[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BSG

cliaz

Warning Spoiler***

Poop

I don't understand what they are getting at this season. First off all of this depressing character development isn't moving the show forward at all and then out of nowhere they kill off a main character and give all this backgroudn into her mother that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Am I missing something? Did anyone else thing that episode was :D at best? What a waste of killing off a character.

I expected something more grand....less....

....fuzzy.....

........fuzzy

I don't understand what they are getting at this season. First off all of this depressing character development isn't moving the show forward at all and then out of nowhere they kill off a main character and give all this backgroudn into her mother that just doesn't make sense to me at all. Am I missing something? Did anyone else thing that episode was :D at best? What a waste of killing off a character.

I expected something more grand....less....

....fuzzy.....

........fuzzy

SPOILERS AHEAD:

The background stuff on Starbuck's abusive mother was interesting, but why didn't they use it earlier in the series?

I totally agree about what you said. They did waste the death of a main character. Why didn't she die in some big frackin' battle or while trying to save somebody else or something? Why does the best pilot in the fleet crash the way she did? She could have ejected, right? Did she really have to die? Was the Cylon ship really there or was it her imagination? There has got to be more to this, right? :D

END SPOILERS

I'm almost ready to stop watching this slow-moving and depressing show. The writers have lost focus and the episodes make me :D .

Just for the record I don't think we've seen the last of Starbuck. I'm not sure how the writers will do it, but she will be back.

Ther's no doubt in my mind that Starbuck is one of the final five. It's about time the writers reavealed one of them. I wish they'd get back to Caprica and Lucy Lawless making it though. Sadly, I believe that the Shark is in the rearview mirror now.

This one sucked so bad, I just listened to it while I played Madden. The last 3 or 4 weeks have sucked. If it doesn't pick back up, I'm going to have to find something better to do with my time. For the record, I think Starbuck is still alive.

This one sucked so bad, I just listened to it while I played Madden. The last 3 or 4 weeks have sucked. If it doesn't pick back up, I'm going to have to find something better to do with my time. For the record, I think Starbuck is still alive.

agreed. I was totally doing something else but listening to it. Not impresse with the past 5 weeks :D

Well I enjoyed that episode just because they are finally moving back to the whole finding Earth thing.

Starbuck isn't dead, I think its 50/50 on whether she's a Cylon or ejected and was picked up by the raider. Dark Horse theory: That the cloud was some kind of transportation thing and she shot into Middle Earth to fight a Balroc and return as Starbuck the White .

It would fulfill 2 of the season's promos - someone dies and someone finds out they are a cylon - all in one character.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Starbuck isn't dead, I think its 50/50 on whether she's a Cylon or ejected and was picked up by the raider.

I like the theory that she ejected and was picked up by the raider. :D

First thing, the did lightly touch on her past before. When she was in the farm, the black, bald cylon (who we've not seen since) outlined all the abuse that was evident. That was revisited again.

Second, I remember an interview between the mini-series and season one that mentioned the original series Ship of Light crap. Maybe they are going in that direction, as the original Starbuck was also thought to be dead but was on a Ship of Light.

I think there is zero chance the Starbuck character is gone. She either come back as a Cylon, a Final Five, a Ship of Light being, a Goddess reborn or ejected and was picked up by the raider.

Also, at the very end, when they showed Apollo's point of view. When he finally sighted Starbucks Viper and said 'visual', you could also see the Raider from this point of view. Makes me believe he did see the Raider at that point.

First thing, the did lightly touch on her past before. When she was in the farm, the black, bald cylon (who we've not seen since) outlined all the abuse that was evident. That was revisited again.

Second, I remember an interview between the mini-series and season one that mentioned the original series Ship of Light crap. Maybe they are going in that direction, as the original Starbuck was also thought to be dead but was on a Ship of Light.

I think there is zero chance the Starbuck character is gone. She either come back as a Cylon, a Final Five, a Ship of Light being, a Goddess reborn or ejected and was picked up by the raider.

Also, at the very end, when they showed Apollo's point of view. When he finally sighted Starbucks Viper and said 'visual', you could also see the Raider from this point of view. Makes me believe he did see the Raider at that point.

Good point. In the original series they had two scripts written that some chick died and came back as a godess Aphrodite. It was called "Eye of God" I believe.

I like the theory that she ejected and was picked up by the raider. :D

Yeah, Sci-Fi is infamous for this kind of chicanery. Nary an episode goes by in the Stargate shows where someone appears to die, but oops, we didn't show you that secret escape hatch/Star Trek beam/alien rescue/god intervention that lets them live on.

Yeah, Sci-Fi is infamous for this kind of chicanery. Nary an episode goes by in the Stargate shows where someone appears to die, but oops, we didn't show you that secret escape hatch/Star Trek beam/alien rescue/god intervention that lets them live on.

It's the Batman's belt school of writing. Batman always had the right tool on his belt at the right time. Starbuck isn't dead. If she is, it's a stupid way to kill off a main character. It would be along the lines of Adabesi slipping in the shower and dying.

This was the first episode I remember fast-forwarding. I might just let the episodes build up on the Tivo and catch up later.

It's the Batman's belt school of writing. Batman always had the right tool on his belt at the right time. Starbuck isn't dead. If she is, it's a stupid way to kill off a main character. It would be along the lines of Adabesi slipping in the shower and dying.

This was the first episode I remember fast-forwarding. I might just let the episodes build up on the Tivo and catch up later.

Dude I was suprised as hell when adabesi died. That was an awesome season cliff hanger. Almost as good as the borg.

There's still this whole Eye of Jupiter thing too. The first time Startbuck flew into that cloud spiral after the Raider, it did seem as if there was different colors in the clouds, like the Eye. This seems to be a recurring theme with Starbuck, maybe she is gonna come back as some kind of goddess to show them the way.

Good Info Here...

And Here...

I had a little time at lunch today and came across these sites. The first is an interview with a writer and executive producer of the show.

The second is a fan site with some pretty good information on the series and cast....

Great sites!! :D I enjoyed reading the articles (one confirms that season four is definite) and the radio interview with Katee Sackhoff sheds a little light on Starbuck's future. Seems to me Starbuck will be back for sure.

Has anybody checked out the season 3 gag reel?

At one point Katee Sackhoff says something that probably is the answer to wether or not she's really dead.I don't want to spoil it for those that don't want to know,so here is the link to the reel.

WARNING-SOME LANGUAGE-MAY NOT BE WORK FRIENDLY

Edited by Sox

So, I guess the trial is about to start. :D

I didn't even watch sunday's episode until yesterday. And I only watched it in 10 minute blocks because it was so freaking boring.

In fact what the hell was going on in that episode? Dude has a problem with stealing so Lee falls in love with him?