[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mayweather / De La Hoya

chiefjay

Solid fight or much hype with an easy Floyd W?

I hope De La Hoya puts up a good fight or even wins. After watching the HBO special it's hard not to have a distaste toward Floyd.

Floyd wins. 2 of 3 judges for floyd..Not very exciting..No one was ever hurt. No knockdowns..Oscar threw many flurries and combos that didnt land. Floyd picked away at him all fight and especially in the last few rounds..Oscar did well when he jabbed then he stopped in the late rounds. This didnt really live up to the hype IMO..

Edited by whomper

Nice prediction. :D

Pretty simple prediction IMO. I went to a party with about 15 people and almost everyone there felt the same way. This fight was an easy call.

Pretty simple prediction IMO. I went to a party with about 15 people and almost everyone there felt the same way. This fight was an easy call.

Yeah, but was it that easy before the fight.

I felt that if it went to the judges and the outcome wasn't obvious (which I don't believe it was) that Golden Boy would get the benefit of the doubt. I was glad to see that wasn't the case.

Edited by Puddy

Another fight that didn't live up to the hype. This is why I choose to spend my coin on UFC and not boxing.

De La Hoya pressed the fight but Mayweather is too good of a defensive fighter to get hurt by Oscar. With the angle that Mayweather leans his head to make the right hand miss I don't understand why Oscar didn't push Floyd's left side and throw the left hook more. It was there? Everyone's asking why Oscar didn't use the jab more? I didn't see Oscar be that succesful with it in the early rounds like some claim? Oscar knew that Mayweather was too good of a counter puncher and knew that Floyd would have picked him apart.

BTW, was it just me or do they need to take the microphone away from Floyd Sr. and Larry Merchant? By the time they finish a sentence it's all I can do to just stay awake. Horrible. :D

Yeah, but was it that easy before the fight.

I felt that if it went to the judges and the outcome wasn't obvious (which I don't believe it was) that Golden Boy would get the benefit of the doubt. I was glad to see that wasn't the case.

Of course it was before the fight. What do you think 15 people sat around after the fight predicting the outcome of the fight? :D:tup: I didn't think it was going to be as close as it was though. I wanted Oscar to win because Mayweather talked so much sh!t to him but when it came down to it Mayweather did earn the victory.

Why stop jabbing Oscar... Why?!?! :D

One thing I agree with Oscar on with his post fight comments was that if he didnt press the fight there would have been no fight..Floyd is a dominant fighter but honestly a little boring..He relies on his speed and picks people apart which is great but you never get the feeling he is gonna floor someone when you watch him fight..

One thing I agree with Oscar on with his post fight comments was that if he didnt press the fight there would have been no fight..Floyd is a dominant fighter but honestly a little boring..He relies on his speed and picks people apart which is great but you never get the feeling he is gonna floor someone when you watch him fight..

That's cause Mayweather is a true defensive fighter. He's has no equal when it comes to counter punching. There were times last night when Mayweather would be in front of Oscar and Oscar would throw a hook and end up hitting air, the corner padding or one of the ropes. Meanwhile Mayweather would be to the left of him laughing while sticking the jab right in his face, repetitively. Oscar had no shot.

you wanna see him floor people...go back and watch his fight with diego corrales...or any of this fights at lightweight...a jr middle he knows hes cant crack like he did at 130...remember this is his first fight at 154 against a much bigger man...floyd actually dropped two pounds between the weigh in and the fight...oscar probably put on about ten....not to mention floyd has brittle hands

floyd was pretty dominant in the 2nd half of the fight...i had to lol@the crowd who would stand up and roar everytime oscar would throw an amatuerish flurry that would land nothing...and i have to agree with max kellerman that the guy who scored it for oscar should be banned from boxing....its pretty wild to know that the guy who scored it 115-113 for floyd gave floyd the 12th round...when the other two guys gave it to oscar...had he given it to oscar we would have had a draw...i made 300...but i had to put up 540...and i was a bit nervous before the cards were read because of the crowd

It wasn't a very good fight, especially near the end when Mayweather was baiting Oscar by dropping his hands. Mayweather had no respect for DeLahoya and had no problem showing his disrespect.

I was absolutely shocked that it was a split decision, there is NO WAY Oscar should have been ahead on ANY score card.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I didn't pay it much attention, but what little I did hear from the talking heads was exactly that, "Mayweather in a decision".