[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Delta Airlines

spain

I almost always fly Southwest Airlines because it is ALOT cheaper than any other carrier out of Nashville. But we are flying Delta Airlines from Nashville to Barcelona Spain in August. Then taking a cruise to various places finally disembarking the cruise ship in Athens Greece. Currently, we are booked on Delta Airlines from Nashville to Atlanta. After a 1 hour layover, we fly direct to Barcelona. The return flight is from Athens to Atlanta to Nashville. My question is about Delta. Anybody fly them alot? Do they have seat back tv's? Would you fly them across the pond or opt for a different airline?

We fly Delta from LA to Tampa all the time. Don't know about flights across the pond, but Song (owned by Delta) was folded into Delta. Song's planes are equipped with TVs on each seat. Problem is, many Delta planes (that weren't Song planes) are not equipped with the TVs.

Maybe you can call the airline and find out if they know ahead of time what type of planes have the TVs and if your flight has them. Otherwise, I find Delta to be fine as an airline, but it's all relative because airlines in general kind of suck and I hate the act of travling.

Edited by TDFFFreak

According to Darin, they have seatback TVs, but the buttons on also there so you will feel a push when the passenger behind you pushes them.

One hour at ATL may or may not be enough time. There is a train to go between concourses, but a long escalator ride to get there from the center of the concourses. You will likely switch concourses as international flights are from concourse E, and most of Delta's domestic flights are to the other concourses (A & B for the regular Delta flights and C & D for their feeder lines (ASA and Comair). The concourses are rather long and there is no speed way such as a people mover in the concourses themselves and can be a long walk if the plane is at an end of a concourse. Along with any other regulations for international flights.

Delta's planes are about as cramped as mot other airlines.

We fly Delta from LA to Tampa all the time. Don't know about flights across the pond, but Song (owned by Delta) was folded into Delta. Song's planes are equipped with TVs on each seat. Problem is, many Delta planes (that weren't Song planes) are not equipped with the TVs.

I think song still has some reasonable prices, but Delta's prices have skyrocketed within the last year.

I think song still has some reasonable prices, but Delta's prices have skyrocketed within the last year.

I don't think Song exists any more. I thought I read that Delta will eventually convert all their planes into a tv screens on every seat back fashion, such as Song had done.

I don't think Song exists any more. I thought I read that Delta will eventually convert all their planes into a tv screens on every seat back fashion, such as Song had done.

I saw a song plane fly into ATL last month.

The last time I flew Delta into Atlanya they held a connecting flight for us passengers going to Mobile. I will always fly Delta because of this one incident.

:D

Really, held a connecting flight to that shi@tehole of Mobile? I would have held that against them... :D

Delta's Atlanta - Zurich flight does not have inseat entertainment. (Check to see what sort of plane they are using for the flight as I think the 767s do NOT have inseat entertainment.)

Delta also doesn't give free drinks anymore on international flights.

Even so, we inevitably end up flying Delta to Zurich because they usually have the best rates out of Grand Rapids.

I almost always fly Southwest Airlines because it is ALOT cheaper than any other carrier out of Nashville. But we are flying Delta Airlines from Nashville to Barcelona Spain in August. Then taking a cruise to various places finally disembarking the cruise ship in Athens Greece. Currently, we are booked on Delta Airlines from Nashville to Atlanta. After a 1 hour layover, we fly direct to Barcelona. The return flight is from Athens to Atlanta to Nashville. My question is about Delta. Anybody fly them alot? Do they have seat back tv's? Would you fly them across the pond or opt for a different airline?

not to hijack the thread, but how long will you be in barcelona? we were there for three days three years ago. we liked it a lot. the food wasn't so great where we ate, but the Gaudi architecture was amazing.

I saw a song plane fly into ATL last month.

I saw one of their 757s taking off from Phoenix last Wednesday.

not to hijack the thread, but how long will you be in barcelona? we were there for three days three years ago. we liked it a lot. the food wasn't so great where we ate, but the Gaudi architecture was amazing.

We will be in Barcelona for a couple days ahead of our cruise. We are staying about a mile away from Las Ramblas at The Hilton. Anything you recommend that I shouldnt miss?

