[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Cyclones

My best friend manages a theater in Lexington so we get free movies :tup: and lots of pre-release views. We went and saw this movie today and from me it gets :D:D

First, the effects were quite amazing. The Silver Surfer character is incredible.....and I won't get into how inconceivably hot Jessica Alba is. Cleavage galore...she has a great rack. I think anyone that sees this movie will enjoy it thoroughly. Much more enjoyable than SM3 IMHO.

:D

The first movie was just plain horrible. I'd rather watch North Korean Day time soaps then that movie. It was G*d aweful and I highly doubt the second one would be much better since A. its a sequal 2. The same horrible actors and Last the Fantastic Four is the weakest of Comic stories.

I'm disappointed in you Cyclones, very disappointed in you. If i had a newspaper right now I'd wack you in the nose and tell you how bad you were. :D

Shame on you. :tup:

:doh:

Never saw the first movie (or this one), but as a kid reading comic books, Silver Surfer was the MAN! The coolest super hero there ever was! Having said that, I will most likely wait until it hits cable before I watch it.....

You may be jumping the gun cliaz.......

Cyclones, what did you think of the first movie???

Personally, the first movie, cliaz's comments +10000.

I only go see about 3-4 movies a year and the first Fantastic Four was one of them that year. Man I was pissed.

I was pissed because unlike my confused Redskins Fan, I loved the comics when I was a kid, and when they destroyed it with that movie I vowed never again.

So when I saw the trailer I was like, F@Ck that, until I saw the Silver Surfer (another one of my favorites) now I'm tempted again.

So, Cyclones, how did you like the first one?

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

You may be jumping the gun cliaz.......

Cyclones, what did you think of the first movie???

Personally, the first movie, cliaz's comments +10000.

I only go see about 3-4 movies a year and the first Fantastic Four was one of them that year. Man I was pissed.

I was pissed because unlike my confused Redskins Fan, I loved the comics when I was a kid, and when they destroyed it with that movie I vowed never again.

So when I saw the trailer I was like, F@Ck that, until I saw the Silver Surfer (another one of my favorites) now I'm tempted again.

So, Cyclones, how did you like the first one?

First movie was a meh at best for me. But let me tell you, the Silver Surfer is a BADASS.

The first movie was just plain horrible. I'd rather watch North Korean Day time soaps then that movie. It was G*d aweful and I highly doubt the second one would be much better since A. its a sequal 2. The same horrible actors and Last the Fantastic Four is the weakest of Comic stories.

I'm disappointed in you Cyclones, very disappointed in you. If i had a newspaper right now I'd wack you in the nose and tell you how bad you were. :D

My understanding is that they had to get a lot of BS out in the first movie - like how they got their powers and everything. It left them a lot of room to do more things in the second movie.

As for the actors, I am a big Ioan Gruffudd fan because of his role as Horatio Hornblower.

the 1st one was alright, I buy alot of movies..especially in blu-ray and still didn't buy this one..

on another note....I always was a Doom fan and I felt they could have done better with him in the 1st.....but I expect him to have a unique role in the 2nd...

plus Silver Surfer in this one...I expect them to be a bit on the kiddy side, but still come with a decent flick....and I expect it to be better than Transformers...which reminds me alot of War of the Worlds in the previews :D

Edited by Avernus

I like the first movie alright, and I'll probably see the sequel (I'd like to see it in the theater but will most likely wait to see it on DVD). The only real criticism I have for the first one is that I thought the casting of Mr. Fantastic was pretty poor. From the comics, Reed was always a more distinguished and tougher guy. Ioan Gruffudd just didn't cut it IMO.

I like the first movie alright, and I'll probably see the sequel (I'd like to see it in the theater but will most likely wait to see it on DVD). The only real criticism I have for the first one is that I thought the casting of Mr. Fantastic was pretty poor. From the comics, Reed was always a more distinguished and tougher guy. Ioan Gruffudd just didn't cut it IMO.

yeah, he resembled more of a Cyclopse type of character from x-men...

someone who isn't very popular, but has leadership skills and while not the toughest guy....he's certainly not supposed to be "weak".....

but I guess it helps the whole Storyline between him, Sue Storm and whoever else as in Doom/SSurfer..

My best friend manages a theater in Lexington so we get free movies :tup: and lots of pre-release views. We went and saw this movie today and from me it gets :D:D

First, the effects were quite amazing. The Silver Surfer character is incredible.....and I won't get into how inconceivably hot Jessica Alba is. Cleavage galore...she has a great rack. I think anyone that sees this movie will enjoy it thoroughly. Much more enjoyable than SM3 IMHO.

After reading this post the other day I was pretty stoked to see this flick which I did this evening. What a disappointment. It barely ran fricken 80 minutes. I don't need a 3 hr flick but at least give me an hour and forty five of action and what not.

A big fat Meh.

+1

Saw it last night... wasn't Daredevil bad, but it was Fantastic Four 1 good... which means it isn't far from Daredevil bad.

Cyclones, how could you even come close to rating this in the same ball park as SM3? The effects were great, yeah, but so were they in FF1... effects a great movie do not make! The plot was pretty lame, they totally wasted Galactus (a CLOUD?! are you kidding me?!) and Surfer had like, prolly 10 lines total the entire film.

THE FF is or can be a great comic when done by great creators who handle it right, but they have missed the boat on this franchise.

+1

Saw it last night... wasn't Daredevil bad, but it was Fantastic Four 1 good... which means it isn't far from Daredevil bad.

Cyclones, how could you even come close to rating this in the same ball park as SM3? The effects were great, yeah, but so were they in FF1... effects a great movie do not make! The plot was pretty lame, they totally wasted Galactus (a CLOUD?! are you kidding me?!) and Surfer had like, prolly 10 lines total the entire film.

THE FF is or can be a great comic when done by great creators who handle it right, but they have missed the boat on this franchise.

SM3 was a meh for me. By far the worst of the three movies.