[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Windows Vista Update

DMD

I never like to be on the bleeding edge of software releases, especially when talking about an operating system.

Years ago when I chose pc vs apple there were 2 major factors in my decision:

1) Corporate America chose pc over mac. That meant that every day at work I'd be using a pc NOT a mac. It also meant that, IMO, it was likely that pcs would have a much broader base of use, support and development.

2) There was a significantly larger amount of applications availalbe for the PC over the mac.

I have never looked back and see absolutely no reason to switch to an Apple ... as even today those factors are still somewhat true.

If someone in this country would grow some ya-yas, and act on the obvious, this stuff would go away. MS is a monopoly, and until something is done about that, nothing will improve. Name me one other industry that continually puts products out on the market that have known and major flaws, and waits for the customer to do all of the leg work towards fixing the flaws.

If someone in this country would grow some ya-yas, and act on the obvious, this stuff would go away. MS is a monopoly, and until something is done about that, nothing will improve. Name me one other industry that continually puts products out on the market that have known and major flaws, and waits for the customer to do all of the leg work towards fixing the flaws.

Government?

This phenomena is not restricted to the software industry although M$ proved that the American buying public is nothing more than stupid sheep. Marketing and advertising work to get the hype flowing, at that point it is more important to be first to market than it is to have a perfect product. Stupid consumers will pay for somthing that is obviously broken somtimes for the sake of being first to have it. We have no one but ourselves to blame.

BTW, haven't you ever heard of "don't buy the first model release or the first year of a major redesign of a car?" It it always filled with small flaws. It's one of the major reasons that I bough my Vette in 04 rather than wait for the C6 to come out in 05.

BTW, haven't you ever heard of "don't buy the first model release or the first year of a major redesign of a car?" It it always filled with small flaws. It's one of the major reasons that I bough my Vette in 04 rather than wait for the C6 to come out in 05.

It all makes sense now. You buy GM products as well as MS products.

I'm sorry if I was being difficult on you before. I didn't realize the daily challenges you had to face in your life.

:D

It all makes sense now. You buy GM products as well as MS products.

I'm sorry if I was being difficult on you before. I didn't realize the daily challenges you had to face in your life.

:D

Yes, but I'm technically proficient in working on both, something most others aren't. Of course, it was by necessity that I became that way. :D

This phenomena is not restricted to the software industry although M$ proved that the American buying public is nothing more than stupid sheep.

Not necessarily. The great American public is also heavily influenced by price and beyond a doubt, Microsoft can claim the credit for making computing available to the masses.

Not necessarily. The great American public is also heavily influenced by price and beyond a doubt, Microsoft can claim the credit for making computing available to the masses.

Indeed. Also consider that back in the early and mid '90s, Apple was putting out mediocre computers and operating systems and charging out the ass for them. Their arrogance and stupidity opened up the door for Microsoft and Intel.

Ah yes, finally get Vista working somewhat (though they have screwed up Access 2007 obtw) and instead of watching the Oscars, figure I will watch a DVD from Netflix instead while I do some work. "Who shot the Red Barron?". And...

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

Brand new freaking computer and MICROSOFT'S own Media Player cannot play a DVD. And I am all caught up on all windows updates...

:D:D:tup:

Ha. You lie. There are only 95, not 100.

Maybe they sold out of 5... :D

Brand new freaking computer and MICROSOFT'S own Media Player cannot play a DVD.

I am sorry my friend... but I think there are several of us with no sympathy. I have a few extra Power DVD 6.0 OEM discs if you want one....

Technicallly, there are no DVD decoders that are 'free' per say... it's just a matter of codecs, or the software I mentioned above.

Maybe they sold out of 5... :D

I am sorry my friend... but I think there are several of us with no sympathy. I have a few extra Power DVD 6.0 OEM discs if you want one....

Technicallly, there are no DVD decoders that are 'free' per say... it's just a matter of codecs, or the software I mentioned above.

Could try VCL Media player, it's free and will play almost any format. It's not appealing but it does the trick.

I'd recommend TheatreTEK.