[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Olsen impressing in camp

Fatman

Couple of tidbits I came across.

From SI's Peter King:

3. I think Greg Olsen, the first-round pick from Miami, looks like a man among boys on some of his pass routes. He's a head taller than some linebackers who try to cover him, a head and shoulders taller than the corners. Looks athletic too, with good hands.

And

(Rotoworld) Bears first-round pick Greg Olsen has impressed teammates and the coaching staff with his blocking ability at training camp.

Impact: "Finesse" blocking was the No. 1 knock on Olsen coming from Miami. He's also been everything the Bears hoped as a deep threat. Chicago will try to use two-tight end sets to keep both Olsen and Desmond Clark on the field.

---

Could make a nice sleeper this year.

Edited by Fatman

Olsen is only going to help Grossman and I look for him to have a solid rookie year. The guy is a freakish athlete and is far ahead in knowning the offense. The real thing he needs to work on is blocking but it looks like he is doing well at that too.

Do you think this guy has much fantasy value? I owned D. Clark last year and he had some big games (when Rex wasn't bounc passing the ball). I haven't watched Olsen much, but I supposed I could see picking him up as a #2 bye week filler with an upside if the Bears O actually holds up.

Hi, please refrain from being a hugh moran and you should be fine.

:D This post was meant for a totally different thread... :D

Anyways, I really like Olsen, as a Bears fan... glad they were able to grab him. Hopefully Grossman can get him the rock.

Edited by darin3

Neither will have major or consistent fantasy value this season, and Olsen will be over-started tremendously. He will have a game where he goes like 4-67 with a score, so the next week many owners will start him, then he will proceed to go 1-8. Being a rookie TE with a solid veteran in front of him, a QB named Rex Grossman ,and a run-based gameplan.....means that other than a half-dozen TD's, he will hurt more fantasy teams than he helps.

Edited by Seahawks21

Neither will have major or consistent fantasy value this season, and Olsen will be over-started tremendously. He will have a game where he goes like 4-67 with a score, so the next week many owners will start him, then he will proceed to go 1-8. Being a rookie TE with a solid veteran in front of him, a QB named Rex Grossman ,and a run-based gameplan.....means that other than a half-dozen TD's, he will hurt more fantasy teams than he helps.

Um, ok. :D

Edited by Goopster24

I love how everyone follows the lead of the talking heads and say "he needs to work on his blocking".... :D

OK, here they went and drafted the fastest athlete at the TE position that was at the draft this year. He's able to get 25 yards downfield in the seam as quick as any other TE in the league. They are going to potentially use 2 TE sets more now. I really don't think the coaching staff thinks he "needs to work on his blocking" as much as the coaching staff thinks "he's spreading the field and he's a playmaker".

It's not like they are going to ask him to be hammering DL's every single play. He'll be fine blocking against LB's and DB's when they think he's a target. I'll eat my words that by midseason, the kid isn't playing because he "needs to work on his blocking".

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself with the "he needs to work on his blocking" statement that has been said ad naseum for months now.

Man I miss him already.

A future stud at TE for sure. Not to mention a solid citizen to boot.

And he went to Miami? :D

I can't bring myself to watch Miami football so I'll have to watch him at Chicago and see if this "solid citizen" from the U does exist.