[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much to donate to my neighbors?

TimC

Exactly...if they are taking collections to help pay for things when he could just sell his rims instead, then don't feel too bad for them...

:D I agree. What the f'k's the prioity here? Your kid's health or a new set of spinnerz? This sh*t really pisses me off. I feel bad for the little girl though. If you make a donation, I'd make sure it goes to where it's supposed to go. Sell one of the vehicles and replace it with a car that's good enough to get around in. Sheez! :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds fishy to me. They are living beyond their means for material stuff, and you folks feel obligated in some way to help with medical bills.

Can you designate the contribution to the hospital, or (gulp) the insurance agency? That way, el mexicano can't use your cash toward a new set of rims. Either that or I go for the meals approach. I would NOT just donate unlabelled cash.

That's 'cause you are a racist. :D:D

If you can trust the opinion of a guy who comes by the nickname "Chavez" honestly, it was pretty f'in funny. Ya turd.

This sounds fishy to me. They are living beyond their means for material stuff, and you folks feel obligated in some way to help with medical bills.

Can you designate the contribution to the hospital, or (gulp) the insurance agency? That way, el mexicano can't use your cash toward a new set of rims. Either that or I go for the meals approach. I would NOT just donate unlabelled cash.

I agree - help out in a non-cash way.

If they don't like it, tell them to f*ck off.

ok folks, hold on. they don't NEED help for the medical bills, i assume they have insurance. they aren't ASKING for anything, as best as i can tell. they had an unfortunate incident, and the neighbors are getting together to offer a friendly gesture of support to help offset any of the travel/hotel/food type expenses they might have had dealing with hospital visits and the like. if you're worried about whether they're gonna spend that 20 bucks to get a "la cucaracha" horn for their low rider, then you should just keep your money because my guess is they probably wouldn't want the "neighborly support" from you anyway. sheesh.

ok folks, hold on. they don't NEED help for the medical bills, i assume they have insurance. they aren't ASKING for anything, as best as i can tell. they had an unfortunate incident, and the neighbors are getting together to offer a friendly gesture of support to help offset any of the travel/hotel/food type expenses they might have had dealing with hospital visits and the like. if you're worried about whether they're gonna spend that 20 bucks to get a "la cucaracha" horn for their low rider, then you should just keep your money because my guess is they probably wouldn't want the "neighborly support" from you anyway.

In which case, non-monetary support like a homemade meal or even mowing the lawn ( :D ) during the tough time might be MORE appreciated than the twenty bucks.

And you might want to unbundle ya undies, Chandler.

In which case, non-monetary support like a homemade meal or even mowing the lawn ( :D ) during the tough time might be MORE appreciated than the twenty bucks.

maybe so, and if that's the reason, great.

edit: i kinda enjoy the irony thinking of timc mowing his mexican neighbors' yard. :D

Edited by Azazello1313

Have we considered stealing the neighbor's rims, selling them, then donating the proceeds back to the neighbor?

I don't think I am familiar with that financial strategy.

[cynic]

Are we sure the neighbor passing the hat is actually going to turn over 100% of the cash collected to the family?

[/cynic]

Seriously ... anyone collecting stuff for neighbors in need that is demanding cash would seem to have alterior motives.

I agree with Riff and Muck. I hate to be cynic but I guess that is what happens to you when you live in the inner city like I do. I would also go the route of some gift cards. I like to be a nice guy at times like this and if I can do it then I do.