[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice

We can keep 2 players. I am already keeping Frank Gore, and can choose either Ronnie Brown or Joseph Addai. 6 pts for a td; 1 pt every 25 yards rushing; no pts for receptions (although we are proposing changing that this season). Leaning towards Addai, more balanced offense, but read that Indy will likely bring in another back to share carries with Addai, a la Rhodes last year.

We can keep 2 players. I am already keeping Frank Gore, and can choose either Ronnie Brown or Joseph Addai. 6 pts for a td; 1 pt every 25 yards rushing; no pts for receptions (although we are proposing changing that this season). Leaning towards Addai, more balanced offense, but read that Indy will likely bring in another back to share carries with Addai, a la Rhodes last year.

Like who?

Keep Addai.

Wow. Not so clear cut to me. Brown has proven that he can carry the featured load and RW is obviously out of the picture. The new coaching regime has said it weants to get Brown more involved in the passing offense. I think Brown gets tons of work this coming season.

Addai has never had the chance to show he can carry a full work load. Early indicators are that the IND coaches would like to limit his touches somewhat. On the other hand, he's unquestionably the #1 RB on an explosive O.

I think Brown is the safer pick, but that Addai has greater upside. How's your tolerance to risk? In any case, I'd sure be looking to trade either one of them for a high draft pick to someone who needs a legit keeper at RB. If I were forced to keep one of them, I think I'd keep Brown, but that's because I'm not convinced that Gore is a stud RB worthy of the #4 pick in the draft yet and I'd rather have less risk in that situation with my #2 RB.

In any case, I'd sure be looking to trade either one of them for a high draft pick to someone who needs a legit keeper at RB.

Good suggestion (where have I read this advice before :D )

I would shop both, take the highest offer you get for either of them and keep the other one. I personally lean Addai, but it is a close call, and, without a crystal ball, I'l lsay you can't go wrong either way.

I don't see this as that close.

I have both and value Addai significantly more. He is a great blocker and will be off the field only to rest this year. He has more breakaway speed and has great hands out of the backfield. RBrown is a plodder. Valuable, but doesn't have the full set of skills that Addai has. Addai could get huge numbers this year. Didn't he have 5 TDs in a game once last year?

Didn't he have 5 TDs in a game once last year?

I don't believe he had 5 in a game, but, if he did, would this not really skew his number to make it look like he did better, while in actuality his "typical" performance was much less than his overall stats may indicate?

I'm just not sold on Brown. He seems to run hard, right at the pile. Maybe his Oline just stunk last year and will be much better this year. To me, Brown is a big risk and nowhere near as safe a pick as Addai. Even if Indy does bring in another back, Addai should get around 25 touches per game at least. That's enough to be dangerous, especially in that offense.

Hee got 4 against Philly.......

that being said, we HAVE to pick two franchise players from our current roster (which includes Gore, Addai, Brown)....We cannot trade one of the players away.....dont ask why, but that is how we do it....we keep 2 players, and then draft.

I don't believe he had 5 in a game, but, if he did, would this not really skew his number to make it look like he did better, while in actuality his "typical" performance was much less than his overall stats may indicate?

Take out the high and low weekly scores from last year:

Addai puts up 10.45 PPG.

Brown puts up 12.92 PPG.

Both also lost their backups who produced more or less the same (Rhodes @ 7.77ppg, Morris @ 7.02ppg)

The difference:

The Colts have not replaced Dominic Rhodes.

The Dolphins drafted a RB in the 3rd Round that catches the ball and provides a COP/speed element.

Addai will pick up the bulk of Rhodes' production. Booker will pick up Morris'.

Take out the high and low weekly scores from last year:

Addai puts up 10.45 PPG.

Brown puts up 12.92 PPG.

Both also lost their backups who produced more or less the same (Rhodes @ 7.77ppg, Morris @ 7.02ppg)

The difference:

The Colts have not replaced Dominic Rhodes.

The Dolphins drafted a RB in the 3rd Round that catches the ball and provides a COP/speed element.

Addai will pick up the bulk of Rhodes' production. Booker will pick up Morris'.

Though I feel you're overvaluing Booker I generally agree.

