[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hardaway

Skrappy1

Thanks for reaffirming my point. Of locker rooms were coed, would guys be walking around attempting to stuff their bats into any chick that leaned down to pick up her socks?

I can honestly answer "No." It's called rape.

My first experience was at Hampshire College when I was 18 -- not only were the dorms coed, but the showers were coed. Unless you want to embarrass yourself with a stiffie, you just don't allow yourself to think about it or look at it that way, which is what I'm sure happens to gay men in a shower with men. It sorta feeds the stereotype that all gay men want to just sleep with everyone they can. Not true.

We have a pretty long history of this type of rationalization, especially illustrated in the military. Not only has the "troops don't want to shower with gays" been used to death, it wasn't that long ago that the rationale for not putting women on ships or in close quarters with men is they would get gang raped -- never happened. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that bird-flipping Abu Lindy chick molested more men than any guy ever tried to get away with.

And the same with gays, of course: The most infuriating example to me has always been throwing out the linguists because they were gay. It costs us like half a mil to train these people, and the reason they are tossed (at least when I was a linguist) was because of "security" -- a homosexual could be easily blackmailed, and since linguists have access to sensitive materials, that makes them a security risk.

Hell-ooo? If you let them come out of the closet, there's nothing to blackmail them with. And yet, we still tossed out a bunch of Arab linguists for being gay right when we needed them most, so that circular logic is still present.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I does, but race and homosexuality are two completely different topics.

might be two different topics but both get discriminated against...to me thats the irony

how do you think white athletes felt when black athletes made their way into the major leagues and had to shower together(was there ever segregation in the showers by color?)?

how do athletes today feel about homosexuals in their locker room?

i would guess that they arent so different

edit: and fwiw both are F'd up

Edited by keggerz

So the guy hates people that he doesn't know. And he doesn't want to be around people that he doesn't know. And he says that certain people that he doesn't know shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. Then he says that he doesn't want certain people as a teamate. And then he says that somebody that he doesn't know shouldn't be in the locker room while "we" are in the locker room. (Now he's a spokesman of some sort.) Then the spokesman said that the majority of players would want to be traded if a gay guy was on the team. And then he suggests that the entire team would be "worried" about the guy, and that it would be hard for the team to accept him.

So these are unquestionably bigoted views which I think that most people would agree are not admirable. Certainly not something that you would teach or encourage with your children.

Add to that that the guy is an idiot for running off at the mouth, with little prompting, thus severing any ties he may have left with the NBA and likely any sponsorship deals that he has, not to mention broadcasting to the world what a bigot he is.

So you don't fault him for this? You think that's its somehow admirable that he was so outspoken about it?

It has nothing to do with being "PC." He could have stated his dislike/discomfort with homosexuals in a different way. Its not all or nothing.

There is nothing refreshing about an idiotic bigot. There is nothing to commend him on. I don't think that you can legitimately wash it under the rug by saying that "you don't agree with it."

So the guy hates people that he doesn't know. And he doesn't want to be around people that he doesn't know. And he says that certain people that he doesn't know shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. Then he says that he doesn't want certain people as a teamate. And then he says that somebody that he doesn't know shouldn't be in the locker room while "we" are in the locker room. (Now he's a spokesman of some sort.) Then the spokesman said that the majority of players would want to be traded if a gay guy was on the team. And then he suggests that the entire team would be "worried" about the guy, and that it would be hard for the team to accept him.

So these are unquestionably bigoted views which I think that most people would agree are not admirable. Certainly not something that you would teach or encourage with your children.

Add to that that the guy is an idiot for running off at the mouth, with little prompting, thus severing any ties he may have left with the NBA and likely any sponsorship deals that he has, not to mention broadcasting to the world what a bigot he is.

So you don't fault him for this? You think that's its somehow admirable that he was so outspoken about it?

It has nothing to do with being "PC." He could have stated his dislike/discomfort with homosexuals in a different way. Its not all or nothing.

There is nothing refreshing about an idiotic bigot. There is nothing to commend him on. I don't think that you can legitimately wash it under the rug by saying that "you don't agree with it."

Okay, last time i'm going to say this. I was not commending him for saying what he said. I said, he has every right to feel the way he does, and I don't agree with what he said, but he's being honest and that is his right.

Okay, last time i'm going to say this. I was not commending him for saying what he said. I said, he has every right to feel the way he does, and I don't agree with what he said, but he's being honest and that is his right.

Sort of surprise more people don't agree with Tim "keep your" Hardaway? Showering after the game would be pretty uncomfortable, don't you think? No soap for me. :D

If teams knew that while he was playing, they would just have a gay player cover him on D.

But now we have at least 3 people that would make a great crazy reality show, Michael Richards, Mel Gibson, and Tim hardaway. Welcome to the club tim.

Edited by whitem0nkey

Sort of surprise more people don't agree with Tim "keep your" Hardaway? Showering after the game would be pretty uncomfortable, don't you think? No soap for me. :D

Or for that matter riding the subway in NY. I mean, what was that you were saying about all the homos up there, John?

