[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM

spain

Oh the Irony: :D

http://drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM

HEARING NOTICE

Tue Feb 13 2007 19:31:25 ET

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

The hearing will be rescheduled to a date and time to be announced later.

DC WEATHER REPORT:

Wednesday: Freezing rain in the morning. Total ice accumulation between one half to three quarters of an inch. Brisk with highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Northwest winds around 20 mph.

Edited by spain

Amazing how many people don't understand the difference between weather and climate. :D

I can't decide if they're stupid and they really believe that global warming means it will never be cold on a given day, or if they do understand and they think they're being clever.

Amazing how many people don't understand the difference between weather and climate. :D

Based on this sample mean for the local climate of the ice storm, it appears we can conclude the overall weather for Earth is drastically lower than the expected temperature. :clap: We MUST be moving into a very cold Ice Age, and very quickly. We're doomed. :D

:bash:

I can't decide if they're stupid and they really believe that global warming means it will never be cold on a given day, or if they do understand and they think they're being clever.

In spring when it hits 90 they'll say what Ursa just did. Can't see the big picture because they think it'll cost them money.

The movie industry thought the same when video tapes came out. They said it would ruin their industry. They couldn't see beyond their own skepticism.

I am so old that I can actually recall when liberals would laugh at ironical things like this and take it for what it is. Now they are just defensive and mean. I guess the Hillary Clinton era is in full bloom.

This would have been a snowstorm 10 years ago, but with higher temps, it's an ice storm instead. spain, I really think you should be a campaign advisor, you can spin the chit with the very best of them! :D

Edited by Rovers