[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which group of these RBs would you rather have?

TDFFFreak

I was taking a look at our HoF Ladder draft and came across these teams' running backs and thought they all had some big question marks, but big upsides as well. So at this point in the preseason, rank from 1-5 which group of RBs and why you'd rather have on your roster. THIS IS A PPR LEAGUE. In no particular order:

Group #1: Shawn Alexander,Cedric Benson, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Brown

Group #2: Joseph Addai, Rudi Johnson, DeAngello Williams, Kenny Irons

Group #3: Travis Henry, Thomas Jones, Deuce McAllister, Chris Henry

Group #4: Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, De'Shaun Foster

Group #5: Ronnie Brown, Edgerrin James, Marion Barber, Fred Taylor

All of these teams were picked at the 6 spot or later in the draft.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taking a look at our HoF Ladder draft and came across these teams running backs and thought they all had some big question marks, but big upsides as well. So at this point in the preseason, rank from 1-5 which group of RBs and why you'd rather have on your roster. THIS IS A PPR LEAGUE. In no particular order:

I like 2...getting Rudi that low is rediculous. DeAngelo should be starting one would think soon, and he got the cuff for Johnson. So he has three solid RB's. I like number 1 second with 3.5 starters.....jury is out on LenDale...my two cents

Guest ksu70

Another vote for #2. I like the stability of Rudi and his 1300/10 while I love the potential of Addai and DeAngelo. Addai's knock is he is unproven for a whole year but he is in a high octane system and he doesn't necessarily have to have it 25 times a game to be a star and I just like Williams, no real study to back that up, just like him as a RB3 with a lot of potential.

I like 2 best considering it is PPR and has the most upside. I like 3 for the least amount of risk - meaning there are essentially 3 starters if you consider McAllister a starter, which I do. The other teams have much more risk IMO but of course each group carries some risk.

Another vote for #2. I like the stability of Rudi and his 1300/10 while I love the potential of Addai and DeAngelo. Addai's knock is he is unproven for a whole year but he is in a high octane system and he doesn't necessarily have to have it 25 times a game to be a star and I just like Williams, no real study to back that up, just like him as a RB3 with a lot of potential.

I agree and think Addai is a steal at #6, I have him at #3 overall. :D

Between him and Williams you have a boatload of upside, plus a proven consistent back in Rudi, plus his handcuff to boot. This team has the best chance of owning two top 5 backs and 3 in the top 10 when all is said and done.

I guess I am the only one that likes #4. :D

And you're in the HOF League?!?! :D:wacko:

5. I hate 2.

And that's why you're in the Practice Squad. :wacko:

Can I vote?

Don't bother as you'd probably just repeat my answer.

He got to 1st rounders then a glorified backup and an insurance claim that will share carries with Perry.

I guess it's a matter of how youlook at it. I see three RBs that will put up starting RB numbers. And Irons will take Perry's place as the 3rd down back and make a decent amount of catches. Best group and most agree.

He got two 1st rounders then a glorified backup and an insurance claim that will share carries with Perry.

Since each team presumably only picks once in the first round, isn't getting two first rounders an advantage in itself? :D

If Williams = glorified backup, then Fox and his new OC should be fired. He is a better back than Foster and deserves to start week 1. Also I know you should never assume injuries but Foster's health last year was an anomaly IMO. He's due to get dinged again.

5 is a close second but Brown and Edge represent a lot more risk than Rudi and Addai, IMO. Brown needs a lot of things to go his way this year, including Green staying upright all year, not to mention his own durability and conditioning which are suspect. I do like Edge to improve but the o-line scares me, and I can see Leinart struggling a bit at times which is going to limit Edge's red zone chances. He may sneak into the top 10 but will be inconsistent.

I like 2 best considering it is PPR and has the most upside. I like 3 for the least amount of risk - meaning there are essentially 3 starters if you consider McAllister a starter, which I do. The other teams have much more risk IMO but of course each group carries some risk.

PPR is key to these line ups. Without it, the whole scenerio changes.

Can I vote?

Of course you can vote.... but you cannot vote for your own team. :D For what it's worth, see below Gil....

I like #2 also

1, 4, & 3 all close for 2nd

and 5 after that

:D I think 5 may turn out to be the best of the bunch, you just have a bunch of injury and other risk on that team. Edge and Brown are 2 very good starters IMO if they live up to their billing (Brown) and stay healthy and perform (Edge). Talylor isn't too shabby if he can stay healthy. This one team is the least upside (outside of brown), but could just be consistently good from week to week.