Though I feel you're overvaluing Booker I generally agree.

Obviously, it depends on how he performs on the field, but 2 catches a game and 4-5 rushes a game isn't all that outlandish to expect from a backup. Not to mention that Brown has missed games due to injuries dating back to 2002, which leads to the possibility of more playing time.

The point being Miami drafted someone in a high enough round to expect that he replace Sammy Morris. The Colts brought no one in to replace Dominic Rhodes.

Obviously, it depends on how he performs on the field, but 2 catches a game and 4-5 rushes a game isn't all that outlandish to expect from a backup. Not to mention that Brown has missed games due to injuries dating back to 2002, which leads to the possibility of more playing time.

The point being Miami drafted someone in a high enough round to expect that he replace Sammy Morris. The Colts brought no one in to replace Dominic Rhodes.

Brown was the victim of a terrible offense last year and still came out with a decent 4.2 avg. He's much better than Morris or Booker will ever be. If Cam Cameron ran an offense that limited Michael Turner to barely any carries at all why would he not with a much worse Lorenzo Booker? I agree that Addai is the better pick though as there's a lot to like with his situation in Indy.

Addai... Ronnie is in for a tough year with some major QB and WR issues. Addai still has Peyton and Co. to keep defenses honest.

Totally agree. When you have a QB of Manning's caliber, you have to feel pretty good about the RB on that team.

I say, keep Addai. Not even Miami knows who their QB is going to be this year; I wouldn't take that risk when you have a solid option in Addai.

Good Luck

I don't see this as that close.

I have both and value Addai significantly more. He is a great blocker and will be off the field only to rest this year. He has more breakaway speed and has great hands out of the backfield. RBrown is a plodder. Valuable, but doesn't have the full set of skills that Addai has. Addai could get huge numbers this year. Didn't he have 5 TDs in a game once last year?

Nope: 24-171, 4 TDs rushing and 2-37 receiving vs. Philadelphia 11/26.

Still good enough to cost me my game that week... :D:D:tup::doh::D

Brown was the victim of a terrible offense last year and still came out with a decent 4.2 avg. He's much better than Morris or Booker will ever be.

No one is comparing Brown to Morris or Booker.

If Cam Cameron ran an offense that limited Michael Turner to barely any carries at all why would he not with a much worse Lorenzo Booker?

Are you comparing Ronnie Brown to LaDainian Tomlinson? :D

Think Colts are gonna feel the guys they have already:

Chris Morgan (like his size!):

6-0, 210

Indiana-PA

0 years in the NFL

FA-07

DOB: 11/11/1984

PRO HISTORY

Signed as free agent with Colts on May 15, 2007.

COLLEGE

Four-year starter who made transition from FS to RB as freshman and opened 36 of 40 career games…was 680-3,817, 34 TDs rushing and 41-416, 2 TDs receiving…ranked second in school history in rushing yards (3,817), touchdowns (34) and rushing attempts (680)…started 10 games as senior…was 192-1,318, 14 TDs rushing and 18-176, 1 TD receiving…was Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference West Offensive Player-of-the-Year, First-Team all-conference and Second-Team All-Northeast Region choice…was finalist for Harlon Hill Trophy…had eight 100+ rushing games…broke own school record with 286 rushing yards vs. East Stroudsburg…also had three TDs…started 10 games as junior…was 282-1,276, 11 TDs rushing and 17-159, 1 TD receiving…was First-Team All-PSAC West and All-Northeast Region choice…had eight 100+ games…had 80t vs. Slippery Rock…started five of nine games as sophomore…was 167-950, 8 TDs rushing and 6-81 receiving…was Second-Team All-PSAC choice…set then school record with 266 rushing yards vs. Lock Haven…also had three TDs...started eleven games as freshman…started first nine games at FS before making transition to RB for final two games…had 32 tackles, one interception and two FR, including 40t return, on defense…was 39-273, 1 TD rushing…had 25t rush vs. Bloomsburg…majored in physical education.

PERSONAL

Full name is Chris Morgan…born in Pittsburgh, Pa….attended Woodland Hills High School…was 251-1,968, 26 TDs rushing as senior…was conference Player-of-the-Year and all-state choice…helped lead team to Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League title as freshman, junior and senior…single…resides in Pittsburgh, Pa.

