[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq

H8tank

The US invasion of Iraq has little to do with Iran's stated objective of becoming a nuclear power. The two are lumped together by the media because they are in the same geographic location, but Iran's ultimate goal is to become the power broker in a Pan-Islamic reach around the Middle East and southwest Asia.

If the US had not invaded Iraq, do you believe Iran would have not continue to pursue its goals? Do you believe somehow the UN would have grown enough b@lls to actually stop them?

I think you misunderstood my iran quote ...my pt was we are bogged down in iraq that we can not deal with iran with more force at this time ...and that is a country which was and is a bigger threat than iraq was / is

H8tank by the way will get my vote next year as funniest huddler .... His material is so ridiculous , so off based so nonsensical that its very funny ...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be the reason I didn't post the whole thing, I gave you a taste. See, if I hadn't put that little quote thingy up there, then I may want to answer your pansy, pedantic question.

You want more in depth details? Use that hyperlink thing, it takes to to another place on the web, it gives more words, aren't the internets great!

Pick any spot on the planet earth. Stare at the sun for 300 years and you will be able to see a solar eclipse. No matter where onthe planet you pick to stand. If the earth wasn't angled on it's axis, you see one almost once a month.

Pick any spot on the planet earth. Stare at the sun for 300 years and you will be able to see a solar eclipse. No matter where onthe planet you pick to stand. If the earth wasn't angled on it's axis, you see one almost once a month.

but I would go blind.

Once again, if you use the "we're taking the fight to them so they can't attack us here" argument, (which, need I remind you, is technically not the reason we went there but it just sounds better than admitting we're fighting a war over bad intelligence), then you are essentially arguing that the cost in US lives and US dollars is worth it because it offsets the potential for larger costs of the same on our soil. I don't know about you, but I don't think my life is worth more in the big picture than someone else's. I understand that a soldier enters into war realizing that death is part of the equation and that is not a decision I have to make when I go to work. However, that doesn't make him disposable.

That's where you lost me. You must have forgotten who you were talking to because I was there. I know exactly what our mission objectives were. Speaking of which, I wonder how many people here can actually identify the REAL military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom? Anyone aside from myself? HINT: There were three primary objectives during Operation Iraqi Freedom. At this point in the war against terror there are eight primary mission objectives, some accomplished and some still under way.

Let me know when you fail to find these mission objectives in Iraq, at which point I'll explain why this war is not a waste.

That's where you lost me. You must have forgotten who you were talking to because I was there. I know exactly what our mission objectives were. Speaking of which, I wonder how many people here can actually identify the REAL military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom? Anyone aside from myself? HINT: There were three primary objectives during Operation Iraqi Freedom. At this point in the war against terror there are eight primary mission objectives, some accomplished and some still under way.

Let me know when you fail to find these mission objectives in Iraq, at which point I'll explain why this war is not a waste.

Please enlighten us.

Please enlighten us.

Does it have anything to do with backpedaling and not knowing near as much as one thinks he does?

The Grunt...please be advised that these two, I have quoted them above, apparently have been briefed on all Top Secret information ever. They saw yer orders before you even joined the military. They know which fast food breakfast I am going to order Thursday morning too. They knew Iraq didn't have WMD's. They don't see any connection to Iraq and terrorism, because they know that there isn't one. They know all. Praise Spaghetti God Hyena King. :D

Here are more videos

Edited by SuperBalla

I respect the grunt for being there big time...and if he would like to share info I would like to hear it ...don't agree with this war , this administration and their handling of so much of what has happened and is still happening but I am willing to listen ...

I, for one, would love to know the secret objectives of the war.

PM skins, he definately would know. :D oh that's right. :shucks:

edit to add: I like skins. Not like Puddy and ChuckB though. :gross:

The military operations [under Operation Iraqi Freedom] against the state of Iraq were designed to remove the Iraqi Regime from power and to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction; Special operations forces were also responsible for attacking a number of specific targets such as airfields, weapons of mass destruction sites, and command and control headquarters.

In March of 2003 President Bush had even addressed the American public stating that coalition forces were in the "early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger."

The military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom consist of first, ending the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Second, to identify, isolate and eliminate, Iraq's weapons of mass destruciton.

Third, to search for, to capture and to drive out terrorists from the country.

Fourth, to collect intelligence related to terrorist networks.

Fifth, to collect such intelligence as is related to the global network of illicit weapons of mass destruction.

Sixth, to end sanctions and to immediately deliver humanitarian support to the displaced and to many needed citizens.

Seventh, to secure Iraq's oil fields and resources, which belong to the Iraqi people.

Finally, to help the Iraqi people create conditions for a transition to a representative self-government.