This subject has really had HUGH impacts on my life and still does to this day cause I'm not one to brush things under the rug. If you only knew you probably wouldn't joke around with my comments Spain. I don't ever make remarks about you and sheep do I? Theres a reason for that, it's a sensitive subject that I've had to deal with since I was little. Making comments about gays doesn't bother me one bit, but I do get a little defensive when people that don't know me, my family or my families history make jokes. So please don't. I still love them eventhough they are gay, but they negatively impacted my life and that is something I will never forget and will take to my grave.

Sorry, Hat Trick, if you took offense at my obvious joke. I dont know you are anything about your family situation. But I would wager that most people have somebody in their family that is gay or at least a friend or 2 that is a homosexual. My sister is a full on lesbian and has been our entire lives. So what? It never bothered me a bit and I have known alot of gay people through her and used to hang out in several dyke bars with her. I was actually the best man in her wedding with her now ex-wife! :D It is a prevalent thing in human beings and not something that should be scorned, discriminated against, or in any way ridiculed. That said, it is fun to insinuate that people are butt pirates on a message board like the huddle.

One thing that I find hypocritical is when blacks, or other historical discriminated against groups, try to justify their bigoted views toward homo's by saying that nobody chooses to be black, etc. Hey Sambo Hardaway, guess what? Nobody chooses to be gay either. Who would choose to be gay? NOBODY thats who. These people didnt choose to be attracted to their own sex anymore than we hetero men chose to be attracted to women. You never sat down and said, "you know what? From now on, I am going to love chicks with big tits and a full ass". Nope, we just were. Gays are the same way. That is why blacks like Hardaway are the epitome of hypocrites, but rarely do they get called on it.

And what makes me even angrier is the outpouring of hatred from christians. They basically tell homo's that they are living in sin for being what God made them. Again, this isnt a lifestyle choice, it is a nature that people are born with. I didnt choose to like women anymore than that amechi dude chose to like men. Its how we were wired back en utero. So, how can it be a sin? I would say denying your nature, the way God made you, would be more of a sin. For a religion that is supposed to be based on "Love they neighbor as yourself", christianity sure has developed alot of hate.

Edited by spain

Sorry, Hat Trick, if you took offense at my obvious joke. I dont know you are anything about your family situation. But I would wager that most people have somebody in their family that is gay or at least a friend or 2 that is a homosexual. My sister is a full on lesbian and has been our entire lives. So what? It never bothered me a bit and I have known alot of gay people through her and used to hang out in several dyke bars with her. I was actually the best man in her wedding with her now ex-wife! :D It is a prevalent thing in human beings and not something that should be scorned, discriminated against, or in any way ridiculed. That said, it is fun to insinuate that people are butt pirates on a message board like the huddle.

One thing that I find hypocritical is when blacks, or other historical discriminated against groups, try to justify their bigoted views toward homo's by saying that nobody chooses to be black, etc. Hey Sambo Hardaway, guess what? Nobody chooses to be gay either. Who would choose to be gay? NOBODY thats who. These people didnt choose to be attracted to their own sex anymore than we hetero men chose to be attracted to women. You never sat down and said, "you know what? I know I am going to love chicks with big tits and a full ass". Nope, we just were. Gays are the same way. That is why blacks like Hardaway are the epitome of hypocrites, both rarely do they get called on it.

And what makes me even angrier is the outpouring of hatred from christians. They basically tell homo's that they are living in sin for being what God made them. Again, this isnt a lifestyle choice, it is a nature that people are born with. I didnt choose to like women anymore than that amechi dude chose to like men. Its how we were wired back en utero. So, how can it be a sin? I would say denying your nature, the way God made you, would be more of a sin. For a religion that is supposed to be based on "Love they neighbor as yourself", christianity sure has developed alot of hate.

This could be your best post ever Spain

Or for that matter riding the subway in NY. I mean, what was that you were saying about all the homos up there, John?

To me the responses by Tim "keep your" Hardaway would be a typically answer I think most athletes would give if you asked them. Doesn't make it right, but I would wager if you went into any HS locker room and told the boys you were gay none would volunteer to share a locker next to you.

To me the responses by Tim "keep your" Hardaway would be a typically answer I think most athletes would give if you asked them. Doesn't make it right, but I would wager if you went into any HS locker room and told the boys you were gay none would volunteer to share a locker next to you.

Well, not if gay men feel the same way about high-school boys as I do about high-school girls... :D

I would wager if you went into any HS locker room and told the boys you were gay none would volunteer to share a locker next to you.

What does that say about our society that even our children are taught to loathe and despise people for simply being honest?

Maybe.

But I'll wager that, by the end of the season, nobody would give a rat's ass.

Don't you think the words loathe and despise are a little strong words Maybe a better choice of words might be sympathize & empathize.

If they were taught to sympathize and empathize, then they would have no problem sharing a locker next to them.

One thing that I find hypocritical is when blacks, or other historical discriminated against groups, try to justify their bigoted views toward homo's by saying that nobody chooses to be black, etc. Hey Sambo Hardaway, guess what? Nobody chooses to be gay either. Who would choose to be gay? NOBODY thats who. These people didnt choose to be attracted to their own sex anymore than we hetero men chose to be attracted to women. You never sat down and said, "you know what? From now on, I am going to love chicks with big tits and a full ass". Nope, we just were. Gays are the same way. That is why blacks like Hardaway are the epitome of hypocrites, but rarely do they get called on it.

Spain, this post could win the Pulitzer Prize. Great piece of writing.