[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq

H8tank

Then why didn't al queda flood afghanistan, thier ally, to fight us? Why are they in iraq, someone you say al queda hated?

I don't beleive this is true.

Your right. It is probably more accurate to say that we bartered oil price control for access!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why didn't al queda flood afghanistan, thier ally, to fight us? Why are they in iraq, someone you say al queda hated?

Maybe because there ain't enough of them to "flood" anything?

If there were a significant number of Afghanis that wanted to kill Americans, I bet Al Qaeda would be there trying to stir sh*t up.

Most of the people who are killing US soldiers in Iraq are Iraqis. Why drive the bus when you can ride in the back?

November 4

Iranian radicals seize the US Embassy in Tehran, taking sixty-six American diplomats hostage.

You need to go back a little further, you left out the part were the west's support of the Shah of Iran allows him to increasingly erode the Iranian Constitution, culminating in him declaring himself "King of Kings" in 1967. He used much the same tactics in Iran, that Sadam used in Iraq, to control the country. The fact of the matter is that Sadam would still be in power, using the same techniques, with the complete blessing of the US, if he would have bent over for us, the way the Shah did. It has never been about how the Iranian or Iraq government controlled their people, and always about how they respond to the US's wishes.

This is what has killed me about Iraq from the very beginning. Whatever reason given for our involvement their:

The Iraq Government was inhuman to the Iraq people, ok well so are dozens of governments around the world, some put into place by us. We gonna take them all on?

The Iraq Government had weapons of mass destruction, ok well so does China, North Korea, Pakistan, Israel and France. Which is the next one we invade? Me, I vote for France, they have had WMD much longer.

9/11, well to the best of our knowledge their were 2 nationalities involved in 9/11, Egyptians and Saudis, and the money seems to have come from the Saudis, so are Egypt and Saudi Arabia next, seems to me they should have been first.

Did I miss any? Oh yea, the "The Iraq Government did not do what the UN told them to do" I am not even going to touch that one.

I am just tired of being lied to, and then told I am a communist, because I point out that I am being lied to.

Edited by rbmcdonald

The UN authorized action, the senate voted for it. Do you know how the gov't works?

Congress did not vote to authorize it. They voted to give up there constitutional authority, so they could spend thier time on more profitable ventures.

LT. GEN. RAY ODIERNO, U.S. Army: In May, the attacks in Anbar in 2006 totaled 811. In 2007, they were just barely over 400. In Ramadi in 2006, there were 254 attacks in the city of Ramadi; in 2007, there have been 30.

fledgling democracy

The defeatist's denial that progress is being made in Iraq is a LIE , created and rooted in a leftist pacifist media's head in the sand agenda.

R Mc you make some valid points, but in the here and now, knowing what you CAN change and what you can't ; A free and democratic Iraq IS in OUR nations best interests ? Or is your opinion one of no ?

Cut & run or stay the course?

A very serious and consequential time for America , an enemy unlike any adversary since WW2 imo.

I would hope the nation would support her more in the time of need , I hope and pray she will prevail.

fledgling democracy

The defeatist's denial that progress is being made in Iraq is a LIE , created and rooted in a leftist pacifist media's head in the sand agenda.

R Mc you make some valid points, but in the here and now, knowing what you CAN change and what you can't ; A free and democratic Iraq IS in OUR nations best interests ? Or is your opinion one of no ?

A very serious and consequential time for America , an enemy unlike any adversary since WW2 imo.

I would hope the nation would support her more in the time of need , I hope and pray she will prevail.

I sort of agree with you, but try hard to understand the agenda on either side. I trust the government, and believe opinion is based on how much one trusts the government as whole, and not just the president. I don’t believe we are still there for anything other than to set Iraq on the right path, but do believe it’s time to leave now and let civil war take care of itself.

We can’t make it a mini United States, and it must be fascinating to know the real inside intelligence behind the power struggle in the Iraq government we’ll leave behind. The last thing we want is another Saddam, but with that much division in the country it’s almost impossible to ensure it doesn’t happen again. It's better at this point to let the world keep an eye on it than to try and manage it. :D

A free and democratic Iraq IS in OUR nations best interests ?

Well lets assume that Iraq doesn't splinter, assume that the Iraqis can ignore centuries of religious strife and assume that its political process evolves into a western style democracy.

Why do you think that the government will be pro-US? Nobody has ever once explained this. Its just a foregone conclusion that is being foisted upon us by the same clowns who created the debacle.

Well lets assume that Iraq doesn't splinter, assume that the Iraqis can ignore centuries of religious strife and assume that its political process evolves into a western style democracy.

