[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Detroit Huddler is this?

TimC

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../705100485/1003

Man held after 140 mph chase in Livingston County

HOWELL TOWNSHIP -- A 35-year-old Melvindale man who led police on a high speed chase that exceeded 140 mph early this morning is expected to be arraigned Friday, said Livingston County Sheriff Bob Bezotte.

The man faces charges of fleeing and eluding after police spotted him driving at 146 miles per hour.

Alcohol does not appear to be a factor, said Bezotte.

"That's pretty high," he said. "He doesn't want to talk to us so we don't know why he was doing what he was doing."

The chase started about 3:30 a.m. when a deputy from the Livingston County Sheriff Department spotted a 2006 white Chevrolet Corvette driving at a speed of 146 miles per hour on eastbound I-96. The driver failed to stop and continued east on I-96 until exiting at Highland Road.

A Howell police officer observed the same vehicle traveling east on Highland Road at 97 miles per hour. The suspect continued on Grand River through the Village of Fowlerville at a high rate of speed and ran a red light. He then fled into Ingham County through the Village of Webberville and back into Livingston County on eastbound I-96 at speeds greater than 130 miles per hour.

The Michigan State Police and Fowlerville Police Department used stop-sticks to disable the vehicle. The driver fled on foot and was later found at the Amerihost Hotel in Howell Township.

:D I've told you to go left-left after you exit. :D

Not me.

Anybody with half of brain in these parts knows that I-96 as it passes through Livingston and Ingham counties is not the place to speed. Deputy sheriffs will sometimes lineup 6 to 8 deep along certain stretches.

The guy was from Melvindale, which suggests that he's stupid.

i don't believe the story. No way a Melvindale man owns a vette.

I thought for sure it was my BIL, he's 35 and from Melvindale but unless he stole that Vette it's not him.