[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hardaway

Skrappy1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me about the whole thing is he spoke he feelings. He didn't hide behind this PC world we live in now. I may not agree with is view point but I respect the guy for being honest.

He was being honest, can't fault him for that......he was asked his opinion and he gave it. I don't agree with what he said, but then again it's his right to feel that way.

so, it's cool to be a moronic bigot, as long as you're honest about it? :D

Why should it be wrong that he was honest? It's how he feels. I've talked to a couple of guys her at work that are black and they said it's better to have someone straight up tell us we hate blacks ot our faces then it is to pretend that it doesn't bother you.

As I stated before I don't agree with him but he was asked a question and he made sure it replied to it honestly.

Edited by cliaz

If people were genuinely accepting of homosexuality, there would be no need for people to make a big deal about coming out. Obviously people aren't, so they have to. Sports is a place where it is particularly important because I would imagine the demographic that follows it is more conservative than not. Perhaps the message, "Hey gay-hating bigot, your son may have a poster of a gay man in his bedroom. How do you like them apples? And you know what, it is really OK. I'm just doing my job and that job happens to be playing basketball.", needs to be said.

eh, it's not so much the demographic that follows sports that is unaccepting of homosexuality (WNBA?), it's sports culture itself. especially black sports culture, which is anything BUT "conservative". it sucks, but that's how it is. "black culture" promotes some of the most rancid anti-gay attitudes you'll ever see, hardaway is the latest example of someone making that particularly transparent.

This is the part that I found to be the most amusing:

As if the gay guy is just quietly waiting to pounce on one of his teammates... all he needs is for someone to stray from the pack and drop their guard, then WHAM its gay humpy time!

:D This a classic.

Why should it be wrong that he was honest?

nobody has ever said he was wrong to be honest, they are saying he is wrong to hold idiotic bigoted views. of course, nobody would know if he didn't open his trap and blab about it, but that doesn't somehow make blabbing about it commendable.

I think both of the people you quoted said they didnt agree with what he said..The word respect may have been misused but the basic jist of what they were saying is in the world of everyone being scared shatless to offend anyone with the over the top PC world we live in it was amazing to see someone stick to his guns and say what he truly felt no matter how misguided and dangerous his message was.

I think both of the people you quoted said they didnt agree with what he said..The word respect may have been misused but the basic jist of what they were saying is in the world of everyone being scared shatless to offend anyone with the over the top PC world we live in it was amazing to see someone stick to his guns and say what he truly felt no matter how misguided and dangerous his message was.

yeah, i know what they were getting at, and i totally disagree. i hate PC as much as anyone, but i hate the kind of blatant bigotry that made PC necessary even more. so if someone eschews political correctness to reveal themselves as being a total ass hole bigot, i'm going to pay more attention to the latter and the former isn't going to carry much weight with me.

That's exactly what I meant. And yes I did misused respect. Thanks Whomp. Now please delete that picture.

yeah, i know what they were getting at, and i totally disagree. i hate PC as much as anyone, but i hate the kind of blatant bigotry that made PC necessary even more. so if someone eschews political correctness to reveal themselves as being a total ass hole bigot, i'm going to pay more attention to the latter and the former isn't going to carry much weight with me.

and that's cool. that is your own view points which are valid. I on the other side of the coin. I'd rather have someone be honest then hold back. That's just me.

and that's cool. that is your own view points which are valid. I on the other side of the coin. I'd rather have someone be honest then hold back. That's just me.

+1, that's what makes us unique

I have no problems with homosexuality. It's kinda like 800-pound wimmin...just don't go waving it in my face.

I can't say I understand it though. I don't even wanna look at my own hairy ass, much less some other man's hairy ass.

I have no problems with homosexuality. It's kinda like 800-pound wimmin...just don't go waving it in my face.

I can't say I understand it though. I don't even wanna look at my own hairy ass, much less some other man's hairy ass.

:D

Yeah... I mean nobody would ever CHOOSE to be black. Right? :D

[The above comment is 100% in jest. This disclaimer should remove all doubt and cover my ass in a way that no :D ever could.]

Chris Rock once said in a concert: "There is no white man out there who would want to trade places with me, and I'm rich."

+1, that's what makes us unique

:D i'd rather he be honest too, i'm just not going to pat him on the back for being honest about what a bigot he is.

:D i'd rather he be honest too, i'm just not going to pat him on the back for being honest about what a bigot he is.

Hence why I said i don't agree with him. But it doesn't matter. I think i've beating this issue to death.

Edited by cliaz

If I showered with the cheerleaders, I would have a boner so hard I would pass out.

So I imagine some gay dude in the shower with those well hung ghetto boys probably had a salami pointing his way.

I mean, gays are the same as me only they like dudes, right?

I don't know how I could shower with a room full of nehkid chicks and not be comletely turned on 100% for the next 78 days.

Fair enough

Reminds me of an incident this summer. A bunch of us sitting around some tables out on the deck at the golf course. Some of the wives/gfs had shown up to hang around as well. Anyway...one of the guys went off on a tangent that had everyone rolling...he didn't get how a guy would be attracted to another guy, in fact, he didn't understand how a woman could be attracted to a guy. What they hell does a woman see in a guy that is attractive??? If I was a woman, no way would I want anything to do with a naked guy. I'd be a lesbian for sure!

Edited by BillyBalata