Why do you think that the government will be pro-US? Nobody has ever once explained this. Its just a foregone conclusion that is being foisted upon us by the same clowns who created the debacle we need to get out and let time pass.

I agreee with the above edit.

If "victory" were possible, then yes, finish it, but I do not know if that is possible, and if the government really thought it was possible, would it be building a self contained and fortified embassy the size of Vatican City? Can anyone tell me of one example in history where democracy has been successfully imposed from the outside? I think it is a fool's errand. I keep thinking back to Vietnam. What eighteen years? 60,000

US servicemen? Finally political pressure gets too great, so we declare victory and go home. What a cluster that was. We spend 18 years and 60,000 lives propping up a corrupt & brutal resign, how long did it last after we left? less than 2 years? So then we decide, ok, we will just isolate you. OK, so 20 years of isolation, we declare victory again, and give them most favored nation status.

The real question in Iraq is what the cr@p do we do about the Kurds? If the situation goes to total hell, the Kurds will declare independence. Turkey will not stand for that, so now what do we do. Come to blows with the Turks, or just hang the Kurds out to dry, again.

I honestly do not know what we do. I have consistently said if was a very bad idea from the start, and I have been maligned as a communist, or worse a liberal. Maybe one day we will stand up and forcefully tell our government that we are tired of them squandering our resources (money and lives), but until that day, we get what we derserve I guess.

Edited by rbmcdonald

If "victory" were possible, then yes, finish it, but I do not know if that is possible, and if the government really thought it was possible, would it be building a self contained and fortified embassy the size of Vatican City? Can anyone tell me of one example in history where democracy has been successfully imposed from the outside? I think it is a fool's errand. I keep thinking back to Vietnam. What eighteen years? 60,000

US servicemen? Finally political pressure gets too great, so we declare victory and go home. What a cluster that was. We spend 18 years and 60,000 lives propping up a corrupt & brutal resign, how long did it last after we left? less than 2 years? So then we decide, ok, we will just isolate you. OK, so 20 years of isolation, we declare victory again, and give them most favored nation status.

The real question in Iraq is what the cr@p do we do about the Kurds? If the situation goes to total hell, the Kurds will declare independence. Turkey will not stand for that, so now what do we do. Come to blows with the Turks, or just hang the Kurds out to dry, again.

I honestly do not know what we do. I have consistently said if was a very bad idea from the start, and I have been maligned as a communist, or worse a liberal. Maybe one day we will stand up and forcefully tell our government that we are tired of them squandering our resources (money and lives), but until that day, we get what we derserve I guess.

Don't let the "kommunist" thing get to you. H8 and his boys can't help it. When ever they feel cornerd or threatend, they have been conditioned to blurt out "kommunist". Much like Al Sharpton blurting out "victim", or a skunk spraying. They can't help it, as they don't have any other way of defending their position. Again, don't let it get to you. They deserve our sympathy and support like any of the other victims of society.

Don't let the "kommunist" thing get to you. H8 and his boys can't help it. When ever they feel cornerd or threatend, they have been conditioned to blurt out "kommunist".

Says the boy who hates our president. Stay outa the thread if you have nothing to add, we are discussing the iraq issue, you add nothing. Leave.

Says the boy who hates our president. Stay outa the thread if you have nothing to add, we are discussing the iraq issue, you add nothing. Leave.

This must be another one of those famous "salient points" you make. I'm really working hard on my thoughtful response. Hang tight.

No need. It is understood. Kommie. :D

Actually, it isn't. I don't hate Bush any more then I Hate H8. I just think that he is doing a piss poor job of running the country. And lets be honest here, Bush is just the messenger. He couldn't come up with this stuff on his own.

Check this sick chit out

If you think that America, fighting these murderes is wrong, then yer a vile hyena. That ant pile over there is trying to consume...you and me and our children.

You big silly , how will the hyenas see that with their heads in the sand ?

see page 30

scroll to the bottom for stats on this week in jihad

A little tip... something that has O Fortuna as it's soundtrack is probably designed to unnecessarily scare you.

I was actually more scared at the lack of support for the War...which includes Iraq.

You big silly , how will the hyenas see that with their heads in the sand ?

see page 30

scroll to the bottom for stats on this week in jihad

:D

I was actually more scared at the lack of support for the War...which includes Iraq.

I know you're scared. That's why you are a republican.

Cowards vote republican... because they are scared.

So listen to O Fortuna, and think about the horrors of the brown menace, and elect leaders who scream to the rooftops that the enemy is coming while they fatten their pockets and take your money and freedom.