[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hankk's Corner

Hankk

My sides are shaved pretty much..What she means is I have to grow out the shaved sides unless I go buzz cut if I plan on getting a short haircut that blends. Plus I wanted to use my Carmine from Laverne and Shirley reference

Do you have a mullet?

I did appreciate the reference. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boxers or briefs?

Personal preference. Although if you are trying to get somebody pregnant, you might want to wear boxers.

Boxerbriefs, best of both worlds. :D

My sides are shaved pretty much..What she means is I have to grow out the shaved sides unless I go buzz cut if I plan on getting a short haircut that blends. Plus I wanted to use my Carmine from Laverne and Shirley reference

Whomper sports a mullet! :D

Edited by rajncajn

Dear Hankk,

Which Smiths album is the best? The pundits typically go with The Queen is Dead, although I'm more partial to Meat Is Murder. Of course, this is assuming that the Louder Than Bombs double-album compilation that was only released in America doesn't count.

Sincerely,

Swerski

Dear Hankk,

Which Smiths album is the best? The pundits typically go with The Queen is Dead, although I'm more partial to Meat Is Murder. Of course, this is assuming that the Louder Than Bombs double-album compilation that was only released in America doesn't count.

Sincerely,

Swerski

I rarely answer nonfashion/style/grooming questions, but I'll make an exception in this case.

I like the self-titled album from 1984 the best. Although, if you count compilations, it'd have to be Hatful of Hollow.

You really can't go wrong.

I ususllay get my hair cut by a middle-aged woman. We'll call her Gerri, because that's her name. Gerri is reasonably attractive, for a woman her age, but not a head-turner by any stretch. She cuts my hair very nicely, given what she has to work with (can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and all that nonsense).

The chair next to Gerri in the same salon is a girl named Terry - about twenty years old, very attractive with full luscious lips and a body to die for. And she dresses very provocatively, and all I can think about is her cutting my hair and waving those boobies in my face while she's doing it. I really have no idea if Terry is any good at what she does.

It's a Seinfeld-like dilemma, except that it's real. Would I be making a mistake to switch? And if not, how do I make the move from Gerri-to-Terry without offending Gerri?

I ususllay get my hair cut by a middle-aged woman. We'll call her Gerri, because that's her name. Gerri is reasonably attractive, for a woman her age, but not a head-turner by any stretch. She cuts my hair very nicely, given what she has to work with (can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and all that nonsense).

The chair next to Gerri in the same salon is a girl named Terry - about twenty years old, very attractive with full luscious lips and a body to die for. And she dresses very provocatively, and all I can think about is her cutting my hair and waving those boobies in my face while she's doing it. I really have no idea if Terry is any good at what she does.

It's a Seinfeld-like dilemma, except that it's real. Would I be making a mistake to switch? And if not, how do I make the move from Gerri-to-Terry without offending Gerri?

A few minutes of boobies in the face are not worth four weeks of a bad haircut.

Find out if Terry can has skills first.

A few minutes of boobies in the face are not worth four weeks of a bad haircut.

Agreed if you're single.

But if you've been married for some time, have had the same pair of boobies in your face for years, and aren't trying to impress other women with your haircut, a change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered. :D

Agreed if you're single.

But if you've been married for some time, have had the same pair of boobies in your face for years, and aren't trying to impress other women with your haircut, a change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered. :D

Swerski: are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Yup: a strip club with barber chairs!

I'm not sure about the baldness thing.

But I think that baseball caps are pretty much like tennis shoes when it comes to when you should be wearing them. In the case of caps, you can add plowing a field to the list.

That is pure genius, Hankk! Would I be too forward to say that I'd be willing to add you to my Christmas card list for such insight? :D

My wife insists that my habit of wearing baseball style caps will eventually cause baldness. Does she have any basis to make such a claim.

No.

Carry on, Hankk.

Do you have a mullet?

Whomper sports a mullet! :tup:

:D Take it easy there Karate Kid its all one length thank you very much..No short on top long in the back..Although I do enjoy nascar lately :D

Hankk,

I wear suits for work a couple of times a week. I have braces for these suits, but I don't where them anymore. Is that style still in? And what should the braces match, shoes or suit?

Hankk,

I wear suits for work a couple of times a week. I have braces for these suits, but I don't where them anymore. Is that style still in? And what should the braces match, shoes or suit?

I think that they'll always be accepted in a serious business setting (provided, of course, you don't have illustrations of animals on them or whatnot).

I think that they need to coordinate with your suit, shirt and tie. I think that the shoes come into play only if the braces have a leather component. If the braces have a significant amount of black leather, for instance, you wouldn't want to wear them with a brown belt and brown shoes.

I don't wear them though so I haven't really considered this until now.

Hankk,

Are braces the same thing as suspenders?

:D

There was talk of mullets and nascar , indicating / alluding to redneck behavior ...I threw in my full set of teeth comment as a redneck joke or reference

No biggie

Hank , can grown men wear galoshes or is better to just to be more manly and let your feet / socks get wet in the rain

Are braces the same thing as suspenders?

As I understand it, in general, braces is the term preferred by the English, while Americans prefer suspenders. However, I think that it is common for people to make the following distinction:

Braces are fastened to your trousers with buttons.

Suspenders are clipped to your trousers.

The former, if tasteful, are appropriate. The latter are never tasteful, and, unless you're a farmer in the field, should not be worn.

Hank , can grown men wear galoshes or is better to just to be more manly and let your feet / socks get wet in the rain

What do you mean by "galoshes?"