The military operations [under Operation Iraqi Freedom] against the state of Iraq were designed to remove the Iraqi Regime from power and to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction; Special operations forces were also responsible for attacking a number of specific targets such as airfields, weapons of mass destruction sites, and command and control headquarters.

In March of 2003 President Bush had even addressed the American public stating that coalition forces were in the "early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger."

The military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom consist of first, ending the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Fifth, to collect such intelligence as is related to the global network of illicit weapons of mass destruction.

Sixth, to end sanctions and to immediately deliver humanitarian support to the displaced and to many needed citizens.

Seventh, to secure Iraq's oil fields and resources, which belong to the Iraqi people.

Finally, to help the Iraqi people create conditions for a transition to a representative self-government.

I told you they knew this...they don't care, they hate Bush. <--- This is the largest period I could find. I hear Rosie O'Donnel's has a large one. :D :puke:

Edited by SuperBalla

Thank you Grunt. That actually was very good info. Unfortunately, knowing that does not bolster the case for staying in Iraq in my mind.

The military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom consist of:

first, ending the regime of Saddam Hussein.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

MISSION UNNECESSARY

FAIL - This can never even be as successful as the war on drugs. It is unachievable without 100 times our current resources. The only way we could keep terrorists out of Iraq would be to lock down all the borders and turn it into a police state under constant watch. Impossible. Do you not agree?

I can't imagine that having ground troops in Iraq is necessary to accomplish this

See fourth

This is not a military objective

If they belong to the Iraqi people... let them secure them. If they need help, I bet Halliburton can set them up with an account. There is a profit to be made... it's a good investment.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Helping time is over. Time for baby to get up and walk, or realize that he just likes to sit..

Of these... we have accomplished most, there are better ways to accomplish some, and there is one that is just plain impossible. I think we've done a good job, and the job is nearly done.

Edited by AtomicCEO

You’re wasting your time trying to make them understand… you know what you know… you were there; thanks for being there. I was in for six in the AF, but it was sunshine and flowers then. It never occurred to me that I may or could be placed in harm’s way whilst I was in. Not saying that you (or any of the Reservists) didn’t know what could happen, but when the defecation hits the rotary oscillator there are people that sign up to handle it. That’s what I’m thanking you for, for handling it.

Thank you Grunt. That actually was very good info. Unfortunately, knowing that does not bolster the case for staying in Iraq in my mind.

The military objectives of Operation Iraqi Freedom consist of:

first, ending the regime of Saddam Hussein.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

MISSION UNNECESSARY

FAIL - This can never even be as successful as the war on drugs. It is unachievable without 100 times our current resources. The only way we could keep terrorists out of Iraq would be to lock down all the borders and turn it into a police state under constant watch. Impossible. Do you not agree?

I can't imagine that having ground troops in Iraq is necessary to accomplish this

See fourth

This is not a military objective

If they belong to the Iraqi people... let them secure them. If they need help, I bet Halliburton can set them up with an account. There is a profit to be made... it's a good investment.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Helping time is over. Time for baby to get up and walk, or realize that he just likes to sit..

Of these... we have accomplished most, there are better ways to accomplish some, and there is one that is just plain impossible. I think we've done a good job, and the job is nearly done.

bla bla bla bla... You think you know objectives, culture, solutions, terrorists? You don't know anything more than what you perceive would be the case if you were actually exposed to the matix.

bla bla bla bla... You think you know objectives, culture, solutions, terrorists? You don't know anything more than what you perceive would be the case if you were actually exposed to the matix.

You're feisty when you're drunk.

Grunt, not that these objectives are new, groundbreaking or do much to change anyone's mind, but I'm curious where you are getting these from. By the way you prefaced it....are you sharing these from some semi-secret military source that you can only know if you served?

Grunt, not that these objectives are new, groundbreaking or do much to change anyone's mind, but I'm curious where you are getting these from. By the way you prefaced it....are you sharing these from some semi-secret military source that you can only know if you served?

No. Why would I compromise national security by doing that? These objectives are not some kind of secret conspiracy, you just have to look past the daily poop-shoot mechanism we call the media. Our plan and long-term goal in Iraq is no hidden agenda people, and I'm woefully surprised and sickened that some individuals really can't see this. We are fighting terrorists that will dedicate the rest of their sad lives trying to serve their "god(s)" by killing others. They must be stopped because they are sure as hell not going to stop on their own.

Seems to me the majority of these have been reported as reasons for the Iraq war and subsequent occupation ad nauseum by the media and none of them are new or unheard of by any means.

I'm curious is how you came up with this 8-prong objective that you insinuated was some secret universal all encompassing logic for military personnel or those in the know.

