[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My 30th anniversay is today

alchico

Well today is my 30th wedding anniversary and i had planned on a surprise Hawaii trip. The other day i was talking to my daughter-in-law and she told me my wife didn't want to go to Hawaii, she wanted to go to Vegas. So guess what, sounded great to me , so Vegas it is :D

She's even letting me go to my grandson's little league tournament today. (They have a shot at the finals if they win at 12:30) They are 2-1 and my grandson pitched for the 1st time in his life as a little leaguer Sat. He allowed 1 run on an error and struck out the side.

Hey any of you Vegas gurus have any suggestions on where to stay??? Got the flights, as southwest has $44 flights all june and july(OAK/LAS) I want a nice place but don't want to break the bank. Mid week or over the weekend, doesn't really matter, but i do want to be able to go to a few shows. Wife is really into country music, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not a guru but you will get a better deal on the room if you go midweek. For example, The Venetian (which isn't only nice, but fantastic) is $239/night on July 17th - 20th. If you decided to go the following weekend it is $299/night. The Venetian's normal room is 700 square feet.

You can find much better rates at lesser but still very nice hotels, that was just an example.

Hey any of you Vegas gurus have any suggestions on where to stay??? Got the flights, as southwest has $44 flights all june and july(OAK/LAS) I want a nice place but don't want to break the bank. Mid week or over the weekend, doesn't really matter, but i do want to be able to go to a few shows. Wife is really into country music, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

To stay

Venetian as Puddy said plus all rooms are suites.

More expensive- Bellagio, Wynn

Nice- Paris, MGM, Mandalay

Better than a Holiday Inn- TI, Mirage, Aladin (Planet Hollywood now), Ceasers

Not very nice- Stratosphere, Circus Circus, Sahara

Check here as well

I like the hotel reviews

Definitely stay on the strip if you are not familair with vegas, mid week you can practically stay for free.

My fav for nice hotel with cheap rooms is Luxor, right next door to Mandalay bay, same owners, walkways and trams to all the neighboring hotels so no messing with street and AC 24/7.

Very nice,AL! :D:D

My 35th is this Friday. I gotta do something for the wife............not dure what.........no hijack intended.

As far as Vegas............regardless of comps I like the mid-strip area.

Hotels:

Flamingo, Paris, and Bally's! I didn't like Caesar's! Too snotty. Belagio is supposed to be nice but the restaurants are pricey! MGM is too big and the Hilton is too far away from stuff. TI, Mirage, and Venetian are good considerations.

Questions:

What does your wife like?

How much do you/wife gamble?

Shows:

George Wallace is great!

Jubilee.....meh!

Blue Man Group is fantastic! We've seen them twice!

Rita Rudner is very good! I've seen her 3 times!

The lounge acts at a variety of hotels are great. Check out the dueling pianos @ Paris or the Indigo lounge for soul music @ Bally's!

Penn & Teller are also very good, but you have to be a fan, so to speak. Seen them 3 times!

Most lounge acts at any hotels are pretty good and cheap.

Food:

Arriva @ Gold Coast for Italian, also Ventuno @ the Flamingo. Both are great and Arriva is very reasonable.

Steak houses:

All are pricey, but Steakhouse46 in the Flam is good. As is the Luxor & Bally's steakhouse. Hard to get a bad steak in Vegas! I'd go w/ H8's sugg. w/ Charlie Palmers. I've never been there but it sounds good!

Sushi:

I don't do Sushi, as I don't need intestinal worms!

Lunch:

The deli @ Bally's is very good! Nathan's Dogs, and great sammiches!

Also a good food court below.

For Prime Rib do Lawry's! Fantastic! Order the spinach if you like spinach.

Al,

If you have any more questions..............Call Me! I have alot more info.

I think you have my number, if not, I'll PM it to you!

ENJOY!!!!!!!

rr26

Edited by rocknrobn26

She's even letting me go to my grandson's little league tournament today. (They have a shot at the finals if they win at 12:30) They are 2-1 and my grandson pitched for the 1st time in his life as a little leaguer Sat. He allowed 1 run on an error and struck out the side.

If you have to ask your wife to go to your grandson's sporting events, let her go to Hawaii and you go to Vegas on your own. Couple of hookers for the weekend will keep her in line.

Sounds like you deserve the break.

Thought he was dead.

segregation today . . . segregation tomorrow . . . segregation forever :D

Different George Wallace! :D

BTW.....Al, Mon Ami Gabi is a great restaurant (Paris)! Go an hour before you want to eat, no resv's accepted! Get a rail side seat and enjoy the "freaks" as Spain calls them, on the Strip and also enjoy Belagio's water show!

Thanks everyone for all the Well wishes and tips on the trip. I'll be checking out the links everyone supplied and RR i'll probably give you a call in the next few days(congrats on 35 :D )

Just to clarify, She picked Vegas not me, although it would have definately been my choice :tup:

Grandson's team didn't fare too well yesterday, they gave up 12 in the 1st 2 innings but battled back only to lose 14-8. :D

Congrats al. I would've guessed Vegas too - you don't have to go wear a swimsuit, or even go outside, if you don't want to there. I can only hope my wife will prefer Vegas over Hawaii by then also, as we never get to go there now. I enjoy Hawaii now, especially with the kids, but I look forward to spending some later years' vacations in Sin City.

I'm jealous of you guys with so much Vegas experience, seriously. (I guess the grass is always greener.) Have fun....

Thanks everyone for all the Well wishes and tips on the trip. I'll be checking out the links everyone supplied and RR i'll probably give you a call in the next few days(congrats on 35 :D )

Just to clarify, She picked Vegas not me, although it would have definately been my choice :tup:

Grandson's team didn't fare too well yesterday, they gave up 12 in the 1st 2 innings but battled back only to lose 14-8. :D

Anytime, my friend. 8 til 1pm ct or 3 til 7pm ct are best, but I'll call you back if I'm not around.