I am not a hugh fan of delta. And now that they have reimerged from bankrupty I can't imagine it will be any better (they announced with great fanfare that they were cutting down the number of colours on their logo to save money. Makes you wonder where else they are cutting corners).

Double check your ticket: 1)it will tell you who is OPERATING your flight, rather than whose airline you bought the ticket from and 2) if you look up Orbitz or some such flight with your flight number it will tell you what kind of plane it is.

Every so often when I buy Air france tickets and end up on a delta flight, I am pissed (because I assumed that buying a ticket from AF menat you were flying with them) because Delta service is pretty mediocre. As Wiegie said, they charge for drinks. The price is also 5 $ or 5 Euros. I can overlook the fact that they are thus overcharging people paying in euros, but when I gave the woman a 50 euro bill she tried to hand me back 45$ telling me that they were the same.

The last time I flew Delta to Barcelona, the flight was ooperated by Aero Mexico, no seat entertainment. To France there is inseat entertainment, so I would just call them.

Good luck.

Barcelona is a great city.

I haven't used Delta for international travel, but we used them for a flight from Baltimore to Vegas once. Won't make that mistake again. Nice shiney newish 757, I think, and we could not have been more cramped into an already unbelievably tiny area. For a newish plane, we didn't expect to find the smallest seats we've ever sat in with the smallest space for our tray tables and all that. We've been far more comfortable on Southwest, and we're not crazy about them either.

We will be in Barcelona for a couple days ahead of our cruise. We are staying about a mile away from Las Ramblas at The Hilton. Anything you recommend that I shouldnt miss?

we stayed on las ramblas when we were there. it was pretty loud. where you guys are is probably quieter.

i would visit all the Gaudi architecture. two days should be plenty of time to see it all. be sure to visit Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera. i admit i hadn't even heard of Gaudi before our trip, but all of it is worth seeing, even if architecture isn't exactly your thing. i loved it. if it's a nice day, i would go to Park Guell an hour or two before lunch -- it's a gorgeous park, with some cool buildings and architecture in it, and they have a small place to get sandwiches and drinks and have lunch in the park. also, if you're not averse to public transportation, barcelona has a great subway system. it drops you off pretty close to all the places i mentioned.

I can tell you this much, they are better than TWA [Travel with Arabs] because DELTA [Dont Even Let Them Aboard] has higher standards. :D

we stayed on las ramblas when we were there. it was pretty loud. where you guys are is probably quieter.

i would visit all the Gaudi architecture. two days should be plenty of time to see it all. be sure to visit Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera. i admit i hadn't even heard of Gaudi before our trip, but all of it is worth seeing, even if architecture isn't exactly your thing. i loved it. if it's a nice day, i would go to Park Guell an hour or two before lunch -- it's a gorgeous park, with some cool buildings and architecture in it, and they have a small place to get sandwiches and drinks and have lunch in the park. also, if you're not averse to public transportation, barcelona has a great subway system. it drops you off pretty close to all the places i mentioned.

:D Good info here.

Wife and I went to Barcelona last year on our honeymoon. We stayed for 3 days before our cruise and we had a great time. If you take the subway to Park Guell you will have to hike up a roughly 2000 ft, 30 degree incline. The park sits on top of a large hill/small mountain. There are a couple of escalators but not many. Also, the subway doors don't open like they do on NY subways where they always open at every stop. You have to open them yourself if you want to get out. Learned that the hard way. :D

Have fun!

:D Good info here.

Wife and I went to Barcelona last year on our honeymoon. We stayed for 3 days before our cruise and we had a great time. If you take the subway to Park Guell you will have to hike up a roughly 2000 ft, 30 degree incline. The park sits on top of a large hill/small mountain. There are a couple of escalators but not many. Also, the subway doors don't open like they do on NY subways where they always open at every stop. You have to open them yourself if you want to get out. Learned that the hard way. :D

Have fun!

:tup: we actually took the railroad from the airport and transferred to the subway, but the railroad was the same way -- a little handle you have to open yourself. fortunately, the folks there must've been used to tourists, because they showed us what to do.

you do have to walk a half-mile or so up a hill if you take the subway to the park (i think there's also a bus). but i figure spain's on HGH, he can handle it. :doh: