[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

May seem like a ridiculous question but...

irish

I'm having a very interesting/heated conversation with my 5 yr old son about the Backyardigans, which happens to be one of his favorite shows. We were talking about all the characters on the show and what kinds of animals each one actually is. Well we have them all figured out but one, Uniqua. My son swears she's a caterpillar and I know she's not but I don't know what she is so I don't have an answer. Anyone out there know or know where I can find out... :D

I appreciate anyone who may have looked but I think this is my best answer.

http://nickjr.co.uk/shows/backyardigans/uniqua.aspx

Uniqua

Uniqua is her name and her species. She’s graceful, agile, and as light on her feet as a ballerina. But when it comes to playing, she’s more “adventure” than “ballet.” Unafraid and daring, Uniqua loves to run, climb, and ride her bike faster than anyone. She also loves to tell silly jokes, make silly noises, and tickle her friends. Yes, Uniqua is mischievous, but she’s also sweet – she knows whether her friends are happy or sad, and she’ll always say something to show that she cares.

So she's really her own kind. He's not going to understand that!! I'm screwed. :D

I hear her referred to as an alien. One of my son's favorites.

Dude, when I say heated conversation, I'm talking tears, raised voiced, finger pointing, the whole bit. i had to hold back the laughter as I was trying to calm him down telling him that it wasn't that big of a deal. :D

Guess you're not hte only ones. From wikipedia...

Much controversy has been raised over what species she belongs to. Suggestions included a ladybug (due to her pink polka dots), an ant (due to her antennae), and even an alien. But actually, she is a unique creature that is unlike any other in the world, and Uniqua is also the name of her species.[4] She has been called simply "Uniqua, the pink" in Knights Are Brave and Strong.

Guess you're not hte only ones. From wikipedia...

I found some info on the site I mentioned above but I appreciate you looking it up and getting even more detail. :D

Good job, alec.

:D Esplain... Got to be funny and I didn't want to miss out.

is that supposed to be a form of an ant?

and the alec referrence....... baldwin bitching out his daughter

I thought so. In that case H8's reading comprehension is worse than I thought. That hillbilly bo-bo. It was my son who was going nuts because I told him Uniqua wasn't a caterpillar. I was the one laughing and trying to calm him down. :tup::D

Does uniqua baby powder her meat wallet?

Why would you ask such a thing you pervert?!?

She does by the way. :D

If my son ever points his finger at me I'll break it off. If my son ever raises his voice at me I'll break something else off.

Uh huh, I'll get back to you on that one :D . I thought the same thing, but seeing a little brain preplexed and really trying to sort it out will stay the hand.

.....and yes, I see many "little brains" preplexed and trying to sort it all out here all the time.

Edited by PantherDave

Uh huh, I'll get back to you on that one :D . I thought the same thing, but seeing a little brain preplexed and really trying to sort it out will stay the hand.

.....and yes, I see many "little brains" preplexed and trying to sort it all out here all the time.

Una mas vez, in Ingles por favor. :D

Una mas vez, in Ingles por favor. :D

OK-If there just throwing a chit fit-yeah, but sometimes the frustration at not being able to "label", "name" something really just set's them off, and when you try to help, it pisses them off even more.....but he would be "independently thinking" hard on a topic, and the zeal to reason and find an answer should stay your hand....from breaking things.

OK-If there just throwing a chit fit-yeah, but sometimes the frustration at not being able to "label", "name" something really just set's them off, and when you try to help, it pisses them off even more.....but he would be "independently thinking" hard on a topic, and the zeal to reason and find an answer should stay your hand....from breaking things.

Was really just :D for an irish reaction, but thanks for butting in.

Edited by Hugh 0ne