DeDe Dorsey

5-11, 196

Lindenwood

2 years in the NFL

W-06 (CIN)

DOB: 08/01/198

PRO HISTORY

Signed as FA with Colts on September 3, 2006…originally signed as FA with Cincinnati on May 5, 2006…was waived on September 2, 2006.

CAREER NOTES

2006: Appeared in 13 games as special teamer, primarily on kickoff returns…was inactive first three games with ankle injury sustained in preseason. POST-SEASON: Appeared as special teamer vs. Kansas City 1/6 in Wild Card Playoffs, at Baltimore 1/13 in Divisional Playoffs, vs. New England 1/21 in AFC Championship Game and vs. Chicago in Super Bowl XLI 2/4.

COLLEGE

Two-year player at Lindenwood (St. Charles, Mo.) University after transferring from Ottawa (Kan.) University…had seven career interceptions, returning four for TDs…blocked seven field goals and nine punts in career…at Lindenwood, was NAIA All-America RB as senior…had 1,600 yards and 18 TDs rushing…was All-America DB as junior…scored three defensive TDs, and after moving full-time to RB with four games remaining, totaled 841 yards and nine TDs rushing…had 98t KOR as sophomore at Ottowa.

PERSONAL

Full name is DeDe Dorsey…born in Broken Arrow, Okla….attended Broken Arrow High School…single…resides in Broken Arrow, Okla.

Clifton Dawson

5-10, 212

Harvard

0 years in the NFL

FA-07

DOB: 10/08/1983

COLLEGE

Four-year letterman who started 39 of 40 games…finished career with 958-4,841, 60 TDs rushing, 80-759, 4 TDs receiving and 6,138 all-purpose yards…finished as Ivy League record holder for career rushing yards (4,841), career rushing touchdowns (60), career touchdowns (66), career points (398) and career all-purpose yards (6,138)...owns every school rushing and scoring mark…was four-time first-team All-Ivy choice…started 10 games as senior…was 237-1,213, 20 TDs rushing and 24-239, 1 TD receiving…set school seasonal records in rushing TDs, total TDs and points (132)…scored TD in nine of 10 games and 2+ TDs in seven of 10 games…had three rushing TDs four times…rushed for 181 yards and 3 TDs against Brown…started 10 games as junior…was unanimous first-team All-Ivy League selection for third consecutive year…totaled 258-1,139, 11 TDs rushing and 34-336, 2 TDs receiving…ranked 13th in Division 1-AA rushing, 5th nationally in all-purpose yards (161.4) and 17th in scoring (8.6)…had seven 100+ rushing games and nine 100+ all-purpose games…had 128 rushing yards and game-winning 3OT score, along with 10-85, 1 TD receiving, against Yale…rushed for 203 yards against Princeton…rushed for 189 yards and 3 TDs against Brown…had 92t KOR against Dartmouth…was consensus first-team All-America selection by AP and Walter Camp Foundation as sophomore…was first Harvard offensive back to gain All-America status since Barry Wood in 1931…started 10 games and was 248-1,302 yards, 17 TDs rushing and 15-129, 1 TD receiving…set school seasonal records in rushing yards…108 points broke prior school seasonal mark of Charlie Brickley (1912)…had seven 100+ games, rushing scores in eight outings and had three rushing TDs in each of first three games…was unanimous first-team All-Ivy League selection as freshman, the first league player to earn the honor…was 215-1,187, 12 TDs rushing and 7-55 receiving…was first Ivy League freshman with 1,000+ yards…was 17-16.6 KOR…was first offensive player in Ivy League history to earn first-team honors as freshman…set league’s seasonal freshman record for rushing yards…economics major.

PERSONAL

Full name is Clifton George Dawson…born in Scarborough, Ontario.…attended Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute…was two-sport star in track and football…named team MVP as senior…was an All-Canada selection…resides in Scarborough, Ontario.

Really think they have their man here in these guys and competition will bring the cream to the top to spell Addai. Think Addai is the horse and Morgan makes the team and a name for himself....? :D