[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chess Nerds Unite!

billay

It's that time of year!

The Fourth Annual Huddle Chess Debacle!

Yes, that's right, it's a chess tournament and a rather involved one at that. For those that are unfamiliar, the tournament is open to all levels of chess players. There will be a week of sign ups, then the tournament will begin. Everyone is guaranteed 4 matches. Then, depending on how many sign up, the top 8 records or so, will advance to the Championship Round. Winner will be crowned Huddle Chess Champion. Last Year's winner was Caveman Nick. Everyone please realize that you are committing to at least 4 games, so please try and make so time...This is a very hard thing to coordinate.

You do not need to play the games in any particular order. Just contact your opponents to see whan they may be able to play, then, once you have set a match time please post it here so others can come watch if they are around. Then please post the result. We should try to get the 4 games finished inside a month (yes, I said a month), after that, people's attention (including mine) begins to wane.

We'll be playing our games at Yahoo again as it seems to be the most accessible site to both PC's and Macs. Players can also watch matches.

If you would like to play, please let your interest be know here. After we've given enough time for the word to spread, we'll get this thing started.

1. Caveman Nick (returning champ)

2. skylive5

3. sunysteelfly76

4. Egret

5. Timmypg

6. Buffalo Wings

7. billay

8. DemonKnight

9. VoteQuimby2

10. Perchoutofwater

11. The Irish Doggy

12. wcd480

13. broncos05 (possibly)

Edited by billay

I'm on vacation without internet from Feb. 13th - Feb. 20th, otherwise I can make it work and am interested.

It usually take a little time to drum up interest, so I think you'll be back by the time we start.

:D I haven't played a game since the spring or so...not too long after the last debacle.

No worries for being out of practice :D

yeah, my skill level is not what's keeping me out, it's the tasks associated with the move that have been keeping me really busy at night.

8 is a nice round number, but look's like we'll have to wait for broncos05. Look for this thing to start after March 1st.

If anybody else is still interested, feel free to speak up. In the meantime, here is the LINK to yahoo chess, if anybody wants to get some practice in. It has become customary to announce games so that other may come and watch if they want. We also have been posting move lists afterward.