[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

slick raking it in on the speech circuit

dmarc117

Lmfao...Clinton is in it for himself and you know it. Nothing wrong with that, but do not think for a minute that he is anything but your typical greedy politician.

:D

Bill Clinton has amassed millions in speaking fees

Most speeches are for no fee or for donations to his nonprofit foundation.

WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton, who came to the White House with modest means and left deeply in debt, has collected nearly $40 million in speaking fees over the past six years, according to interviews and financial disclosure statements filed by his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

Last year, one of his most lucrative since leaving the presidency, Clinton earned $9 million to $10 million on the lecture circuit. He averaged almost a speech a day -- 352 for the year -- but only about 20 percent were for personal income. The others were for no fee or for donations to the William J. Clinton Foundation, the nonprofit group he founded to pursue causes such as the fight against AIDS.

His paid speeches included $150,000 appearances before landlord groups, biotechnology firms and food distributors as well as speeches in England, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia that netted him more than $1.6 million. On one particularly good day in Canada, Clinton made $475,000 for two speeches, more than double his annual salary as president.

"I never had a nickel to my name until I got out of the White House, and now I'm a millionaire, the most favored person for the Washington Republicans," he told a friendly audience in Kentucky last fall. "I get a tax cut every year, no matter what our needs are."

Indeed, the Clintons -- who left the White House with an estimated $12 million in legal debts rung up during the Whitewater, campaign fundraising and Monica Lewinsky investigations -- are worth an estimated $10 million to $50 million, according to Hillary Clinton's most recent disclosure form. That is primarily because of the speaking fees and the seven-figure book deals that both Clintons signed shortly after leaving the White House.

The fortune they have amassed gives the Clintons a nest egg for the first time, and it allows them to tap into that wealth for a campaign if Hillary Clinton forgoes public financing in her race for president. It also suggests a sometimes close connection between their personal finances and her political career.

Tell me, do you spend 80% of your time working essentially for free?

I would if I made a bazillion dollars the other 20% of the time.

No I don't. But if I made 40 mil ove six years I might. So nice comparison lib.

So we can expect to see all your heroes doing the same thing, can we? :D

Excellent. I look forward to it.

Tell me, do you spend 80% of your time working essentially for free?

I would if I made a bazillion dollars the other 20% of the time.

No I don't. But if I made 40 mil ove six years I might. So nice comparison lib.

These two responses are excellent news. They demonstrate that we have no need to worry at all about being on the backward bending portion of the Laffer Curve. Therefore we can jack up marginal tax rates to 80% for the richest people in America without fear of harming economic growth, because the rich people will be perfectly happy working for only 20% of their gross income.

I have just solved the American budget crises for at least the next 100 years.

You are the idiot. You really think it is legit to ask me what I would do with my time? That is a great comparison. However, if you believe that Clinton is just speaking to benefit others...then please stand behind Randall and Ursa in the blind liberal line. I can't wait for your next post. I am sure it will actually address the question. Just like your previous post. Let me guess what name you will use next time....hmmmm?

I know it's pointless conversing with you, since if you had one more IQ point you'd be equivalent to a carrot, but would you care to explain how the 80% of speeches Clinton makes for free benefit him personally? He makes a boatload off the 20% where he does get paid personally but how is that contrary to good old Republican free enterprise principles exactly?

Would you also care to refute Wiegie's point above about taxing the rich at 80% because you clearly stated that you'd work for free 80% of the time if you earned that money?

Or are you just going to foam at the mouth and make a twat of yourself as usual?

You are the idiot. You really think it is legit to ask me what I would do with my time? That is a great comparison. However, if you believe that Clinton is just speaking to benefit others...then please stand behind Randall and Ursa in the blind liberal line. I can't wait for your next post. I am sure it will actually address the question. Just like your previous post. Let me guess what name you will use next time....hmmmm?

Zip it, Megan Foxie Howser.

Not only are you the most despised poster at the Huddle, you are also the stupidest.

Net-net.

These two responses are excellent news. They demonstrate that we have no need to worry at all about being on the backward bending portion of the Laffer Curve. Therefore we can jack up marginal tax rates to 80% for the richest people in America without fear of harming economic growth, because the rich people will be perfectly happy working for only 20% of their gross income.

I have just solved the American budget crises for at least the next 100 years.

Unfortunately, that won't make much of a dent in the tax burden that the middle class shoulders to fund Medicaid and other entitlements.