[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Price Gouging at the SuperBowl.....

rocknrobn26

Let me rant, Please!

According to the news:

$400 for a limo @ the airport. Last week $100!

$150 rooms going for $1200!

$600 tix going for $8000!

Teams have like 12,500 tixs, but the Season ticket holders only get <5K!!!

F' these people! As a parent, wouldn't you like to take your kid???? NOT!!! Ya can't!

Yeah, I'm a commie! Beat me up,but Dammit...... the average shlub can't go, and it's the average shlub that makes the NFL what it is! :D

Don't reply if you're gonna say "Well that's the way it is!" :eyeore voice:

Plus regular games are no better! Too $$$$ for a working person!

Rant over! *sigh*

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

Agreed. It really is sad. Like I said once before, most of the hardcore and loyal fans of the Colts and Bears won't be in the stadium on Sunday.

I'm leaving for Miami tomorrow. I'm driving. Crashing at my wife's uncle's place in Melbourne on Friday. Heading for Miami on Saturday. My sister has a friend that has an apartment near South Beach. Staying their Saturday and Sunday night.

Tickets are ridiculous. Hoping to land some when we get down there, but we'll see. Should be a great atmosphere, and being in Miami will be a plus. I'm just hoping to not pay a fortune for tix.

Have a blast Captain! Hope you score some tix!

Let me rant, Please!

According to the news:

F' these people! As a parent, wouldn't you like to take your kid???? NOT!!! Ya can't!

Yeah, I'm a commie! Beat me up,but Dammit...... the average shlub can't go, and it's the average shlub that makes the NFL what it is! :D

Rant over! *sigh*

Is it just me, or am I the only person that realizes that it's not the NFL that drives up the prices on everything? I mean they dont own the limo company that's trying to rape every one that steps into that limo. They dont own Motel 6 who normally would charge $39/night, but this week they're charging $400/night. The NFL has released the ticket with a face value of $600. They got their $600. It's the Mike Tice's out there that are assraping people and getting 1000% return on their tickets, hotels, food, and transportation. I do realize that it sucks for the average fan with the average income. But it is what it is. High demand = high prices. People will pay it if they want to be there.

Is it just me, or am I the only person that realizes that it's not the NFL that drives up the prices on everything? I mean they dont own the limo company that's trying to rape every one that steps into that limo. They dont own Motel 6 who normally would charge $39/night, but this week they're charging $400/night. The NFL has released the ticket with a face value of $600. They got their $600. It's the Mike Tice's out there that are assraping people and getting 1000% return on their tickets, hotels, food, and transportation. I do realize that it sucks for the average fan with the average income. But it is what it is. High demand = high prices. People will pay it if they want to be there.

Most of the things I mentioned are NOT the NFL's doing, but the $600 ticket price for an endzone seat IS the NFL! Who would pay that for a normal game and what are they getting for sideline seats? Sorry it's still a shame!

It is the NFL. Just look at the host committee website. :D

The NFL instructs hotels to block the rooms and not release them to the public. Then you need to go through the host committee and pay through your nose. If you don't think the NFL gets a piece of this pie, you're crazy. And they have their hand in the transportation pie as well.

Welcome to the South Florida Super Bowl XLI Host Committee's Fan Housing web site, provided by TBA Global, the only "official" fan reservation service for Super Bowl XLI.

This centralized reservation system is designed to provide lodging to individuals and groups coming to the South Florida area for Super Bowl XLI. Offering both online and toll-free booking, visitors have access to a wide range of hotel accommodations throughout the region.

Call center hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm CST.

For individuals reservations, please call: 877-474-5862

For reservation blocks 10 and great, please call: 800-699-5370

Hotel Reservations

Fan Housing Update Sign Up

Super Bowl weekend starts Thursday, February 1, 2007 - Monday, February 5, 2007. The majority of hotels will have a 4-night minimum requirement over these dates.

It is the NFL. Just look at the host committee website. :D

The NFL instructs hotels to block the rooms and not release them to the public. Then you need to go through the host committee and pay through your nose. If you don't think the NFL gets a piece of this pie, you're crazy. And they have their hand in the transportation pie as well.

I stand corrected!

Let me rant, Please!

According to the news:

Rant over! *sigh*

people can say what they want about other sports but at least their "championship series" can be attended by the real fans...

i for one will never forget being at Game 6 in 1980 when the Phils won the World Series

Edited by keggerz

While I agree that the prices are outrageous and that I will probably never be able to attend a game in person unless I win a trip, I do work for a sports travel company and have sold quite a few packages and I like the commission on these numbers. Hotels are blocked off in advance and for 4 nights mostly. We have already sold more than a few packages for next year in Arizona.