I guess they all seem so obvious when you prefaced it as something different. A lot of intellignet people have been arguing the rationality of these exact objectives, in detail, for years already. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Thanks for the reply grunt ...many of the objectives all seemed reasonable but it appears many have failed and will never be met and it appears some were never necessary

And I believe many have no chance to be met thanks to failures of our govt and leader ...I believe some secret agenda's as well which you nor any of us privy to

So now what ? Stay , keep dying , keep spending m keep weakening our position so we can not properly deal with iran , nkorea , al qaeda in afganistan

I don't think so ...it sadly also clearly appears we have created more terrorists in iraq than there were before we invaded

By the way what is us govt doing about darfur ? That is a tragedy where objectives like yours listed should be used ..heck darfu may have more wmd than iraq ever had

Lastly I sincerely thank you for serving grunt ...I mean that

Thanks for the reply grunt ...many of the objectives all seemed reasonable but it appears many have failed and will never be met and it appears some were never necessary

And I believe many have no chance to be met thanks to failures of our govt and leader ...I believe some secret agenda's as well which you nor any of us privy to

So now what ? Stay , keep dying , keep spending m keep weakening our position so we can not properly deal with iran , nkorea , al qaeda in afganistan

I don't think so ...it sadly also clearly appears we have created more terrorists in iraq than there were before we invaded

By the way what is us govt doing about darfur ? That is a tragedy where objectives like yours listed should be used ..heck darfu may have more wmd than iraq ever had

Lastly I sincerely thank you for serving grunt ...I mean that

This is more than likely correct, and probably caused by the occupation itself, sadly.

On the National Geographic Channel this Sunday there will be a showing called Inside the Green Berets, and it has to do with the U.S. Special Forces in a remote outpost in south-central Afghanistan. While I won't be watching this show (it's on tv at the same time the season finale of the last Sopranos is on), what I'm getting at is that prior to the invasion of Iraq, and up to our present time, U.S. Special Ops have controlled remote area's of Afghanistan with a certain level of success -- granted we haven't found Osama Bin Laden, but I know he's got to be hating life. Point being, maybe after the invasion and actually finding Saddam Hussein President Bush could have pulled out a majority of our troops and infiltrated Iraq with Special Forces designed to drive out the terrorists, but without the whole "occupation" appeal. This may or may not have solved some of our issues that we see today.

It's kind of ironic now, in a less than funny way, because during the invasion in 2003 we were ordered to take down our American flags from within our military camp(s). The main reason for it was to not give the Iraqi people a feeling that we were taking over their country and occupying it. Low and behold it's 2007 and we're still occupying their country. I suspect a majority of the Iraqi people have hopes that we can "help create conditions for a transition to a representative self-government"; however, at this point it seems obvious that we've given a certain number of individuals in the middle east a reason to join the Al-Qaeda's fight against us. A pathetic reason, but it's still a reason.

From my perspective I think the main sucky-ness of our situation in Iraq parallels your position regarding our need to deal with iran , north korea , and al qaeda in afganistan... sh!t -- even russia is trying to start some arms race against us, and then there is super secret china doing who-knows-what with their satellite's. The fact is our military and economic resources are stretched thin now. Which totally sucks. But, if things work out flawlessly we will be able to diplomatically solve some of the tension with the above mentioned countries without war.

In either case I still believe we will successfully win the war against terrorism. Since we've never experienced a war such as this one, against people who instead of trying to take our troops head-on they simply blow themselves up in hopes of taking others with them. This style of war is not something we're used to. However, in the end I'm confident we'll win the war. It will just take time.

you just have to look past the daily poop-shoot mechanism we call the media. Our plan and long-term goal in Iraq is no hidden agenda people, and I'm woefully surprised and sickened that some individuals really can't see this. We are fighting terrorists that will dedicate the rest of their sad lives trying to serve their "god(s)" by killing others. They must be stopped because they are sure as hell not going to stop on their own.

Here here!!! :D :D

Where can I buy Halliburton stock?

you just have to look past the daily poop-shoot mechanism we call the media.

Too bad there's no conservative media organizations.

And its really too bad that the White House has no people in public relations, no access to the media and absolutely no way to influence public opinion.

:D

Too bad there's no conservative media organizations.

And its really too bad that the White House has no people in public relations, no access to the media and absolutely no way to influence public opinion.

:D

And no money or army or espionage bureau/007 training farm.

I'm curious is how you came up with this 8-prong objective that you insinuated was some secret universal all encompassing logic for military personnel or those in the know.

I'm still curious Grunt. You insinuated that what you were about to post was some great answer to meet all the questions. These seem fairly obvious and rational, as in the 8 main topics that got/get discussed everyday on CNN/ABC/FOX and everywhere else for the last 5 years.

So, why are these supersecret objectives so groundbreaking and how did you decide that they were the 8-prong critereia from anyone except the media themselves?