[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BSG and Rome 2/11

cliaz

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN ANY OF THE TWO YET>>>>>>

you've been warned...

Rome - Holy sh1t that was an awesome episode. When the head of the senate nominated Octavian to lead rome under the condition that he listen to the head of th senate. THEN turned around and brought his troops in and took control of everything.

THEN the head of the senate send a letter to Brutus telling him to come to rome and Octavian heading out to enlist Mark Antony for help.

Man you know the history but this is soooo much better. Best show, this and the wire are tied for best show on HBO

BSG - gotta tell you all i'm very disappoint in the series since the start of season III. It's getting more out of controll. Last night episode was decent but they aren't really address the fleet/cylons anymore. I'm starting to get worried about it.

Could the show already start to run it's course??

BSG - gotta tell you all i'm very disappoint in the series since the start of season III. It's getting more out of controll. Last night episode was decent but they aren't really address the fleet/cylons anymore. I'm starting to get worried about it.

I know they are working on 'Caprica', a spinoff that takes place when Adm. Adama is younger. It shows how the Cylons come to be.

It's okay, but last night didn't really add much to the overall story. I guess without Baltar, the Cylons are not right on the tail of the fleet. Hopefully they'll get there soon.

My take on BSG is that the story lines are focusing on the problems of leadership in a collection such as they have. I find it very interesting in an intellectual sort of fashion, but it certainly does leave one aching for some action. My biggest problem at this point is the fact that the story lines don't seem to be going anywhere, they're just kind of floundering around. Every episode is an isolated little story which doesn't help and fleshing out the entire universe that they've created.

My take on BSG is that the story lines are focusing on the problems of leadership in a collection such as they have. I find it very interesting in an intellectual sort of fashion, but it certainly does leave one aching for some action. My biggest problem at this point is the fact that the story lines don't seem to be going anywhere, they're just kind of floundering around. Every episode is an isolated little story which doesn't help and fleshing out the entire universe that they've created.

Totally agree. The show has been :D since they left New Caprica, aside from that episode called Passage.

The episode last night focused on Helo. :D I think he is the blandest character on the show.

This is the part of the show where the "extra" member of the landing party always gets killed.

Last night, a new character (a new doctor) was introduced and subsequently erased from the show. Didn't die, but basically the same thing.

This episode was just mixing politics with convictions.

Helo vs doctor/doctor/Tigh

Vice Pres vs Pres

Interesting that an imaginary Gaius' appears in Number 6's reality now too.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN ANY OF THE TWO YET>>>>>>

you've been warned...

Rome - Holy sh1t that was an awesome episode. When the head of the senate nominated Octavian to lead rome under the condition that he listen to the head of th senate. THEN turned around and brought his troops in and took control of everything.

THEN the head of the senate send a letter to Brutus telling him to come to rome and Octavian heading out to enlist Mark Antony for help.

Man you know the history but this is soooo much better. Best show, this and the wire are tied for best show on HBO

I know my history but the little stuff is so much fun:

"This isn't what we agreed to."

"Nevertheless, here we are....and I've heard you now step away from my chair." :D

This started happening at the begining of season 2.5

Aye, but that was on the Cylon baseship where they have no problem creating their own environment.

Now it shows they can do it on Galactica too. Projection or whatever it's called.

Edited by Riffraff

Aye, but that was on the Cylon baseship where they have no problem creating their own environment.

Now it shows they can do it on Galactica too. Projection or whatever it's called.

Jebus, pay attention.

The point they are making is that Baltar loves 6, and 6 loves Baltar. She is in his head, he is in hers. Nothing about projection, just them imagining the other around when they need comfort. If Baltar does what she does, he must be a Cylon, and I don't think he is. If he turns out to be, they would not have needed 6 to insert the virus into the defense computers, Baltar could have done that himself.

Perhaps you should put the two shows into separate threads, because I could give a rat's ass about BSG.

Have you tried peeping it out? if you like a good drama you should really watch it. It's about the best there is. The problem i've had with people is getting everyone to get over the fact that it is based on Sci-fi but that has little to no impact on the over all drama of the series.

The pattern BSG has developed is that the overall theme of finding Earth drives the show, but they save that kind of action for the mid-season and season-finale cliffhangers. The rest of the time, its fleshing out characters and running with the sub-plots of who is a Cylon or not, the troubles of a civilian fleet, etc.

I think its just fleshing out the show really, and a viewer's perception will vary greatly depending on if you like the particular characters they run with that episode. Personally, I liked last night's episode except that I have no idea where these refugees came from. The previous two episodes had me squirming because I'm not a fan of the whole infidelity Apollo/Starbuck thing. In fact, I like Starbuck less and less all the time.

I love Baltar, 6, Adama, Tigh, and Rosyln episodes the best. Also hope they bring back 3/Lucy Lawless soon.

Man, I was p-o'd at Rome this week. they completely left factual history in the dust with the depiction of the battle of Phillipi. Both Cassius and Brutus had their slaves kill them.... but HBO turned them into these warroirs that were killed by Marc Antony's men. They also had Antony and Octavian together at the start of the one day battle, while in fact, that battle lasted for a couple of weeks. Antony's brilliant move of building a road thru the swamp to outflank Cassius was completey ignored.

Not only that, Brutus was on his second or third wife by then, bt they have never been introduced into the story, yet had a significant role in factual history. This series started off great, but now it's more fiction than anything else.