5. I hate 2.

ANyone who's been paying attention or can sluth knows who's who in these Ladder leagues, so why the hate for team 2? (Funny, because, as I said above, I think 5 may stand the biggest chance of being tough.)

I think team #3 could be pretty darn good if both Jones and Henry work out. The Denver situation always scares me a bit though.

Also note, the RBs are independent of the rest of the teams. So one team may look good in the RB department, there's a decent chance that they are weaker in the WR or QB area. I was just curious in using this as a measure of how drafting late can affect a team's lineup in the ever-so-hot RB slots

Edited by TDFFFreak

I was taking a look at our HoF Ladder draft and came across these teams' running backs and thought they all had some big question marks, but big upsides as well. So at this point in the preseason, rank from 1-5 which group of RBs and why you'd rather have on your roster. THIS IS A PPR LEAGUE. In no particular order:

From the outside looking in at our HoF drafters here is my 2 cents.

1 - Group #5 - This group was swinging for the fences more than the others. Like the other groups they need a lot to go their way, but the 2 starters are the feature backs and each will have good opportunities to catch alot of passes. The back ups have good upside(Barber) and experience who will get carries(Taylor). This group would do well to acquire L.Booker.

2 - Group #2 - This group is a close second IMO. Addai has the biggest upside of any listed here IMO and will catch a lot of passes in that offense. Rudi is the model of consistency, but doesn't catch many balls. This group also has their 2 starters has feature backs that don't share and Williams should be the starter at some point, but for now will still share with Foster. Irons is just a handcuff that might not be the back-up.

3 - Group #4 - Reggie is 2nd in the up-side dept. and this is because he shares time with Deuce. In a PPR league he will get his. Portis is a big risk, so I think that Green ends up the #2 on this team. Would try and get Betts if possible, probably not. Not sure what Foster will do, get hurt, lose his job to Williams... wait and see I guess.

4 - Group #3 - At first glance the 2 starters look like they are clear cut not to share time, but they might. Not sold on Henry, just because he is in Denver and got a big contract. T. Jones may share some carries with Leon Washington and we know that Deuce is sharing with Bush. C. Henry is in Tenn and who knows whats going on there. If T. Henry is the MAN as is Jones then this team moves up to #2.

5 - Group #1 - This group is last but not by much. Shawn could have a bounce back year but he is getting older and that line isn't getting better, not to mention that foot. C. Benson hasn't proven anything but the ability to get hurt. M.Lynch will be the best rookie RB because of situation. But, like the rest of this class he won't catch a lot of passes IMO. C. Brown, again Tenn. who knows. This is the team that needs the most handcuffs, all of them.

In closing these groups are all good with potential and risk. The gap between the top and bottom group is pretty small IMO and all have the potential to end up with 2 top 10 RB. :D

Again, just my 2 cents. Good luck to all! :D

Since each team presumably only picks once in the first round, isn't getting two first rounders an advantage in itself? :D

If Williams = glorified backup, then Fox and his new OC should be fired. He is a better back than Foster and deserves to start week 1. Also I know you should never assume injuries but Foster's health last year was an anomaly IMO. He's due to get dinged again.

5 is a close second but Brown and Edge represent a lot more risk than Rudi and Addai, IMO. Brown needs a lot of things to go his way this year, including Green staying upright all year, not to mention his own durability and conditioning which are suspect. I do like Edge to improve but the o-line scares me, and I can see Leinart struggling a bit at times which is going to limit Edge's red zone chances. He may sneak into the top 10 but will be inconsistent.

Hey this thread is IMO. Rudi really isn't a 1st rounder in a PPR. Well Williams was definetely touted last year the same exact way, with the "offense suits him better" and Foster is a bum mindset. Your guys' opinion that he's a better back doesn't mean anything, Foster is clearly the one, even though that idiot can't score more than 3 TDs a year. This guy has little more upside then one of those Titan backs and is being taken way to early, especially in BOTH leagues. I like Irons but his upside is limited. Even if Rudi is injured it's not like Irons with start touting the load. Maybe I don't hate 2 but I certainly rank it lower than 5.

Also note, the RBs are independent of the rest of the teams. So one team may look good in the RB department, there's a decent chance that they are weaker in the WR or QB area. I was just curious in using this as a measure of how drafting late can affect a team's lineup in the ever-so-hot RB slots

Exactly. Honestly, I did not look at whose players were who's. So I strictly broke down which group I'd rather have. No harm meant by it. I'll wait until I'm in HOF for that.