[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hankk's Corner

Hankk

Hello boys -

I received a request for another installment of Hankk's Corner, so I thought that I'd give it a shot. I'll be here periodically throughout the day to answer your questions about style or fashion. Please feel free to chime in.

Fire away. :D

Hankk's Tip of the Day: Unless you are a contractor on the job or the like, take that cell phone off of your belt. Put it in pocket, preferably your jacket pocket.

BTW - your "clever" questions and comments aren't that clever. I promise.

Edited by Hankk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hankk..I have had long hair since the 8th grade..It has gone from crazy long in the band days to now a short ponytail with shaved sides..Every year I say im going to cut it then I just dont..My wife is a hair dresser..She says if Im going to cut it short I need to grow out the sides so she can layer it..This will result in me looking like Carmine from Laverne and shirley for a few months..Anyway..I was thinking along the lines of a Long short haircut..Long hair but cut in a short style if you can visualize what im talking about..What do you think ? Go fully short or dabble ?

Edited by whomper

What are your thoughts on fake Rolex and TAG's?

I really don't know what to say about them, except I would never wear one. They are likely poorly made, which, in and of itself, is a reason not to buy one. Everybody who knows anything is going to realize that they are fake. They just scream that you're some type of wanna-be, I suppose.

Lame or unseemly is probably the best way to describe the sporting of such an item.

Hankk..I have had long hair since the 8th grade..It has gone from crazy long in the band days to now a short ponytail with shaved sides..Every year I say im going to cut it then I just dont..My wife is a hair dresser..She says if Im going to cut it short I need to grow out the sides so she can layer it..This will result in me looking like Carmine from Laverne and shirley for a few months..Anyway..I was thinking along the lines of a Long short haircut..Long hair but cut in a short style if you can visualize what im talking about..What do you think ? Go fully short or dabble ?

Congratulations on your decision to sport an adult haircut. :D

You need to grow your hair long before you can cut it short? I'm not sure that I know what you are talking about.

If your wife is a hairdresser, I'd listen to her. But it seems to me that you should cut it short all over - perhaps shorter than you ultimately want it - and let it grow out a bit. Unless you're in a boy band, the uneven look probably isn't for you.

Dear Hankk,

I have a jean jacket from the early 90s that I swear is still in style. My fiancee claims otherwise. Can you set her straight? Thanks in advance.

Doggy

I am not aware of a trend toward denim jackets. My personal opinion is that if you're an adult, you eschew a denim jacket unless you're a cowboy.

Hankk

The other night I wore a shirt that went well with my brown belt, but I had black socks-so I wore black shoes. Mrs. PD made me go change my socks and put my brown shoes on? Correct or not-Thanks PD.

I'm kind of confused here. Why would you try to coordinate a shirt with a belt? Seems kind of overkill to me.

As a rule, your socks should compliment your trousers, which, in most cases, means match. The color of your shoes depends on the color of your trousers. I'm assuming that your wife made you put on brown socks and brown shoes. If brown complimented your trousers, then she was correct.

I'm kind of confused here. Why would you try to coordinate a shirt with a belt? Seems kind of overkill to me.

As a rule, your socks should compliment your trousers, which, in most cases, means match. The color of your shoes depends on the color of your trousers. I'm assuming that your wife made you put on brown socks and brown shoes. If brown complimented your trousers, then she was correct.

Thanks-I figured she was.

Dear Hankk,

I had knee replacement surgery at the end of January and have been required to wear stockings to prevent the possiblity of blood clots. I have since downgraded from the thigh hi to the knee hi. The other day it was 80 degrees and I wore shorts with my stockings to my PT appointment. Does it make me ghey to wear those, NTTAWWT.

TIA

T_bone65

Dear Hankk,

I had knee replacement surgery at the end of January and have been required to wear stockings to prevent the possiblity of blood clots. I have since downgraded from the thigh hi to the knee hi. The other day it was 80 degrees and I wore shorts with my stockings to my PT appointment. Does it make me ghey to wear those, NTTAWWT.

TIA

T_bone65

Well, it's not something that I would do, but I don't think that its "ghey." To a certain extent, I think that you get a pass due to your medical condition.

dear Hankk,

A few years back I saw Michael Jackson goes to court dressed like captain crunch, but a friend of mine said he should have dressed like a leprecon. What is the proper court room attire for someone like mr. Jackson?

thanks,

Whitem0nkey

PS not related to Bubbles

Congratulations on your decision to sport an adult haircut. :D

You need to grow your hair long before you can cut it short? I'm not sure that I know what you are talking about.

My sides are shaved pretty much..What she means is I have to grow out the shaved sides unless I go buzz cut if I plan on getting a short haircut that blends. Plus I wanted to use my Carmine from Laverne and Shirley reference

Dear Hankk,

TIA

T_bone65

:D

I sweat a lot so I like to wear t-shirts... what are the do's and don'ts for when I should wear a v-neck undershirt vs. a crew-neck undershirt?

I'm not sure that there are any "do's and don'ts." It depends on whether you want the collar to show or anticipate that it will show.

Can you ever be too old to wear Vans? With very casual dress, obviously.

I suppose it depends what they look like. If they're in a crazy checkerboard pattern or the like, I'd say yes. If they're solid/relatively sedate, I'd say no.

But, the only time that you should be wearing them is when your are skateboarding, or participating in some type of sporting activity or maybe working around the house.

My wife insists that my habit of wearing baseball style caps will eventually cause baldness. Does she have any basis to make such a claim. (I have been wearing them for over 40 years now with no signs of baldness).

I'm not sure about the baldness thing.

But I think that baseball caps are pretty much like tennis shoes when it comes to when you should be wearing them. In the case of caps, you can add plowing a field to the list.