[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i have a migraine

isleseeya

used to get them 3 days a week...

if you get them even once a month, the way to beat them is by taking B-2 vitamins daily and popping a 'flush-free' niacin pill if you feel the "aura" coming on....

the aura is when you see this spot during a migraine....

this will take care of everything as I have literally felt this work the last 4 times I was going to have a migraine, but this beat it...

used to get them 3 days a week...

if you get them even once a month, the way to beat them is by taking B-2 vitamins daily and popping a 'flush-free' niacin pill if you feel the "aura" coming on....

the aura is when you see this spot during a migraine....

this will take care of everything as I have literally felt this work the last 4 times I was going to have a migraine, but this beat it...

Being an Eagle fan will give you terrible migraines. If only you could've seen the light leading you down the righteous path, you wouldn't need B-2 or niacin pills just a new team to cheer for. :D:D

I get a variation of a migraine called "cluster headaches".

Something triggers them,and I get 1-2 a day for 2 1/2 weeks,then they're gone until next year.

Painful doesn't even begin to describe them.

Me too. There's some good info here on cluster headaches. Thank God for good insurance. I've got some good stuff to keep those SOBs away.

I used to get them frequently, sometimes 4 to 5 times a week. About 20 years ago, I figured out that mine were triggered by Nutrasweet (Equal) artificial sweetener. Once I stopped eating/drinking anything with nutrasweet, the migraines stopped abruptly and completely.

I used to get them frequently, sometimes 4 to 5 times a week. About 20 years ago, I figured out that mine were triggered by Nutrasweet (Equal) artificial sweetener. Once I stopped eating/drinking anything with nutrasweet, the migraines stopped abruptly and completely.

:D

1 or 2 a month seems to be about my average, but lesser headaches are more common at about 2-3 times a week. The migranes completley take me out with nausea, sensitivity to light etc.

I sit in front of a 23" monitor about 11 hrs a day which probably doesnt help, but i do drink a couple cups of coffee each morning with Equal. Bad sinuses and allergies don't help either :D

Advil Migrane isn't bad OTC in a pinch, but i need about 3 of them.

I get a variation of a migraine called "cluster headaches".

Something triggers them,and I get 1-2 a day for 2 1/2 weeks,then they're gone until next year.

Painful doesn't even begin to describe them.

yeah I get sinus migraines and tension migraines....they both set off...this is probably a cluster version of what you said....because I used to get them 3x a week every week...

I likely have to be in a room with no light and no noise....and it feels like my head is in a vice the entire time...

I was even told by my doctor that with the symptoms...they were mini-strokes...so finding a way to beat them was a must...

but these supplement pills work like a charm

yeah I get sinus migraines and tension migraines....they both set off...this is probably a cluster version of what you said....because I used to get them 3x a week every week...

I likely have to be in a room with no light and no noise....and it feels like my head is in a vice the entire time...

I was even told by my doctor that with the symptoms...they were mini-strokes...so finding a way to beat them was a must...

but these supplement pills work like a charm

Hopefully you've seen a neurologist about that. The brain isn't something to mess around with. It doesn't sound like you've got clusters, as they generally don't induce nausea or a sensitivity to light. Most cluster sufferers try to stay "active" during an attack.

Symptoms are:

* Swelling under or around the eyes (usually one eye, on the same side as the head pain)

* Excessive tears (on the affected side)

* Red eye (on the affected side)

* Rhinorrhea (runny nose) or nasal congestion (typically occurs on only one side of the nose, the same side as the head pain)

* Red, flushed face

* Headache

o Begins suddenly

o Commonly begins 2 to 3 hours after falling asleep

o Steady, sharp pain

o Burning or boring pain

o Characteristically occurs on one side of the head

o May occur in and around one eye

o May involve one side of the face from neck to temples

o Pain quickly gets worse, peaking within 5 to 10 minutes

o Peak pain may last one-half to 2 hours

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday to review my headaches. I just got done with a six week stretch of clusters. He put me on a preventative medicine that helped me out. There's some good medicines out there for when an attack occurs too. When I get one, it feels like somebody is jabbing an icepick into my eyeball... I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

Don't get them too often and hope none of you all suffer from migraine headaches but I got one so bad now I feel like my eyeball is going to pop out ...man I hate these :D:D

my wife gets them occasionally and I hate it since it seems like I can never do anything to make her feel better...they just have to run their course :tup:

Hopefully you've seen a neurologist about that. The brain isn't something to mess around with. It doesn't sound like you've got clusters, as they generally don't induce nausea or a sensitivity to light. Most cluster sufferers try to stay "active" during an attack.

Symptoms are:

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday to review my headaches. I just got done with a six week stretch of clusters. He put me on a preventative medicine that helped me out. There's some good medicines out there for when an attack occurs too. When I get one, it feels like somebody is jabbing an icepick into my eyeball... I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

they checked me out and everything was fine on several occasions...

it's not a problem so much anymore as I would only get them once every couple of months or a couple within a month between 3 months or more..

but now I only get them when there's a gas leak in the area but my remedy beats it to the punch, I could actually feel it coming on and then doing nothing...

:D

1 or 2 a month seems to be about my average, but lesser headaches are more common at about 2-3 times a week. The migranes completley take me out with nausea, sensitivity to light etc.

I sit in front of a 23" monitor about 11 hrs a day which probably doesnt help, but i do drink a couple cups of coffee each morning with Equal. Bad sinuses and allergies don't help either :D

Advil Migrane isn't bad OTC in a pinch, but i need about 3 of them.

This is exactly what I had going on. I found out that I had extremely high blood pressure (205/145). I started watching my salt and caffein intake. Also forced myself to sleep at least 6 hours per night. Before I would be ok with about 4 to 5 hours per night. In addition, the doc has me on three meds to control it. Now I am down to an acceptable 140/65

I have not had a migrane now in 3 months! I have only had 1 minor headache in that time.

When I got migranes, I would slam a coke, take two advils, an aleve, and two tylenols all simultaniously. Then if that didn't help, I would slam a frappachino or a couple coffees. Continuously overload myself with sugar and caffeine. That usually helped keep me from getting nauseated at least.

Exedrin Migrane works pretty good..For me personally drinking a lot of water helps keep headaches away..If I dont drink much water during the course of the day I get one..A lot of my headache issues were allergy related too

Regular meds don't work for me.None.Before we figured out what they were,the doc even gave me percocets and they barely put a dent in them.

Imitrex is the only drug that works for me.

Word. I take Maxalt, which is in a similar class.