary caps work, but there should be some very clear messages sent.

Leadership - Palmer needs to step up a little more. I give him a pass this past year because we was working his way back from injury. Starting with the first off-season workout, he needs to say it his HIS team, and lead it. Somebody on defense needs to be a vocal leader. Brian Simmons is a good guy, but ne's never been a true leader. My vote goes for Dexter Jackson.

Palmer and Jackson should, IMO, stay here this entire offseason, and do whatever they can to lead the team in whatever it takes to prepare.

Maturity - I have no idea what it takes to mature players. I just know the Bengals need it.

Very good analysis. I won't go into my Steeler anyalysis, but, there is one area that I feel the same. Yes, the Steelers gave away some games, and if they win the Raiders game that they had 400 yards of 'O' to the Raiders 80 and lost, they make the playoffs. However, this Steelers team was simply not good enough to beat the big boys this year. The Ravens proved that several weeks ago, and then stamped it again last weekend. I think the Bengals and Steelers will both bounce back next year, which will make the AFC North what everyone thought it could be this year.