[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Price Gouging at the SuperBowl.....

rocknrobn26

Let me rant, Please!

According to the news:

$400 for a limo @ the airport. Last week $100!

$150 rooms going for $1200!

$600 tix going for $8000!

Teams have like 12,500 tixs, but the Season ticket holders only get <5K!!!

F' these people! As a parent, wouldn't you like to take your kid???? NOT!!! Ya can't!

Yeah, I'm a commie! Beat me up,but Dammit...... the average shlub can't go, and it's the average shlub that makes the NFL what it is! :D

Don't reply if you're gonna say "Well that's the way it is!" :eyeore voice:

Plus regular games are no better! Too $$$$ for a working person!

Rant over! *sigh*

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

Oh, I agree that the average fan being shut out of the SB is a massive problem for the NFL...

...well, it WOULD be a massive problem for the NFL if their games weren't better on tv anyway.

That's why you just kick back with your buds and watch the game in the Windy City. At least then you know that the people you're watching with are Bears fans and not "i don't give a sh*t" fans. Should be a blast up in Chi-Town R&R! I wish I could hop a flight and enjoy the game with my sisters at a corner bar there. Who needs South Beach when you got your home town buds there with ya! Enjoy yourself R&R! It's been a long wait.

well...... at least it will be more family-friendly with less bear fans in attendance.

:D

:bash:

Bier,

I'm gonna getcha! Be careful when you start your car tomorrow! I know nahthing! :D

That's why you just kick back with your buds and watch the game in the Windy City. At least then you know that the people you're watching with are Bears fans and not "i don't give a sh*t" fans. Should be a blast up in Chi-Town R&R! I wish I could hop a flight and enjoy the game with my sisters at a corner bar there. Who needs South Beach when you got your home town buds there with ya! Enjoy yourself R&R! It's been a long wait.

:D Thanks, Jax! It has been a long time and I will be kickin' back w/ many friends/fans! I go to a great "local" bar, and have been for many years! Where are your sis's at????

If you are ever in Chi, let me know! :D

I've often thought of where I would rather be if the Chiefs ever make it to the Super Bowl. Would you rather be AT the game, or at home in the city when they win and the city turns out to celebrate.

Remind my great-great-great-great-great grandson to post that here when the Chiefs finally win one.

Fixed.

Oh, and I feel ya. I think I'd rather be in the city that wins. Sure, being at the Super Bowl would be fun... but honestly I'd rather go see two "random" teams than my favorite. I'd love to go see all the booths and what-not. And of course seeing the game would be great... that is, if you can get decent tickets.

Meh. If "my" team's playing, let me be at a packed sports bar with my buddies.

I've often thought of where I would rather be if the Chiefs ever make it to the Super Bowl. Would you rather be AT the game, or at home in the city when they win and the city turns out to celebrate.

Remind my son to post that here when the Chiefs finally win one.

i've been to two. watched one from a friend's house (large party), one at a bar, and one from home when i was about 11. while it is very cool to party in the streets afterward (in sf), watching them live was amazing and a better experience.

I'm sure you have PLENTY of fans from each team available at the site;

IMO it's a no-lose option - you either watch somewhere in near your home (unless you're a relocated fan) and get to go nuts with a crowd of liquored-up maniacs when your team wins...OR you are fortunate enough to be AT the game, presumably someplace warm, and go nuts both with fellow rooters and the opponents (trust me, I've traveled to several away Packer games - none the magnitude of the SB, and while the loss is usually a bit depressing, I'll be damned if I'm going to let a bunch of overpaid morons ruin my good time).

Remind my son to post that here when the Chiefs finally win one.

Good luck my friend! The NFL restricts people who make less than $1,000,000/year!!! :D

I'm sure you have PLENTY of fans from each team available at the site;

IMO it's a no-lose option - you either watch somewhere in near your home (unless you're a relocated fan) and get to go nuts with a crowd of liquored-up maniacs when your team wins...OR you are fortunate enough to be AT the game, presumably someplace warm, and go nuts both with fellow rooters and the opponents (trust me, I've traveled to several away Packer games - none the magnitude of the SB, and while the loss is usually a bit depressing, I'll be damned if I'm going to let a bunch of overpaid morons ruin my good time).

And that raises a new question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck my friend! The NFL restricts people who make less than $1,000,000/year!!! :D

I was going to say "no they don't" but the person I met last weekend who was at last year's SB is over that threshold.... :D

You need to plan yearly "just in case".

The key is the hotel, try booking one in the next few weeks for next Feb in Arizona.

Most hotels will already be blocked off, but sometimes you can get lucky.

In 2002, (SB in 2003) in San Diego, I booked a hotel well in advance. The Pats didn't make it but San Diego is too nice to pass up so I went anyway. Tickets were in high demand and I didn't end up going to the game, but the city was packed and it was a great time.

In 2003, I booked the Wyndham in Houston for $100 a night. A few months later they tried to cancel my hotel room and I fought with them for months. It ended up being the Panthers team hotel, and everyone else was paying over $500 a night, but I had a confirmation. I didn't end up scoring tickets, but for hotel, flight, and car (flew into Dallas) it was a trip on the cheap. I'd feel alot worse if I already had dropped $2K up to that point and didn't get tickets.

I'm leaving for Miami tomorrow. I'm driving. Crashing at my wife's uncle's place in Melbourne on Friday. Heading for Miami on Saturday. My sister has a friend that has an apartment near South Beach. Staying their Saturday and Sunday night.

Tickets are ridiculous. Hoping to land some when we get down there, but we'll see. Should be a great atmosphere, and being in Miami will be a plus. I'm just hoping to not pay a fortune for tix.

:D Thanks, Jax! It has been a long time and I will be kickin' back w/ many friends/fans! I go to a great "local" bar, and have been for many years! Where are your sis's at????

If you are ever in Chi, let me know! :D

One sis lives in Batavia, but the partying one just moved to a street called Washten. Never heard of it but I believe it's in the heart of Chicago. She used to live off of Fullerton.

I'm gonna try and make it up that way this summer. I'll letcha know when the time comes.

Tickets are ridiculous. Hoping to land some when we get down there, but we'll see. Should be a great atmosphere, and being in Miami will be a plus. I'm just hoping to not pay a fortune for tix.

a bit risky, but scalped ticket prices drop substancially at kickoff.

hope you have a great time! good luck :D