[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings Speculation

Savage Beatings

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name is pretty familiar. Is he any good? Age? Etc...

Falcons Homers would be able to answer alot more. I know he was hurt last year. Been in the league 8 years, probably on the down side of his career, but may have a few good years left. He will probably get a decent pay check seens how free agency is thin and cap is high...

I wonder why Atlanta had not signed him yet? Are they even trying to get a deal done?

Falcons Homers would be able to answer alot more. I know he was hurt last year. Been in the league 8 years, probably on the down side of his career, but may have a few good years left. He will probably get a decent pay check seens how free agency is thin and cap is high...

I wonder why Atlanta had not signed him yet? Are they even trying to get a deal done?

He voids the last 2 years of his contract to become a free agent

Sounds like he does not want to stay in Atlanta.

A lack of mobility and awareness in the pocket will cause more sacks than anything else. People in New England were complaining about Drew Bledsoe's offensive line for years and how it was dooming him year after year. Then along came a guy named Tom Brady who also was slow of foot but had awareness and the next thing you knew the Pats were Superbowl champs.

I hope the Vikes move trade up in the draft to pick-up Calvin Johnson and combo him with Tarvaris Jackson for years to come.

I think that would cost too much for a 1st round receiver. It looks like now we would have to secure the 1st pick which means we draft one player this year...hope to god he is not a bust. Receivers take more time to develop and the ones that don't, do not come along very often. I think its too much of a gamble.

I hope the Vikes move trade up in the draft to pick-up Calvin Johnson and combo him with Tarvaris Jackson for years to come.

If they've learned one thing during the Moss era it is that exciting players put fans in the seats. It would be hard even for Childress to mold Calvin Johnson into anything but a very, very good player.