[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Washington Redskins: A Steaming Crap Bag!

The Peanut Guy

I was just listening to the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN radio. Mel Kiper Jr was his guest so they starting discussing the NFL draft. One thing they mentioned that I didnt realize is that the Washington Redskins dont have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round draft pick! That is a disaster for a team that desperately needs several young players at a number of positions. This is a team that was basically in free fall from the midway point of the season, and now wont be able to improve through the draft. That is an absolute killer, especially competing in the tough NFC East. This team has been horribly mis-managed and are listing badly. I see them headed for Lions/Raiders type records very soon.

I was just listening to the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN radio. Mel Kiper Jr was his guest so they starting discussing the NFL draft. One thing they mentioned that I didnt realize is that the Washington Redskins dont have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round draft pick! That is a disaster for a team that desperately needs several young players at a number of positions. This is a team that was basically in free fall from the midway point of the season, and now wont be able to improve through the draft. That is an absolute killer, especially competing in the tough NFC East. This team has been horribly mis-managed and are listing badly. I see them headed for Lions/Raiders type records very soon.

The only thing they need "NOW" to become a legitimate contender is a QB who can actually read a defense and complete a pass.

Were all these picks traded away or are they lost picks as compensation for signing free agents (nor sure if the NFL does this to the team that signs the FA)?

Through trades.

NFL rules state that picks can be added for losing free agents, but these are added at the end of later rounds - they don't come from another team directly.

The only way a team forfeits draft picks are for using them in a supplemental draft or for rules violations, such as going over the salary cap. None are lost for signing free agents.

Through trades.

NFL rules state that picks can be added for losing free agents, but these are added at the end of later rounds - they don't come from another team directly.

The only way a team forfeits draft picks are for using them in a supplemental draft or for rules violations, such as going over the salary cap. None are lost for signing free agents.

Thanks BJ...I knew about teams adding picks for losing FA and losing picks if they select in the supplemental draft. Still cannot believe that they mismanaged themselves this poorly.

The only thing they need "NOW" to become a legitimate contender is a QB who can actually read a defense and complete a pass.

oh I'd say they need quite a bit more than a QB to become a legit contender "NOW".

they may want to improve on allowing 30 pass TDs, making only 19 sacks, and forcing a pitiful 6 INTs. if 1 of their front 7 can't get to the QB, then it doesn't matter how many secondary FAs they overpay for (Archuleta, Springs) or high draft picks they blow on corners (Rogers).

Were all these picks traded away or are they lost picks as compensation for signing free agents (nor sure if the NFL does this to the team that signs the FA)?

the 3rd rd pick goes to Denver for the Duckett/Lelie trade. oh and they owe Denver their 2008 4th rounder as well.

the 4th rd pick goes to SF to round out the Lloyd trade.

why they owe the 2nd round pick is laughable... they gave the Jets their 2007 2nd rounder PLUS 2 picks last year (their 2nd and 6th rd picks) to move up and take Rocky McIntosh.

Edited by kingfish247

the 3rd rd pick goes to Denver for the Duckett/Lelie trade. oh and they owe Denver their 2008 4th rounder as well.

the 4th rd pick goes to SF to round out the Lloyd trade.

why they owe the 2nd round pick is laughable... they gave the Jets their 2007 2nd rounder PLUS 2 picks last year (their 2nd and 6th rd picks) to move up and take Rocky McIntosh.

What's funniest about this is right now, if the Skins fans were asked:

Would you trade Lloyd, Duckett and Rocky McIntosh for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick - they'd say yes. Essentially meanign that all the rest of the things given up in those trades/moves were complete wastes....

I do love the skins sucking....

i forgot that they got a 6th rounder last year for Ramsey so they actually had 2 picks in the 6th before sending one to the Jets in that package.

how they ended up with Ramsey in 2002 is pretty comical too. they traded down via 2 trades from the 18th overall to the 32nd overall for a couple of middle round picks then proceeded to trade away a couple of those middle round picks via 2 more trades to get an extra late round pick and move up in the 3rd round.

LB from the U I think.

Oh good Lord! :D Seriously though, the Skins have some problems and arent going to be able to address alot of them through the draft. Their model of building a team through over-paying free agents has been proven not to work time and again. Do any of you skins fans think that there is any reason for hope? Or am I being way to pessimistic in my assessment of their near term prospects?

What's funniest about this is right now, if the Skins fans were asked:

Would you trade Lloyd, Duckett and Rocky McIntosh for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd pick - they'd say yes. Essentially meanign that all the rest of the things given up in those trades/moves were complete wastes....

I do love the skins sucking....

McIntosh isn't a waste. Rookies never start under Williams and he showed some athleticism last year. The jury is still out on him, but Lloyd, Archiletta and Duckett are different stories.

I watch ALOT of football. Alot! And I have no idea who Rocky McIntosh is and cant recall ever hearing that name. Am I the only one?

Linebacker from the U, but like I said rookies rarely start under Williams.

Edited by Randall