[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saban

theeohiostate

Nick Saban's decision will come Wednesday at 10 AM, but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel quotes a source saying he's "gone for sure."

Dolphins cornerback Will Allen said it well. "If he wasn't [leaving], it probably would be over already," followed by the requisite, "This is a business, man." It's hard to imagine Saban ever coming back to the NFL if he leaves like this. Jan. 3 - 8:36 am et

Don't know how the Dolphin fans will react if he leaves, but i think this dude is a major tool ! If any of my teams came calling on this backstepping, cross-talking tool, i'd boo his ass. back to LSU.

"I'm not going to have my integrity questioned".............."There is no truth to these rumors"................"I have not spoken to Alabama" ( Oh! But my agent has been)

What a lying tool !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Saban's decision will come Wednesday at 10 AM, but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel quotes a source saying he's "gone for sure."

Dolphins cornerback Will Allen said it well. "If he wasn't [leaving], it probably would be over already," followed by the requisite, "This is a business, man." It's hard to imagine Saban ever coming back to the NFL if he leaves like this. Jan. 3 - 8:36 am et

Don't know how the Dolphin fans will react if he leaves, but i think this dude is a major tool ! If any of my teams came calling on this backstepping, cross-talking tool, i'd boo his ass. back to LSU.

"I'm not going to have my integrity questioned".............."There is no truth to these rumors"................"I have not spoken to Alabama" ( Oh! But my agent has been)

What a lying tool !

I agree that he must be leaving. Otherwise, why hold a press conference to say what you have been saying for the last 2 weeks? Why not just say in an interview again " I told you I am not leaving"?

As a lifelong Fin fan I wish he gave it another year or two before bolting. He inherited a bad Wannstadt 4-12 team. I'm kind of sick of him though. If he does stay, why should the Dolphin organization have to go through this every year? He did make 2 major mistakes as HC . .

1. Choosing CPepp over Brees and then playing CPepp for the first half of the season when he clearly wasn't ready.

2. Never drafting or picking up any OL.

Everything I'm hearing is that he's definitely gone. It's been reported that his family just isn't happy in South Florida.

Saban is now the Larry Brown of football.

Use to have a lot of respect for this guy when he was at Mich St. and LSU, proved that he was not a NFL coach ala Carroll and Spurrier, but an excelent college coach. Still the way this was handled was very unproffessional and sort of slimy.

So, what do LSU fans make of their ex-coach showing up next door?

It's official, Nick Saban is a fargin liar:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718488

Nick Saban has accepted an offer from Alabama to coach the Crimson Tide and left the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, two weeks after declaring "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Jeff Zelevansky/Icon SMI

Saban will return to the SEC, where he won a national championship with LSU .

Saban told team owner Wayne Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, a source told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Alabama made its formal offer to Saban on Monday after rumors swirled for weeks that the Crimson Tide were pursuing the former LSU coach. The offer, believed to run from eight to 10 years, is worth $35 million to $40 million, and includes many variables, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday.

Saban had issued repeated denials that he was interested in coaching at Alabama, one of the most high-profile and high-pressure college coaching jobs in the country. He leaves the Dolphins with three years left on a deal worth approximately $4.5 million a year.

Alabama began looking for a coach after firing Mike Shula on Nov. 27. The Tide finished the season 6-7, losing to Oklahoma State in the Independence Bowl.

On Tuesday, Saban asked for and recevied more time from Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga to make a decision.

Huizenga remained optimistic Tuesday that Saban would return to Miami, and gave him until 10 a.m. Wednesday to make a decision.

"I'm hoping he's leaning on staying," Huizenga was quoted as saying in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "I like Nick a lot and hope he's going to stay. I'm not upset. You just have to play this thing through."

Huizenga has said he received repeated assurances from Saban late in the season that he would return in 2007. And Saban issued frequent public denials of interest in moving to Tuscaloosa, such as on Dec. 21, when he said: "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

I really don't believe he was lying when he made those statements about not being coach. That was BEFORE he was directly contacted by Mal Moore and the University of Alabama, the only person that had been contacted was his agent and he told him to pass the word on to Alabama that he was not interested. Saban was not officially contacted until Monday January 1st.

Obviously he did not want the job, otherwise Alabama would have not tried for other coaches in between trying for him twice.

Nick Saban never wanted to leave college coaching, neither did his wife.

If you remember Huizenga came to Saban's house, and stayed in town for 2 days and talked him into leaving his dream job.

Huizenga had to know this was a possibility of happening, due to Saban loving the college game. If he didn't have immediate success, he knew it had to have a chance to happen.

Man, he didn't even show up for his meeting and blew off Huizenga, then told his assistants by speaker phone by phone. What a coward.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sps...la-sports-front

The Nick Saban coaching era with the Dolphins has ended.

A source said Wednesday morning that Saban has agreed to become the new head coach at the University of Alabama, ending his two-year tenure with the Dolphins.

A source said Saban failed to show this morning for a scheduling meeting at team headquarters in Davie with Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga. Saban told Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, the source said.

The deal reportedly is worth between $30 million and $32 million over eight years, although the actual value could vary based on guarantees and other clauses. Saban just finished the second year of a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Dolphins.

College success, including a 2003 national championship with Louisiana State, and an NFL reputation as a defensive guru while working as a coordinator in Cleveland during the early 1990s made Saban the Dolphins' top candidate to replace Dave Wannstedt following a disastrous 2004 season.

But after a 9-7 record and six-game winning streak to end last season, the Dolphins didn't live up to preseason expectations in 2006. The Dolphins finished 6-10 and enter the offseason with one of the NFL's oldest rosters as well as uncertainty at quarterback stemming from Daunte Culpepper's knee problems.

Nick Saban never wanted to leave college coaching, neither did his wife.

If you remember Huizenga came to Saban's house, and stayed in town for 2 days and talked him into leaving his dream job.

I remember the Bears avidly pursuing Saban. I'm glad we didn't catch him.

Some of this may have come off as slimy and underhanded - but show me a head coach hire at a big-time college football program that hasn't in the past few years.

Some of it is underhanded but who among us has never changed jobs for their own reasons?

Some of it is underhanded but who among us has never changed jobs for their own reasons?

Exactly, it just looks worse since its 2 BIG TIME, NATIONAL jobs. No one would say crap about this if it involved crap teams.

If Saban wasn't as happy as he could be in his current job, and could be happier in Alabama I say go for it. He needs to go and coach where he, and his family, are happiest.

Exactly.

I'm a Fins fan and a Bama alum, so I was torn as this was going down. I can say that it never appeared Saban was happy in Miami. I think he realized he was happier at the college level and the Bama job is a plum one - in spite of what the jerks on ESPN have said over the past few weeks.