[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A-Rod Comes Through!

irish

Bottom of the ninth, Yanks down 7-6, 2 outs, bases loaded, A-Rod strolls to the plate and on a 1-2 count smashes one over the centerfield wall in the black zone. Yankee Stadium blows up with all the emotion. What a moment!!!! And it was all done with 2 outs and no one on the bases. Most of you, especially Yankee haters, will probably respond with, "Well, it's about time!" But I just feel good for A-Rod. :D:D

Posted this here 5 minutes after posting it in the correct forum. :D

The Masters is one thing, a regular season baseball game is quite another. :D

I realized not many would probably see it in the other (correct) forum. So "One" misplaced post in here won't kill you, especially because it's about the Yanks. It was a BIG moment that I and probably many Yankee fans are pumped about. By the way I got a flat tire can you help me change it? :tup: Right back at ya! :doh:

Bottom of the ninth, Yanks down 7-6, 2 outs, bases loaded, A-Rod strolls to the plate and on a 1-2 count smashes one over the centerfield wall in the black zone. Yankee Stadium blows up with all the emotion. What a moment!!!! And it was all done with 2 outs and no one on the bases. Most of you, especially Yankee haters, will probably respond with, "Well, it's about time!" But I just feel good for A-Rod. :D:D

I didn't know that the baseball playoffs had started already. Well, good for A-rod. It's about time he got a meaningful hit in a playoff game.

I didn't know that the baseball playoffs had started already. Well, good for A-rod. It's about time he got a meaningful hit in a playoff game.

A-Rod probably feels like he just won the World Series!! :D

I realized not many would probably see it in the other (correct) forum. So "One" misplaced post in here won't kill you, especially because it's about the Yanks. It was a BIG moment that I and probably many Yankee fans are pumped about. By the way I got a flat tire can you help me change it? :D Right back at ya! :tup:

I hang out here to hide from baseball :D

edited to add: AND Yankees fans

Edited by Duchess Jack

I hang out here to hide from baseball :D

edited to add: AND Yankees fans

Well, I don't usually post out of forum but I made an exception in this case. Won't happen again. And I'm glad to hear we Yankee fans agitate you. :tup::D

Mr. April/May comes through again!

:doh:

Yeah well he wasn't even Mr Clutch during those months in the past, so hopefully this starts something.

:D:D:tup: And he was 4 for 4 with 2 HR's and had 6 RBI's!! Nice to see the fan's cheering for him, but they will probably be booing him tomorrow!

Yeah chances are good for that but this was a Hugh moment for him.

I think way to much is made out of Rodriguez playoff performances.he has a playoff career 362 OBP and a 485 career SLG% in the playoffs. I mean it aint Babe Ruth numbers but it is adequate. in league championship series where is teams are 0-3 he has a 413 OBP and a 611 SLG%. IMO people expect way to much. I am sure it is more his last 2 years in the playoffs people are whining about but IMO the bigger problems were his teams respective 4.40 and 5.56 ERA in the playoffs in those years.

So...irish is a cowboy fan and a spankee fan? Another one of those bandwagon fans, uh?

No doubt...... I'm sure he is a Bulls/Celtics/Lakers/Pistons fan as well. I'm assuming he is a Notre Dame college football fan, probably a Duke or UNC college basketball fan.

Edited by Menudo

The Masters is one thing, a regular season baseball game is quite another. :tup:

What do you expect from a guy who craves attention in a very creepy way. Let me guess, he probably said "Oh well, one misplaced post won't hurt you." which is what he says everytime he posts some chain email that's been posted here before etc - which he does twice a month.

Pah-Thet-Tic. :D:doh:

So...irish is a cowboy fan and a spankee fan? Another one of those bandwagon fans, uh?

Absolutely not. I was a Cowboy fan from birth because the rest of my family, most importantly my grandmother was, as she loved Landry. I got murdered for years when the Cowboys went 3-13 and 1-15 in the late 80's. But thankfully things quickly turned around and I got to celebrate some nice Championships, unfortunately my grandmother had already passed and so she missed them. Same deal when it comes to the Yankees.

Edited by irish

Absolutely not. I was a Cowboy fan from birth because the rest of my family, most importantly my grandmother was, as she loved Landry. I got murdered for years when the Cowboys went 3-13 and 1-15 in the late 80's. But thankfully things quickly turned around and I got to celebrate some nice Championships, unfortunately my grandmother had already passed and so she missed them. Same deal when it comes to the Yankess.

Who are your other favorite teams ?

Who are your other favorite teams ?

I really only enjoy Football and Baseball. But my family was full of Knick fans. Obviously, we're Irish so we've taken a liking to ND.

Listen I don't crucify you or anyone else for your/their allegiances to their teams, so you enjoy yours and let me enjoy mine. I'm not going to continue to defend who I like, why I like them and when I started rooting for them. Those are the teams I run with good or bad and they've all gone through the roller coaster rides and I've been aboard my whole life. :D

I really only enjoy Football and Baseball. But my family was full of Knick fans. Obviously, we're Irish so we've taken a liking to ND.

Listen I don't crucify you or anyone else for your/their allegiances to their teams, so you enjoy yours and let me enjoy mine. I'm not going to continue to defend who I like, why I like them and when I started rooting for them. Those are the teams I run with good or bad and they've all gone through the roller coaster rides and I've been aboard my whole life. :D

It's too easy..... :D

All Yankee "fans" are scumsucking turds. With ESPN in your pocket, all you did last year was whine about Morneau beating out Jeter for MVP and Santana beating out Wang. :D

Guess what? It doesn't all revolve around you, you cheating piles of rats droppings.

It's too easy..... :D

Yeah I know.... :D:doh: Thanks. :tup:

I evacuate my bowels on all Yankees and their mindless "fans". :D

All Yankee "fans" are scumsucking turds. With ESPN in your pocket, all you did last year was whine about Morneau beating out Jeter for MVP and Santana beating out Wang. :D

Guess what? It doesn't all revolve around you, you cheating piles of rats droppings.

All I can do is laugh at these responses as I enjoyed the creative, descriptive writing. :tup: Sorry you're so bitter.

The Masters is one thing, a regular season baseball game is quite another. :D

So, like I said before Puddy my post in the "correct" forum got 12 views and more than half of them are mine. Oh and nobody is even in the other forum and that's why I posted here.

All I can do is laugh at these responses as I enjoyed the creative, descriptive writing. :D Sorry you're so bitter.

Why are Yankees fans proud ? They have the highest payroll every single year. Last year, the left side of their infield made more than the entire Pirates 25 man roster. So, any year that they don't win the World Series, they have under-achieved. I love baseball, but, until it becomes a league where each team is on a level playing field, it will never come anywhere near the NFL for me.