[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My God do I love roller coasters

loaf

I love roller coasters also. I grew up with the old wooden coasters at Kennywood. Been to Cedar point a few times as a kid. Dad used to take us on vacation to a small town between Cleveland and Sandusky called Vermillion. I'm sure you've heard of it loaf. There was this place that rented cottages near the lake. Would love to drive up there sometime to check it out. Will probably bring back lots of memories.

:D

I'll take one of these coaster rides any day over a ride that just drops straight down. It's something about those twists and turns that make these rides GREAT!!!

I love roller coasters. My wife hates them. As a kid we used to go to Kennywood and Cedar Point every year. I would ride every coaster I could. I also remember riding a coaster called "The Beast" as a kid. I think that one was at Kings Island if I remember correctly.

Edit to add:

I did manage to get my wife on the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood and I thought she was going to throw up. There is a video of that ride on Loaf's link too.

Edited by max

I went to Cedar Point for the first time over memorial day weekend. I've always loved roller coasters. We usually go to KIngs Island, but the coasters at Cedar Point just blew them all away. I only had to wait in line 30 minutes to ride the Top Thrill Dragster when I went. A lot of rides we got right on, so I had time to ride pretty much everything I wanted to. I can't wait to go again.

I love roller coasters. My wife hates them. As a kid we used to go to Kennywood and Cedar Point every year. I would ride every coaster I could. I also remember riding a coaster called "The Bease" as a kid. I think that one was at Kings Island if I remember correctly.

Yep, "The Beast", as well as "Son of Beast" are at Kings Island.

The thing about the Top thrill Dragster though is that after waiting in line for dang near 2.5hrs, the ride itself, while definitely a thrill starting off at 120mph, was that it literally was only 20seconds long, and I do mean literally only 20 seconds. Not worth the wait at the expense of not getting to ride some of the other ones. My personal favorite in terms of thrills and duration is Millenium Force by a long shot.

Kingda ka is now the king of the coasters though boys ...it has most if not all the records ....at least until a new one comes along and breaks it

Kingda KaThe fierce Kingda Ka is simply the tallest, fastest roller coaster on earth. This remarkable thrill ride breaks all world records for coaster speed and height, zooming from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and catapulting you 45 stories into the sky.

• Get propelled horizontally at 128 mph via hydraulic launch • Hang on tight as you shoot 90 degrees into a quarter-turn • Blast 456 feet high, then plunge vertically into a 270-degree spiral • Experience weightlessness as you swoop down a valley and up a 129-foot camel hump

Presented by

KINGDA KA BY THE NUMBERSHeight Restrictionsmin. 54" Ride CategoryThrill (MORE LIKE THIS) Flash PassYes Top speed World Record at 128 mph ElevationWorld Record at 456 feet (45 stories) Length3,118 feet Duration50.6 seconds Capacity18 IntroducedMay 20, 2005

Edited by isleseeya

I live 10 minutes from Hersheypark and there is also another nice park called Knoebel's Grove nearby as well. Even at 32, when I go to amusement parks, I am like a little kid. I ride all day long, non-stop. Love it !!!!! :D

I live 10 minutes from Hersheypark and there is also another nice park called Knoebel's Grove nearby as well. Even at 32, when I go to amusement parks, I am like a little kid. I ride all day long, non-stop. Love it !!!!! :D

At 32 you still are a kid. :D

Kings Dominion has like 100 of these things, I swear. Not much for em myself, most are too jerky. I liked the more straight up n down/loopers.

But even if I liked them no freakin way would I wait more than 20-30 mins tops for one, or any ride.

Kingda ka is now the king of the coasters though boys ...it has most if not all the records ....at least until a new one comes along and breaks it

Kingda KaThe fierce Kingda Ka is simply the tallest, fastest roller coaster on earth. This remarkable thrill ride breaks all world records for coaster speed and height, zooming from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and catapulting you 45 stories into the sky.

The one thing that I don't like about the Kingda Ka is that it's not original. It's essentially Top Thrill Dragster a few feet higher and a extra hump. It opened up 2 years after TTD after the design company worked out all of the kinks that initially plagued TTD. It may hold all the actual records, but in my opinion to get a new coaster record it needs to be a new, unique design as oppose to what someone else did only ever so slightly faster/higher/better.

For roller coasters in general though, you can't beat Cedar Point.

The great thing about Cedar Point (besides the fact that it has 17 coasters) is I can remember back when the Iron Dragon and the Magnum XL-200 were new and the best you'd ever seen. The park continually outdoes itself.

Edit: Here's your complete list of records in relation to roller coasters...

Edited by myhousekey