[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick's a threat to national security?

Randall

January 25, 2007, 08:00

Falcons :: QB

Police Erase QB Mi. Vick Tape, After Request?

Chris Vivlamore, Megan Clarke, Andrea Jones, Atlanta Journal-Constitution -

Miami-Dade police erased the airport security video showing Falcons QB Michael Vick disposing of a fake water bottle at the airport after it was requested by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution under Florida's public records law. The AJC requested a copy of the video on Jan. 18 from the Miami-Dade Police Department, but they would not release it because it was part of an open investigation. After the case was closed, the AJC again requested a copy of the video and was told that it had been erased. The Transportation Security Administration still has a copy of the video but has refused to release it, citing national security concerns.

What's going on?

Pay off. :D

Dan Patrick (on his radio show) sounded that way yesterday. He had one source who said the Falcons requested it be erased. It looks like the AJC found another copy of the tape and can't get it. Now it's a national security issue. :D

What I want to know is what was in the hidden part. Looks like pot, smells like pot, in a hidden compartment

but was NOT pot. Then what was it, inquiring minds want to know. When originally reported said it would take weeks or months to complete the analysis, then in a few days it was dismissed. I really don't think it was oregano.

This looks like a cover up IMO. also as an amusing side note, heard this on DP show half paying attention so don't know if this was a joke or not, Vick is in trouble for expense account fudging because he charged the water bottle to his expense account. :D

Maybe since it was a security camera at an airport if it was a widespread video, the wrong type of people could get the tapes and find a way around the security, a loophole, something they don't check, just something like that.

What I want to know is what was in the hidden part. Looks like pot, smells like pot, in a hidden compartment

but was NOT pot. Then what was it, inquiring minds want to know. When originally reported said it would take weeks or months to complete the analysis, then in a few days it was dismissed. I really don't think it was oregano.

Mushrooms. :D

Edited by godtomsatan

When originally reported said it would take weeks or months to complete the analysis, then in a few days it was dismissed. I really don't think it was oregano.

The chemical test for THC in residue is a pretty simple & quick test. Results in like an hour at most. You can even buy basic THC test kits over the internet. I'd say the initial reports mentioning that it would take weeks or months for the results, was not because any difficulty with the test, but more the back log at the Florida Bureau of Investigations. Underpaid, understaffed & overworked. They're pretty overwhelmed with requests for analysis of suspicious substances. I mean it's Florida for goodness sake. More drugs coming in there (then pipelined up the East Coast) than anywhere else in America. But for a high profile case like this, I'm sure the testing of the residue in the bottle was bumped right to the top.

This looks like a cover up IMO.
Vick is an athlete. In case you haven't noticed, our judical system seems to take great delight in prosecuting high profile athletes.

Now if Vick were a Politician, I'd be much more inclined to buy the cover up idea. :bash:

Why the tape of Vick tossing the bottle into a trash can, was erased by the Cops & the other copy is being withheld as a "Threat to National Security", is pretty crazy. :D

It's a video of him flipping a bottle into a trash can. Woop de Freakin' do! :D

Then what was it and why did he hide it? If it was mothing nothing why not say what it was? That fact and reports the team wanted the tape erased(secrecy) is what gives this legs.

Vick getting suspended and the team losing $Milllions in ticker revenue is enough to ecert influence over the govt. <Arthur Blank> "You owe me for those tickets I gave you Captain. Just accidently erase the tape."

Aqua-gate timeline

Daniel A. Lurvey, a former prosecutor with the state attorney's office, said the quick evaluation of the bottle with a hidden compartment was an "abnormality."

"Usually the lab has a turnaround time of within three weeks on felony drug cases because an arraignment is always three weeks from the time of the arrest," said Lurvey, of Lyons & Lurvey, a Miami firm that handles criminal defense work.

He said celebrity status can play a role in criminal cases.

"Sometimes other things go into the calculation not to pursue charges," Lurvey said. "The amount of something. The difficulty in proving it. Sometimes the backdrop of who the person is, although that really should not be involved, but sometimes it is. Somebody just made the decision to clear it."

Then what was it and why did he hide it? If it was mothing nothing why not say what it was? That fact and reports the team wanted the tape erased(secrecy) is what gives this legs.

Vick getting suspended and the team losing $Milllions in ticker revenue is enough to ecert influence over the govt. <Arthur Blank> "You owe me for those tickets I gave you Captain. Just accidently erase the tape."

Aqua-gate timeline

Daniel A. Lurvey, a former prosecutor with the state attorney's office, said the quick evaluation of the bottle with a hidden compartment was an "abnormality."

"Usually the lab has a turnaround time of within three weeks on felony drug cases because an arraignment is always three weeks from the time of the arrest," said Lurvey, of Lyons & Lurvey, a Miami firm that handles criminal defense work.

He said celebrity status can play a role in criminal cases.

"Sometimes other things go into the calculation not to pursue charges," Lurvey said. "The amount of something. The difficulty in proving it. Sometimes the backdrop of who the person is, although that really should not be involved, but sometimes it is. Somebody just made the decision to clear it."

Oh well then. That's it! He's guilty! I say lets just hang 'em & move on. :D

Oh well then. That's it! He's guilty! I say lets just hang 'em & move on. :D

No. It's just that when people erase things and refuse to supply others it makes people wonder what being covered up.

If they had just been up front this would have died long ago if he didn't do anything.

Trnasparency is a good practice.

Tell the AJC they can view the video on site and release what the substance was.

Vick gets off of smuggling a water bottle full of mysterious liquid and organic substance into an airport security area, then the tape gets deleted for national security reasons?

Could it be that "Ron Mexico" is not just some cheesey name that Vick came up with so that he can infect young women while ducking the legal liabilities?

My theory:

Mike Vick walks into a club <cue "James Bond/Ron Mexico" theme music> Ron Mexico suavely says-"My name is Mexico--Ron Mexico."

Duh-nuh--duh-nuh--nuh-nuh-nuh!! :D

No. It's just that when people erase things and refuse to supply others it makes people wonder what being covered up.

If they had just been up front this would have died long ago if he didn't do anything.

Trnasparency is a good practice.

Tell the AJC they can view the video on site and release what the substance was.

Why the cops erased the video is weird & was probably a mistake on their part, but really, who cares? It's just gonna show Vick flipping a water bottle into a trash can. Not getting to see Vick throw trash away ain't gonna cause me any sleepless nights. How about you?

As far as what the residue was, they may not even know.

I think the tests most states run are pretty basic & only confirm if the substance being tested is an illegal drug or not.

Once it's been ruled out as an illegal substance, the state labs don't continue running even more tests & tying up both equipment & lab technicians, just to find out what the legal substance is. They simply don't have the time, man power or funds to do that, considering the back log & on top of that, it's a pointless exercise. :D

In this day and age, it is possible that the TSA will not allow this footage to be shown, and thus erased, not the police department.

It might not be so much that Vick is a threat to national security but perhaps there is something on the tape itself -- camera angles, counters, positioning of TSA security, procedures, etc. -- that could be analyzed by some one who would be a threat to national security. Thus, they would now have an advantage in getting something onto a plane that could cause harm.

"In the big scheme of things, as far as the [Miami-Dade police] is concerned, that's not a major case. We have homicides and sexual batteries and other things that are probably going to take precedence,"

:D

Grow up and get over it Randall.